HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Apr 1, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #3,241 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't stress. If you've read through this entire thread you'll find that Justin is quite untimely.

Yeah, hang in there pcllau. Not to rub it in but I just happen to be listening to my 325i & Pico at THIS very moment!
icon10.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #3,242 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, hang in there pcllau. Not to rub it in but I just happen to be listening to my 325i & Pico at THIS very moment!
icon10.gif

Holding on, only just though ...
Great to hear another proud owner of the grado sr325i. Maybe there should be a section for 'appreciation of grado sr325i and headamp pico combination'. I was intrigued to know if you have tried using the dac from a computer to stream high bit rate audio to your grados. That's if you have the usb/dac version. I am planning to stream high quality (FLAC, WAV) from my ipod using a quality line out cable. But it would be nice to know that streaming audio via usb/dac from a computer gives good or even better results.

L3000.gif
pcllau

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #3,243 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcllau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holding on, only just though ...
Great to hear another proud owner of the grado sr325i. Maybe there should be a section for 'appreciation of grado sr325i and headamp pico combination'. I was intrigued to know if you have tried using the dac from a computer to stream high bit rate audio to your grados. That's if you have the usb/dac version. I am planning to stream high quality (FLAC, WAV) from my ipod using a quality line out cable. But it would be nice to know that streaming audio via usb/dac from a computer gives good or even better results.

L3000.gif
pcllau

I do have the DAC version. I use mostly ~245vbr MP3 on my iPod but I do have quite a few reference tracks in Apple lossless. Using the Pico DAC I use foobar 2000 with FLAC files and CD's.

To my ears the Pico DAC does sound better than the iPod's line out with lossless audio.

Apr 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #3,244 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcllau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still waiting for my headamp pico usb/dac. Just thought, I would post this to ask any based in the United Kingdom what their experiences were. I ordered my pico at the end of february, and was real excited to get an email from both Justin and the US postal service telling me my parcel was in uk customs on the 19th March, and released on the 20th March. So I would have thought I would be expecting my pico to arrive in the next 5 days. But sadly I am still waiting. I would understand the delay if uk customs was still keeping hold of the parcel, but according to the US postal service email customs released the parcel on the 20th March. So was wondering if anyone who may have ordered from the UK could put my mind at ease.

Proud owner of the Grado sr325i headphones. (But will be even better when I get my pico, hopefully soon).

smily_headphones1.gif
pcllau

Mine was delivered by Parcel Force and because there was some import duty to pay it was held at the depot until i went and paid it, it might be the same for yours

Probably worthwhile trying the tracking number at the Parcel Force website to see if it has any info on it.

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #3,245 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine was delivered by Parcel Force and because there was some import duty to pay it was held at the depot until i went and paid it, it might be the same for yours

Probably worthwhile trying the tracking number at the Parcel Force website to see if it has any info on it.

Thanks. My pico is indeed waiting at parcelforce for payments. I wasn't informed so had to chase it up myself. Nevermind. Should be receiving my pico tomorrow. Woohoo.

smily_headphones1.gif
pcllau

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #3,246 of 3,724
Hi guys, is the pico battery user-replaceable?

Apr 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #3,249 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Replacing the battery requires taking the circuit boards out of the enclosure. It is not soldered to the board or permanently attached in any way

Oh, my bad. I coulda sworn I read it was soldered in somewhere. My memory is going out early
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #3,251 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by woliudo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, I've put an order 2 weeks ago, sent 4 emails, and left a message on his phone, but got no reply. Not even a confirmation on receiving transaction. does anyone have the same experience?

My guess is that a majority owners had a similar experience. Take heart, the Amp is worth it. It can get frustrating at times, but you will wind up with an amp you will be very happy with. Justin puts far more effort into a great product than communications.

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #3,252 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by woliudo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, I've put an order 2 weeks ago, sent 4 emails, and left a message on his phone, but got no reply. Not even a confirmation on receiving transaction. does anyone have the same experience?

I see 2 emails from the day you placed the order about the shipping address and color, which I noted, and then nothing until a few minutes ago...did not get a voice mail. Your Pico is one of the next few that I have to finish building

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Apr 15, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #3,253 of 3,724
^ Hopefully there is mine as well in that few Picos
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #3,254 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see 2 emails from the day you placed the order about the shipping address and color, which I noted, and then nothing until a few minutes ago...did not get a voice mail. Your Pico is one of the next few that I have to finish building

ok at last! thanks a lot.

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #3,255 of 3,724
Want to order a Black Pico Amp with DaC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back