Head Fi's Balanced Battalion
Nov 22, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #76 of 97
Recommendations Please

Need balance cable for Ibasso DB2 to Ibasso PB2 also Hirose to 4 pin XLR.

Are the Ibasso cables good?

I can recommend toxic cables..i use them for years now....good price and they can make u anything u want.... Check out their appreciation thread...
Ps..their site it not updated..if u want info..pls pm them here on headfi :p

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #77 of 97
Joining in (pics later). My 3 main phones HE-500, Signature Pro and JH13 are all balanced with 40" TWau Reference terminated in Kobicon. Various TWag Reference pig tails to other terminations including a 48" one with 2 x 3-pin xlr for the home amp. Amps are SR-71B for the portable rig and RudiStor RPX-100 for home rig. Source is a balanced Audiolab 8200CD cd player and dac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #78 of 97
  My cables are all made by 

Toxic Cables
Forza Audio Works

And just recently @cCasper TFG .

All are made to the highest standard but at very affordable rates.

Thank you for the information I placed an order with cCasper TFG. thanks Hifimanrookie for suggesting Toxic Cable I have "Silver Poison" but I can't deal with the wait process. I will post pictures when I have the product.

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #79 of 97
Thank you for the information I placed an order with cCasper TFG. thanks Hifimanrookie for suggesting Toxic Cable I have "Silver Poison" but I can't deal with the wait process. I will post pictures when I have the product.
talkin about wait times of toxic products....looksie what toxic cables posted a few posts back on their thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609155/toxic-cables-impressions-and-discussion-thread/7395#post_11070334

Ready to ship cables! No waiting times on those yummy cables :wink:

Now thats a coincidence..right? Hehehehe

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #80 of 97
I'm in. My rig consists of:
- Lynx Hilo as a DAC and monitor controller
- Yamaha HS8 monitors with Presonus Temblor T10 sub (all balanced)
- Violectric V281 headphone amp 
- Sennheiser HD800 / Beyerdynamic T5p / AKG Q701 headphones (all balanced)
I tend to do all my mods and cabling myself.
Pics will follow later.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #81 of 97
As promised here are some pics of my setup:

Overall view with HS8 monitors and T10 under the desk:

V281 with balanced HD800 (via 27 ohm impedance adapter):

Recabled T5p:

Q701 featuring 4-pin balanced connector:

Q701 with V281:

Hilo busy at work doing DAC duties:

Hilo's business end:

Headphones at their resting place:

Jan 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #83 of 97
  I'm finally running a balanced setup. I modded my T90 to balanced by installing a 4 pin mini XLR chassis connector into them and running them with my ALO The International.

The mini XLR pins are:

1: left pos.
2: left neg.
3: right neg.
4: right pos. 

I also made a single ended adapter for them for use with mini-mini cables and my V-Moda Boom Pro mic cable for gaming.

Everything seems so much more separated in balanced that single ended, its awesome. The bass decay is so much quicker too. I am very happy with what I am hearing.

Very nice!You are still #1 in my list to mod my HP's only problem is till now i'am still away from home due to my work.Hopefully by November my work is done so i can go backhome and send you all my HP's that need some modding.

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #84 of 97
  Very nice!You are still #1 in my list to mod my HP's only problem is till now i'am still away from home due to my work.Hopefully by November my work is done so i can go backhome and send you all my HP's that need some modding.

WOW! NOVEMEBER? That's so far away! Whenever you want some stuff done, send me a PM!

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #85 of 97

WOW! NOVEMEBER? That's so far away! Whenever you want some stuff done, send me a PM!

Yeah i'am a construction worker so i travel all over the country and i did some work overseas few in the US.

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #89 of 97
I took jobs months at a time some of my previous jobs lasted years(overseas)things we do to survive in this world/Audiophile world:)
And if i'am backhome i'am off for months so i can relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back