HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jan 5, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #3,016 of 3,724
Justin, please don't forget that I have dibs on #1 Pico DAC
beerchug.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #3,018 of 3,724
Has Justin suggested what this DAC will be sold for?

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #3,023 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wait has definitely been worth it, just paid the customs ransom on mine and picked it up from the depot.
L3000.gif

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...SS850014-4.jpg

Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

It looks so sweet...

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #3,024 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wait has definitely been worth it, just paid the customs ransom on mine and picked it up from the depot.
L3000.gif

SS850025-1.jpg

I use my Pico as DAC/Preamp to my GES and the synergy is better than using my Apogee mini-DAC, especially with O2 Mk2. Have you tried it that way yet?

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #3,026 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that the regular picos are in stock, I wonder if justin will change this from a preorder thread to a regular old order thread...
smily_headphones1.gif

Where did you see that regular picos are in stock? My understanding is that the silver/gray picos that were in stock in mid-december were out of stock fairly fast.

I'm still waiting on my Pico that I ordered back in September.

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #3,027 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my Pico as DAC/Preamp to my GES and the synergy is better than using my Apogee mini-DAC, especially with O2 Mk2. Have you tried it that way yet?

It would look like you are one in the market for one of Justin's new DACs without the Amp in it. He is supposed to be making them available sometime this month. I think I will be getting one of the new DACs from him.

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #3,028 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would look like you are one in the market for one of Justin's new DACs without the Amp in it. He is supposed to be making them available sometime this month. I think I will be getting one of the new DACs from him.

Yes, I am in the market and Justin is already aware of that
smily_headphones1.gif

(Justin and I have been PMing about it since September...)

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #3,030 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

It looks so sweet...

Thanks kai, it really is a tiny little powerhouse, its hard to believe theres a dac and headphone amp crammed into the tiny chassis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just found a mini to rca cable and hooked it up to the woo, it sounds amazing, every bit as good as if not better than the apogee duet. Ive set it on low gain with max volume and the volume dial on the woo is at its usual 10 o'clock position. Its really hard to take in that they are being fed by something not much bigger than a matchbox.

kudos to you Justin, its a superb piece of engineering
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back