HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #3,226 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I more often will set the target amp volume to about 3-4 o'clock and leave it there, and then use the Pico from zero volume and up as the pre-amp and primary volume control.

That it a really great idea and does make a lot of sense when you think about it, I assume you have the pico in high gain when using it this way?

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #3,227 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhhh, thanks S J.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Does anyone know how much more I have to pay if I decide to color-customize my Pico?

The fee for mixing colors is $20, as per HeadAmp - Audio Electronics

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #3,228 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That it a really great idea and does make a lot of sense when you think about it, I assume you have the pico in high gain when using it this way?

Yeah.

To the other person about the logo and RCA jack location - it seems to me this is going to hang off the back of the desk or behind the PC and not sit on the desktop, so it wont matter much of the time.

Mar 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #3,229 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah.

To the other person about the logo and RCA jack location - it seems to me this is going to hang off the back of the desk or behind the PC and not sit on the desktop, so it wont matter much of the time.

Well I think at least some, like me would prefer to put it on top of the amp.
tongue.gif
Wouldn't it be a waste to put such a beauty behind the back
icon10.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #3,231 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I think at least some, like me would prefer to put it on top of the amp.
tongue.gif
Wouldn't it be a waste to put such a beauty behind the back
icon10.gif

Well, it sits on the amp, RCA to the back and USB to the front - still works for me (logo or not).

Mar 15, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #3,232 of 3,724
I read it has great synergy with SR325i, but what about the RS1 and GS1000?

Mar 22, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #3,235 of 3,724
I've got 4 portable amps (P51, Pico, Xin Reference, Xin Supermini) and my preference with RS-1/flats is the Pico.

Preference for them, on my desktop, is Joe Grado HPA-1 (battery). Using a tube amp for HP-2 right now.

Mar 22, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #3,236 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got 4 portable amps (P51, Pico, Xin Reference, Xin Supermini) and my preference with RS-1/flats is the Pico.

Preference for them, on my desktop, is Joe Grado HPA-1 (battery). Using a tube amp for HP-2 right now.

My preference for portable amped RS-1 with flats is also the Pico, but I prefer the P-51 and Predator with bowls just a tiny bit more (then I am using my iMod or Pico or D10 as the DAC). The Pico helps improve the smaller soundstage and slightly recessed treble of the flat pads a little better so I get the best mids and bass the RS-1 have to offer; but with the bowls I get a bigger soundstage from the pads and need a warmer amp to keep it sounding right. I wish there was a pad that sounded in-between the bowls and flats - the reversed bowls is almost there but not quite.

Nevertheless, I could not go without having several options
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #3,238 of 3,724
I am still waiting for my headamp pico usb/dac. Just thought, I would post this to ask any based in the United Kingdom what their experiences were. I ordered my pico at the end of february, and was real excited to get an email from both Justin and the US postal service telling me my parcel was in uk customs on the 19th March, and released on the 20th March. So I would have thought I would be expecting my pico to arrive in the next 5 days. But sadly I am still waiting. I would understand the delay if uk customs was still keeping hold of the parcel, but according to the US postal service email customs released the parcel on the 20th March. So was wondering if anyone who may have ordered from the UK could put my mind at ease.

Proud owner of the Grado sr325i headphones. (But will be even better when I get my pico, hopefully soon).

smily_headphones1.gif
pcllau

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #3,239 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcllau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still waiting for my headamp pico usb/dac. Just thought, I would post this to ask any based in the United Kingdom what their experiences were. I ordered my pico at the end of february, and was real excited to get an email from both Justin and the US postal service telling me my parcel was in uk customs on the 19th March, and released on the 20th March. So I would have thought I would be expecting my pico to arrive in the next 5 days. But sadly I am still waiting. I would understand the delay if uk customs was still keeping hold of the parcel, but according to the US postal service email customs released the parcel on the 20th March. So was wondering if anyone who may have ordered from the UK could put my mind at ease.

Proud owner of the Grado sr325i headphones. (But will be even better when I get my pico, hopefully soon).

smily_headphones1.gif
pcllau

Don't stress. If you've read through this entire thread you'll find that Justin is quite untimely.

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #3,240 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't stress. If you've read through this entire thread you'll find that Justin is quite untimely.

Thanks for the quick reply. But I think you're mistaken. I don't blame Justin, as he already sent me an email over 10 days ago to confirm the pico was delivered. Just for some reason there is a hold on arrival in the UK.

cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif
pcllau

Users who are viewing this thread

Back