Head Fi's Balanced Battalion
Oct 30, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #31 of 97
  Funnily enough Ive just ordered a pair of Sony MDR-570LP for winter use.
Ive been struggling with pain in my ears for the past 4 months, And its a bad infection.
Cant use my In-Ears at all as it hurts too much to even try to put them in.
Im not happy about any of my existing cans getting exposed to the elements so I jumped on these.

Grab the Philips Citiscape if you see them on sale. Comfy, robust and an absolute hoot to listen to, far better than they have any right to be at that price point.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #32 of 97
  Can I play?

Linum Bax cable just after I finished re-terminating it with the Hirose 6-pin.

The Linum is a stupendously skinny cable - here it is next to the Noble SPC cable.

Linum (while still 2.5mm TRRS) vs. Noble/Hirose.

DX90 -> Solid core pure silver DIY IC -> DIY 28AWG SPC w. Hirose -> Noble Kaiser 10

I do all my own stunts cables 
redface.gif

Grab the Philips Citiscape if you see them on sale. Comfy, robust and an absolute hoot to listen to, far better than they have any right to be at that price point.

Welcome welcome! Great pics man happy to have you! It's awesome that your doing all your own Cabling as well! An thanks for joining us from Denmark! 

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #33 of 97
Cmon guys don't squirel out on my Now!

Any way here is some more eye candy for you, in particullar is my Newest Cable from @cCasper TFG he did an EXCELLENT job on this cable! It's solid Black from head to toe! Matches the headphone really well! Going to see if I can get him to do me a Unsleeved Braided Cable here shortly! 

also Pics of my LA D5k 

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #35 of 97

My new HE-4 balanced from my TP60 speaker amp. I owned the HE-4 a few years back but never had an amp to do them justice, they love the juice....

Welcome man! Yea I run my HE 4 via my NFB 10ES2 on High gain, and it does love some power 

I'm also going to start adding quotes from other members about Balanced well everything on the First Page :D 

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #36 of 97
  You know who you are, all your headphones have balanced connectors, your amps are the same. An every time you want to buy a new set of cans... you just have to factor the re-cable cost into it! 

We Head Fi's Balanced Battalion and it's roll call time guys!

So if you'd like to join please post some pics of your balanced gear, our goal here is to be the Go To spot for balanced gear! From Dacs to Amps down to the guy or girl making or balancing your headphone cable, we are here to help :3

That and feel free to share pics of your gorgeous cans, your lovely Nerutick XLR plugs and what ever else ya got! 

Silly me, yes yes big thanks to Paul for sending me the idea to start the thread! I'll get around to pics some time today 

Quote:
   Wow! that looks really nice.BTW you were right about running certain Headphones in a balanced Mode i tried my 650 with the BH SEX amp in balanced  what a difference.Oops! wrong thread supposed to be for balanced amp thread sorry folks.

My Senn Grado, Built by Joe Doe, cups by 7Keys Cable by @cCasper TFG

The HM901 Line out to my iBasso PB2 [that interconnector though xD 

The Loaner Senn Grado I got from Joe Amped out of my hm801 [now sold] 

Big up to Brian at BTG for this gorgeous Interconnect! The iBasso PB2 does a nice job Driving both my LA D5k and W1000X [at the same time balanced out] with no loss of head room 

My old LA D2k Before I sold her! Though I've got a LA D5k that should be here any day now

Another balanced cable from Brian at BTG, sadly though It's now oxidized and a little duller in color :/ 

The HiRose 6 pin side by side one of the MANY pairs of Switch Craft Mini 4pin XLRs I have 

Members
@Mshenay
@Paul Graham
@hifimanrookie 
@Sorensiim 

Crap!you're not joking.

I'am going to recable my HD 650 next week i just ordered the materials few minutes ago so hopefully i will received it on time.  

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #37 of 97
  Crap!you're not joking.

I'am going to recable my HD 650 next week i just ordered the materials few minutes ago so hopefully i will received it on time.  

wooooo

welcome my friend! If you can get a picture of your balanced rig I'd be happy to add ya to the list 

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #39 of 97
Wow gorgeous pics man! Welcome to the Thread!

I've got GOOD NEWS guys. 7Keys is sending me his SE Senn Grado! Were going to have our First SE vs Balanced BATTLE, more so SE Amplification VS Balanced, ofc the balanced will sound better due to the Amp Designs of my Amps, either way...  should be good stuff 

i Luv if you don't mind asking, what is differant about the Balanced Circuit of the BH versus the SE? Would using a dual 3pin or 4pin XLR further take advantage of the balanced Circuits advantages? 

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #40 of 97
  Wow gorgeous pics man! Welcome to the Thread!

I've got GOOD NEWS guys. 7Keys is sending me his SE Senn Grado! Were going to have our First SE vs Balanced BATTLE, more so SE Amplification VS Balanced, ofc the balanced will sound better due to the Amp Designs of my Amps, either way...  should be good stuff 

i Luv if you don't mind asking, what is differant about the Balanced Circuit of the BH versus the SE? Would using a dual 3pin or 4pin XLR further take advantage of the balanced Circuits advantages? 

Sorry! man i have no idea when it comes to electronics i just know enough to get out of trouble i don't know much.
I will be making a balanced cable for my HD 650 and installing a 3 pin XLR socket for the SEX input and 4 pin XLR socket for the output don't know if this make any difference in sound .
I chopped off the TRS jack of my 650 and hooked it to the SEX speaker binding post then i switch the amp for balanced output that is why i want to install XLR sockets but the big issue is where would i put the sockets. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #41 of 97
    Sorry! man i have no idea when it comes to electronics i just know enough to get out of trouble i don't know much.
I will be making a balanced cable for my HD 650 and installing a 3 pin XLR socket for the SEX input and 4 pin XLR socket for the output don't know if this make any difference in sound .
I chopped off the TRS jack of my 650 and hooked it to the SEX speaker binding post then i switch the amp for balanced output that is why i want to install XLR sockets but the big issue is where would i put the sockets. 

Get a little Dremel and drill out some nice holes or Run a Cable out of the amp and terminate the Female plug there [not the best looking idea but it gets teh job done] 

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #42 of 97

Get a little Dremel and drill out some nice holes or Run a Cable out of the amp and terminate the Female plug there [not the best looking idea but it gets teh job done] 

Tools and parts are not my issue here (ordered them last week should be in sometime next week) a placed on the chassis is my issue where to mount them.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #45 of 97
  oooh nice man! where'd you get tthat bad boi from :D

Our good friend @cCasper TFG  Made this for me, He's dubbed it "THE MONSTER" due to its length.
Its a 5 meter Mogami W2893, Wrapped in Type 1 Parachord in a Litz Braid.
It utilises a ViaBlue Y Splitter that is a lot lighter than it looks.
Terminated in a 6 pin Hirose Connector ready for iBasso Balanced Amplifiers.
The Adaptor is also a One-Off, Its a Rean 1/4inch Jack With a female 6 pin Hirose retro-fitted inside the Rean's outer casing.

Cant wait to see this attached to my SG's.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back