HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jul 2, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #2,296 of 3,724
i have a complaint regarding my pico.
it's so frigging small.
eek.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #2,297 of 3,724
Hey Justin, I'd like to revise my order. If possible, I'd prefer it entirely in one nonstandard color, red or orange preferably, but any nonstandard will do. Otherwise, bronze is acceptable. That's with the DAC and 3' USB, of course. Thanks!

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #2,298 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by JwangSDC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wait after payment wouldn't be so bad except that I feel I was led to believe it would be shipped soon after payment. Now that I know I have another 2 weeks, that's fine.

I am pretty sure Justin said about million times that you do NOT have to pay until it is ready to ship. He also said that paying early does absolutely nothing to help you get Pico faster.

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #2,299 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Justin, I'd like to revise my order. If possible, I'd prefer it entirely in one nonstandard color, red or orange preferably, but any nonstandard will do. Otherwise, bronze is acceptable. That's with the DAC and 3' USB, of course. Thanks!

What, not Purple
biggrin.gif

picoprclcloa5.jpg

...remember this thread??

Jul 3, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #2,302 of 3,724
Quote:

To my ears the DAC is awesome for the money.

Nooo! I wanted to hear 'It's rubbish, save your money'!!
wink.gif

Okay, thanks for the input - one more silly question...I think I know the answer, but someone please confirm.

Using the DAC will totally get rid of the nasty buzzing/hissing/humming, etc. you get when listening through a PC, right? Because the USB port is just squirting out bits to the DAC, and the Pico itself is then responsible for the whole analog part of the signal. And therefore, it should sound just as good as using a decent portable player - and that's before you even take into account the quality the amp in the Pico is bringing to the table.

Does that about sum it up?

Thanks again.

Jul 3, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #2,303 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty sure Justin said about million times that you do NOT have to pay until it is ready to ship. He also said that paying early does absolutely nothing to help you get Pico faster.

Have you ordered a Pico? You just made my point. Justin requests payment 3-4 months after you pre-order and does say that he doesn't request payment until your pico is about to ship. Of course, it doesn't ship until a 4-6 weeks after you pay, which is what I was talking about. I don't want to argue in this thread about it because I'm 100% sure when I get my Pico I will be extremely happy, it's just a tiny gripe of mine and something I wanted to make other people who are pre-ordering aware of.

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #2,304 of 3,724
yup, I use it as my home rig when listening to the headphones.
works fine, would be cool if it would charge from USB though

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadfolk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Using the DAC will totally get rid of the nasty buzzing/hissing/humming, etc. you get when listening through a PC, right? Because the USB port is just squirting out bits to the DAC, and the Pico itself is then responsible for the whole analog part of the signal. And therefore, it should sound just as good as using a decent portable player - and that's before you even take into account the quality the amp in the Pico is bringing to the table.

Thanks again.

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #2,305 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by JwangSDC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ordered a Pico? You just made my point. Justin requests payment 3-4 months after you pre-order and does say that he doesn't request payment until your pico is about to ship. Of course, it doesn't ship until a 4-6 weeks after you pay, which is what I was talking about. I don't want to argue in this thread about it because I'm 100% sure when I get my Pico I will be extremely happy, it's just a tiny gripe of mine and something I wanted to make other people who are pre-ordering aware of.

I am a proud owner of Pico since January
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #2,306 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadfolk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nooo! I wanted to hear 'It's rubbish, save your money'!!
wink.gif

Okay, thanks for the input - one more silly question...I think I know the answer, but someone please confirm.

Thanks again.

The Pico should be dead quiet even using sensitive IEMs, not even a turn on click. Using the DAC sounds better than any portable player that I've ever used extensively, using lossy or lossless so I'll say it sounds easily better than a "decent" portable player. I've never owned an iMod though.

IIRC I received my Pico not long after sending Justin my payment but it seems things have changed a bit.

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #2,308 of 3,724
Hi justin,

I'd like to order the pico straight up, no dac, clear case, gun metal face, black knob.... I think... is there a complete list of colours posted or do I have to trawl through 100's of pages?

Also are you expecting to have the waiting times down a bit or is it still 3-5months for delivery?

Also for the other guys on the forum, does anyone already have a Maya compatible 3D model they have mocked up for choosing color ways? if not... seem as it seems that I have the time to do it perhaps i'll upload it for the rest of you guys and future peeps :wink:

PS. so justin can I leave the order as is for the moment until I do some R&D?

Jul 3, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #2,309 of 3,724
Quote:

Using the DAC sounds better than any portable player that I've ever used extensively...

Okay, I'm sold!! (As if there was ever any doubt)

Justin - please upgrade me to a DAC, with a 3ft cable. If it's available, I would like green, otherwise, bronze, if you would be so kind.

Thanks for the input, everyone.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back