HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Oct 16, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #2,716 of 3,724
I love it more avery day
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #2,718 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by lman_MTD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want the AMP version. Only stream from iPod/MP3/Satelite Radio

you need to tell him what colour you want

to make it easy for justin; it must read: Can I have 1 pico, amp only version, XXXXX<-this is your colour the XX's

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #2,721 of 3,724
Hey Justin, i ordered a pico from u a few months back but if i am thinking of changing the colour of the chassis in the near future can i do so? Could you PM me the details? Thanks!

Oct 19, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #2,724 of 3,724
Justin,
Are you making the DAC only pico with rca outs? and is it gonna be powered by usb only no need for batteries? That would be something I want. Probably a great match for my glite/dps and hd600/equinox for my laptop.

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #2,725 of 3,724
My Pico finally arrived.

Order placed: 04-20-2008
Pico arrived: 10-14-2008

Originally I was not very happy having to wait such a long time to receive my Pico with very little feedback from Justin but as promised my Pico arrived as described, so now I don’t care, I have my Pico and I am very happy with it.

I travel allot for work so the Pico is a perfect addition to my mobile gaming/media setup and it sounds great. Thanks Justin.

Here is some photos for those that are still waiting or care:

397120031_tzPdo-XL.jpg

397119961_YhCQR-XL.jpg

397119891_2UEoQ-XL.jpg

397119825_9JF9L-XL.jpg

397119644_TfuEX-XL.jpg

397119712_N28nH-XL.jpg

397119765_GM9H9-XL.jpg

397119361_M9hg3-XL.jpg

I have a problem tho I live in Australia and the charger that Justin supplied has two vertical prongs ( American plug I am guessing?) that does not fit aussie wall sockets, I have a universal adapter that fits it that I got that was supplied when I bought something from Hong Kong but the dilemma that I have is; the charger can plug into the socket either way, that is, you can turn it upside down and it still fits but doesn’t this mean that positive and negative are reversed?

397119560_Hjidj-XL.jpg

Can you plug it into the mains either way? I am guessing you can but I just want to make %100 sure as I don’t want to blow up my shiny new Pico.

Someone please set my mind at ease

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #2,726 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin,
Are you making the DAC only pico with rca outs? and is it gonna be powered by usb only no need for batteries? That would be something I want. Probably a great match for my glite/dps and hd600/equinox for my laptop.

RCA outs, possibly mini out as well, USB power

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 19, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #2,727 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

donunus is everywhere, everytime
wink.gif

I just got finished answering his questions in another thread, and sending you a PM about it, and here it is. Seriously, I moved my Woo GES/SR-007 out to the living room and use the Pico as my DAC/Pre-amp for them, while my Apogee mini-DAC feeds my balanced rig in the bedroom.

Oct 19, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #2,729 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kezzbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Pico finally arrived.

Order placed: 04-20-2008
Pico arrived: 10-14-2008

Originally I was not very happy having to wait such a long time to receive my Pico with very little feedback from Justin but as promised my Pico arrived as described, so now I don’t care, I have my Pico and I am very happy with it.

I travel allot for work so the Pico is a perfect addition to my mobile gaming/media setup and it sounds great. Thanks Justin.

Here is some photos for those that are still waiting or care:

I have a problem tho I live in Australia and the charger that Justin supplied has two vertical prongs ( American plug I am guessing?) that does not fit aussie wall sockets, I have a universal adapter that fits it that I got that was supplied when I bought something from Hong Kong but the dilemma that I have is; the charger can plug into the socket either way, that is, you can turn it upside down and it still fits but doesn’t this mean that positive and negative are reversed?

Can you plug it into the mains either way? I am guessing you can but I just want to make %100 sure as I don’t want to blow up my shiny new Pico.

Someone please set my mind at ease

ARE you a photographer ?!
Truely amazing photos!
Also, I love your desktop !
Nice!

Oct 19, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #2,730 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and one more question... is this gonna be a 2(or more) volt output or something like that of the standard portable daps line out voltage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back