Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Oct 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #106 of 856
Quote:

I don't think the issue is HE400s' treble not sounding like HE500's, but that the newer revision (yellow drivers) HE400s have more piercing treble than older (white drivers) HE400s.

Anyway thanks for the reply toward our issue, but could you specify what you guys might do? Make another driver revision? Engineer some sort of precise damping material without changing the revision? Or something else different?

Cheers.

We do not plan to do any change to the latest HE400 because we already made a little adjustment for it (even if it is not perfect yet). Next, we gonna make more headphones which will sound much better than HE400.
You all can take my words here, and we will do our best to accomplish what we promised before. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you what exactly we gonna do with our any stuffs just because it is a SECRET! So sorry, buddy. Other than that, we are so glad to help you out on everything if we are able to. Besides, I can guarrantee everything you get from us will be worth of the money you take out of your pocket.
Appreciate it.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Oct 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #107 of 856
Quote:
We do not plan to do any change to the latest HE400 because we already made a little adjustment for it (even if it is not perfect yet). Next, we gonna make more headphones which will sound much better than HE400.
You all can take my words here, and we will do our best to accomplish what we promised before. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you what exactly we gonna do with our any stuffs just because it is a SECRET! So sorry, buddy. Other than that, we are so glad to help you out on everything if we are able to. Besides, I can guarrantee everything you get from us will be worth of the money you take out of your pocket.
Appreciate it.

Is it possible to at least exchange for an older revision HE400s? Like we all said, the new sound is problematic. When I sent my older pair to you guys for replacement due to a hole on one of the drivers, I didn't want the replacement to sound worse than what I sent away.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #108 of 856
Quote:
So any date when the HE-7 will be released? 
biggrin.gif

Recently, we do not have the plan for HE-7. However, we do have the date when RE-600 & HM-901 released. You can browse our official website for more info. Furthermore, you can get them both vvvvery soon for trying on. They will not let you down, we promise.
o2smile.gif

The HE-7, which is gonna be the flag-ship headphone of HiFiMAN, is still under construction. So the release date is still a secret.
biggrin.gif

Regards,

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #109 of 856
Quote:

Is it possible to at least exchange for an older revision HE400s? Like we all said, the new sound is problematic. When I sent my older pair to you guys for replacement due to a hole on one of the drivers, I didn't want the replacement to sound worse than what I sent away.

Understood, but I need to contact the boss for sure. Besides, if you are willing to exchange for the older version, you might have to pay the coming and going shipping fees which you must not be willing to pay.
frown.gif

I'm telling you this just because this BACKWARDS exchange is out of our replacement policy, so we cannot pay the going part of that shipping.
Hope you can understand our situation.
More important, please describe what your previous HE400 looks like in order to make a CORRECT replacement for you. More details, much better.
Regards,
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #110 of 856
Quote:

It'll probably be HE-600 before HE-7.

Actually they may very well phase out HE-# (single digit) series completely in the future, as their technology refinement improves and they could make much more sensitive drivers that are also refined and accurate.

That does make sense!! Thanks, bro.
wink_face.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #111 of 856
Quote:
Understood, but I need to contact the boss for sure. Besides, if you are willing to exchange for the older version, you might have to pay the coming and going shipping fees which you must not be willing to pay.
frown.gif

I'm telling you this just because this BACKWARDS exchange is out of our replacement policy, so we cannot pay the going part of that shipping.
Hope you can understand our situation.
More important, please describe what your previous HE400 looks like in order to make a CORRECT replacement for you. More details, much better.
Regards,
wink.gif

You guys don't have unused white driver (older revision) HE400s in stock still? Do I have to back-exchange for the specific unit I sent to you guys or can I actually get a fresh replacement unit that's an older revision?

The reason I sent my old pair for replacement was because there was a hole on the right driver diaphragm which was there ever since I received that pair. Why would I want the defective pair back?

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #112 of 856
Quote:
Hi there,

I have also shared jerg's experience with the fatiguing/"hot" treble. It's not always bad but it truly can be piercing at times and has actually made me take the headphones off for a while just to let my ears recover. I have Beyerdynamic DT880s and despite being known for their sparkly highs, they are hardly fatiguing and I can wear them for hours at a time. I enjoy crisp treble due to the detail recovery but not when it's overdone. I have been led to believe that these headphones are balanced, but I find them sibilant and shrill at times, which saddens me because everything else about them sounds great. Please do something about this. Thank you, HiFiMAN.

-yokken

Hi dear,
Sorry for the issue our headphones currently have. We will remove the bad hissing and piercing in the following products.
Nothing is perfect, so we are just making it better and better.
Look forward to your more voice here.
Regards,

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #113 of 856
Quote:

You guys don't have unused white driver (older revision) HE400s in stock still? Do I have to back-exchange for the specific unit I sent to you guys or can I actually get a fresh replacement unit that's an older revision?

The reason I sent my old pair for replacement was because there was a hole on the right driver diaphragm which was there ever since I received that pair. Why would I want the defective pair back?

We do have some old version in stock right now, but we still need to ask the boss for help. If everything is OK, we will back exchange for you. Sound good?
Wait for my response, thanks a lot !

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #114 of 856
Quote:
We do have some old version in stock right now, but we still need to ask the boss for help. If everything is OK, we will back exchange for you. Sound good?
Wait for my response, thanks a lot !

That seems to be the best compromise right now, although I hope you have at least a few older revision HE400s in stock, as I'm sure a few others would like an exchange if possible too.

Please just make sure there is no damage on the replacement pair (especially check on the driver diaphragms), and that the channel vol balance, and impedance balance, are right. My first HE400s had impedance issues, second pair had damage on diaphragm, this (new version) third pair is just tuned wrong with the treble like we talked about, I'm really hoping this will be the very last exchange I need to do to get a satisfactory pair as I've already sunk $100 into shipping alone.

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #115 of 856
Quote:
Same here, I just received the HE-400 this afternoon and it is rather sibilant. Gets tiring after listening to it awhile. I also have the HE-300 with me right now and the trebles aren't as hot as the HE-400's. I have the Rev.3 of the HE-400 with the yellow drivers. 

I hope HiFiMan does something about this. I would love to keep the HE-400 but might end up returning it if the treble continues to annoy me. 

Sorry, sir.  I wonder what you want us to do for your Rev. 3 of the HE-400? Back exchange to Rev. 2 or something else?
Anyway, we are glad to help you out.
Regards

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #116 of 856
Quote:

That seems to be the best compromise right now, although I hope you have at least a few older revision HE400s in stock, as I'm sure a few others would like an exchange if possible too.

Please just make sure there is no damage on the replacement pair (especially check on the driver diaphragms), and that the channel vol balance, and impedance balance, are right. My first HE400s had impedance issues, second pair had damage on diaphragm, this (new version) third pair is just tuned wrong with the treble like we talked about, I'm really hoping this will be the very last exchange I need to do to get a satisfactory pair as I've already sunk $100 into shipping alone.

No problem, dude. We gonna deal with it ASAP for you, alright?
wink.gif

Regards,

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #117 of 856
Quote:
No problem, dude. We gonna deal with it ASAP for you, alright?
wink.gif

Regards,

Great! I'll PM you my Head-direct account name just so when I return the current pair you guys will know it's me.

Will I be able to send these back for back-exchange for a fresh pair of rev2 HE400s now, or do you have to hear back from the boss first?

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #118 of 856
What is the story with the he-600? I see no information on the website or anywhere else. Can someone provide a link?

thanks...

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #119 of 856
Quote:

Great! I'll PM you my Head-direct account name just so when I return the current pair you guys will know it's me.

Will I be able to send these back for back-exchange for a fresh pair of rev2 HE400s now, or do you have to hear back from the boss first?

Hey, dude. I need to talk with my boss first, and contact you via email maybe three days after. I will not forget this thing, I promise. You can email us at head.direct.customerservice@gmail.com to show your account name and invoice.
Then, I will make a backward replacement for you. Sounds good?
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #120 of 856
Quote:
What is the story with the he-600? I see no information on the website or anywhere else. Can someone provide a link?

thanks...

Hi dear,
Recently, there's no any clue that we gonna make the HE-600. But we will do in the future.
Thanks for your inquiry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back