HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Aug 10, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #3,303 of 3,724
You shouldn't worry, he will reply one day.

Communication is not his strongest point but let me tell you that the Pico DAC is VERY good.
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #3,304 of 3,724
Yes. I just heard from Justin.
Thanks anyway for your help!

QUOTE=pfillion;5921206]You shouldn't worry, he will reply one day.

Communication is not his strongest point but let me tell you that the Pico DAC is VERY good.
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #3,308 of 3,724
Justin - Is it posible to buy battery for the Pico DAC/Amp from you?
And if yes, how much it cost?
If not, where can I buy one than?

Aug 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #3,309 of 3,724
Hi i want to buy one in

1 w/ DAC
- Silver
- no engraving

the USB Cable

Many thx

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #3,310 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi i want to buy one in

1 w/ DAC
- Silver
- no engraving

the USB Cable

Many thx

You don't need to post in the pre-order thread now, you can just go to HeadAmp Audio Electronics and order one right off the website.

Aug 31, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #3,311 of 3,724
Some questions about the dac/amp:

1) Is the battery user replaceable? Where can we get replacements?

2) Is the analog signal path completely isolated from the digital side? I ask that because my Headroom Total Bithead leaks 60 cycle hum from the USB port through to the headphones, defeating the purpose of a DAC in my opinion. This is why I'm casting around for other dac/amps.

3) Is the DAC upsampling only (44/16 in or whatever) or can I use it to listen to 24/88 and 24/96 sources without downconversion? I might like to listen to some high res recordings like that.

4) Are general specs and info available in one place? They are hard to discern from this thread without reading an awful lot of messages.

5) Why no SPDIF input? That is sometimes easier to deal with and more serious than USB. Do you think you might add it or make a new model? I don't want a full sized home unit, but a portable unit larger than the Pico would be fine.

6) I'd like to register my extreme discomfort with proprietary or exotic batteries of any sort, and that I'd have been much happier if you used a standard, easily replaceable "9V" rechargeable or something along those lines, even if it made the box a tad larger. I just see too much drama on all the forums about replacing the custom batteries in weird DAP's and have been through the same thing with any numbers of PDA's and cell phones and I'm just tired of it.

Thanks.

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #3,313 of 3,724
The answers can be found in this thread.

1) Is the battery user replaceable? Where can we get replacements?
Yes, it uses Molex connection so it should be easy to replace the battery, you can get the replacement from HeadAmp

2) Is the analog signal path completely isolated from the digital side?
The charging board is completely separated from the Amp/DAC board.

3) Is the DAC upsampling only (44/16 in or whatever) or can I use it to listen to 24/88 and 24/96 sources without downconversion?
I'll let others answer this.

4) Are general specs and info available in one place?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/he...ml#post3376651

5) Why no SPDIF input? That is sometimes easier to deal with and more serious than USB. Do you think you might add it or make a new model? I don't want a full sized home unit, but a portable unit larger than the Pico would be fine.
It would make Pico bigger, a Pico should be small
biggrin.gif
and there are alternatives out there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back