HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Dec 29, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #768 of 3,724
Is anyone planning to post some detailed listening impressions now that product has shipped and reached some enthusiast ears? I am checking here several times a day...

Dec 29, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #769 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I ran into a weird problem. The Pico's DAC is a true USB 2.0 device. So some older USB cables don't always work with it. The cable that comes with the Pico works of course.

-Ed

Thanks Ed.

Justin,
Can I make an additional order of usb cable?
I hope for 1 feet USB cable. (Keep 3ft)
Is the cable cost the plus $8?

Dec 29, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #770 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone planning to post some detailed listening impressions now that product has shipped and reached some enthusiast ears? I am checking here several times a day...

check in the Amp section under the Pico thread. you will find impressions there.

Dec 29, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #771 of 3,724
I was wondering how that worked. Thanks, I'm new to this forum!

Dec 29, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #772 of 3,724
Just checked all the threads I could find. Seems people are posting pictures and a few enthusiastic comments but no proper listening notes yet.

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #774 of 3,724
Quote:

Just checked all the threads I could find. Seems people are posting pictures and a few enthusiastic comments but no proper listening notes yet.

If you did check all the threads related to the Pico, there have been listening notes related to prototypes at meets and the early customer deliveries. What in your opinion constitutes a proper listening note? What exactly are you looking for?

In my case, I just took a leap of faith after reading the threads and ordered a Pico for myself. Regardless of what I read from others, my own ears are ultimately the final judge.

Dec 29, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #775 of 3,724
Yes, I saw the listening impression from the prototype at the meets and some other notes but didn't find anything I could call a proper review. That would have to be in more detail. I am an audiophile and general gadget man but $500 is a big leap of faith even for me. May still order, very tempted.

Dec 29, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #776 of 3,724
Justin's got a 30 day money back guarantee. If the descriptions out there so far sound interesting, take a flier on it and go for it. Can't go wrong, really.

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #777 of 3,724
Quote:

Yes, I saw the listening impression from the prototype at the meets and some other notes but didn't find anything I could call a proper review. That would have to be in more detail. I am an audiophile and general gadget man but $500 is a big leap of faith even for me. May still order, very tempted.

Then you'd know that most people need to live with audio gear for awhile before formally writing anything out. It's nice to post and read first impressions, but it will take a few weeks for anything substantial to appear. I was lucky enough to hear the Pico at the Florida meet, and was impressed enough to not even question putting $500 down. I wouldn't be able to write about any detailed nuances or comparisons from that meet, but sometimes, first impressions are still dead-on and I liked what I heard and posted about then, and I'm very excited to be getting mine soon, giving it some time in my home with my music and the rest of my gear.

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #778 of 3,724
That's very true. I had just about all of my stuff at home for a week or so to try it out and see how it worked in my room. Plus my brother had a custom headphone amp from Justin and was blown away by it. Looks like I'd better dust off the wallet :)

Dec 29, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #779 of 3,724
blah blah blah
smily_headphones1.gif
It's awesome, I don't have to have owned it to know that
smily_headphones1.gif
Just jump in, both feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back