HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Feb 18, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #1,502 of 3,724
Justin - Add one more to the list.

USB Dac
All Black
Retractable USB cable. Will pay extra for this if needed.
C184-28286-main.jpg

I assume the usb cable is a usb to mini usb?

Am I the only one who loves the retractable usb cable?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks.
Brian

Feb 18, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #1,503 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin - Add one more to the list.

USB Dac
All Black
Retractable USB cable. Will pay extra for this if needed.

I assume the usb cable is a usb to mini usb?

Am I the only one who loves the retractable usb cable?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks.
Brian

That's like the crappiest cable imaginable.

Feb 18, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #1,507 of 3,724
I use a retractable cable for my phone all the time and have not had any problems. It's the perfect solution for tethering my phone to my EeePc on the go when wifi is unavailable. I plan to use the Pico with my EeePC for traveling.
I guess I'm a little more gentle with my cables than others so they seem to last longer. Oh well, i guess i will have a crappy cable in a banging transportable rig. Ha... Ha...

Like I said earlier, it makes sense to me.
Call me crazy!

Geeze...
Mr. Do!

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #1,508 of 3,724
Quote:

I use a retractable cable for my phone all the time and have not had any problems. It's the perfect solution for tethering my phone to my EeePc on the go when wifi is unavailable. I plan to use the Pico with my EeePC for traveling.
I guess I'm a little more gentle with my cables than others so they seem to last longer. Oh well, i guess i will have a crappy cable in a banging transportable rig. Ha... Ha...

Call me crazy!

Geeze...
Mr. Do!

My cable was on a mouse,and the constant movement must have shorted it.
and,or the pulling it out often also.

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #1,509 of 3,724
Can you put music on an eeepc and run it out the usb to a pico or similar Mr. Do?

I have been looking for anything that has a usb out and some memory in it that is a bit more portable than a laptop. I looked at the eeepc and it looks cool, have you, or do you use it for music? How much space is left of the 2 or 4gigs is for music with a player loaded on it?

Sorry for all the questions, just looks like a cool little unit. Thanks in advance for any info!!

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #1,512 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 Cables like that don't last long,I know because I had one.

I won a 'lot' auction on Ebay last year for twenty of those 'Retractable USB cables' for 8.99 + 2.99 shipping,so if one goes,oh well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Call me crazy!

Geeze...
Mr. Do!

Same here,the first out of the batch is still going strong near a year later.

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #1,513 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by jchristensenlovesaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you put music on an eeepc and run it out the usb to a pico or similar Mr. Do?

I have been looking for anything that has a usb out and some memory in it that is a bit more portable than a laptop. I looked at the eeepc and it looks cool, have you, or do you use it for music? How much space is left of the 2 or 4gigs is for music with a player loaded on it?

Sorry for all the questions, just looks like a cool little unit. Thanks in advance for any info!!

My EeePc is the most enjoyble piece of gear I have ever owned. Here's my profile at Eeeuser.com EeeUser ASUS Eee PC EeePC Forum / ProfileCheck out my signature. I run Xp home and J.river media center 12.0 on the built in 4 gig hd. I have and 8 gig sd card for music and plan to get a 32 gig when the price falls. I also have a portable external 60 gig 1.8 usb hd made from my broken Ipod Photo for extra storage. When I'm in wifi range or using my 3g cell phone I stream all my media from J.River media server running on my Mini-ITX machine at home to my EeePc. To answer your first question, yes usb devices work on a stock EeePc as well as just about any music file.
Picture054.jpg

I do apologize to Justin and whomever if this post doe not belong here. Maybe I should have done a pm instead.

Sincerely.
Brian

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #1,515 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry but I don't think it's fair to do that. Also, i'd be afraid if I allowed it that the selling of spots would be next

I'm working on a page on my site that will allow pre-orders to be placed with a form and automatically entered onto the list, after approval

Here is an Order Status page that is also being worked on: http://www.headamp.com/orders/status.php
You can try order 6, justin@headamp.com, and let me know if there are any bugs. I'll use the "Order Notes" field to provide updates

Does anybody know what this means on the Check Your Order Status page?
Now what the blank is this pass code thing now? suggestion just update the order status page that hasn't been updated since the 23rd.
eek.gif

Check Your Order Status
Order #
Passcode:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back