HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jun 14, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #2,221 of 3,724
Hi
can i have a pico dac in black please?
left message on here last week but don't see my details on the list just yet!
thanks

Jun 15, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #2,222 of 3,724
Hi Justin,

I would like to order a GS-1 with Stepped Attenuator Volume Control (black) for Spain (220-240 V) and also a Pico with DAC in black also for Spain (220-240 V).

Please send me payment instructions (If you need a deposit, if I have to pay them upfront or at shipping notice).

I've heard you are working in some MOSFET upgrade. If you are planning to release it soon I can wait until new modules for GS-1 are ready. If you think it will take too long (more than 1 year), I'll prefer to have the GS-1 as it is today and upgrade later.

I know you are very busy but I shall appreciate an acknowledgment to my request when possible. I have also PM to you my request.

Best regards and looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Mauricio Echeverria

mauricio.echeverria@iservicesmail.com

Jun 15, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #2,224 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Justin,

I lost the power supply for my PICO last week during my trip in Taiwan. Could I order a replacement?

I'm #349 on the waiting list, you can email me the price and shipping info.

Thanks,

I got your Google checkout request and have sent payment. Thanks Justin!

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #2,226 of 3,724
Some comments on my pico:
I think the Pico is the best thing I have ever bought, period. It drives the HD650 very well, and the DAC is mind-blowing. Nobody will be disappointed with their purchase.

Jun 16, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #2,227 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some comments on my pico:
I think the Pico is the best thing I have ever bought, period. It drives the HD650 very well, and the DAC is mind-blowing. Nobody will be disappointed with their purchase.

I couldnt agree more. I've been holding off on posting comments for a few weeks because I wanted the 'honeymoon-period' to settle down so I could find the flaws in the unit.

And indeed I did find one. I'd like the leather bag to be a little bigger, as its pretty tight and my Pico switches between desktop DAC duty and portable amp duty frequently. And that was the only flaw I found.

Awesome work Justin. You're a true magician
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #2,230 of 3,724
...with the Wadia iTransport shipping any day, it would be nice to have a Pico with a Toslink input to the DAC section. Can it be easily done Justin?

Jun 16, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #2,231 of 3,724
I would say no. I believe it would require a new receiver for SPIDF to I2S. That would mean a completely board redesign and also require case modification for the Toslink connector.

Jun 16, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #2,232 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lornecherry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...with the Wadia iTransport shipping any day, it would be nice to have a Pico with a Toslink input to the DAC section. Can it be easily done Justin?

What naamanf said, plus this would mean the DAC would have to use battery power instead of USB. That would reduce the battery life to 3-4 hours. DACs built into battery powered portable devices like iPods are designed for battery life not audio quality. So it can be done but would be significantly larger than the Pico

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jun 17, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #2,233 of 3,724
I sent payment about 3 days ago but I haven't of yet recieved confirmation nor is it showing up on the Pico pre-order list on Headamp's site. Is this normal?

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #2,234 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent payment about 3 days ago but I haven't of yet recieved confirmation nor is it showing up on the Pico pre-order list on Headamp's site. Is this normal?

Yes. Justin is just too busy for regular updates.

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #2,235 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As far as I can tell number 350 was the last Pico justin shipped out. I am number 401 and payed 10 days ago. I'll post when I receive my Pico which should give a good estimate of how long it takes. I think 1.5 Pico's/day is about accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back