HE-500 and........?
Aug 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #61 of 63
Can't call myself an expert, but do have the he500 and the lyr, and it always puts a smile on my face when I listen.  I did replace the stock tubes...um, totally forgot what they are!  But even before that, happy.  Just part of the fun to roll...did same with my Qinpu.

Definitely is loud enough that the s.o. will come in and say, dang, why is that so loud.  So have to be careful.  I will soon have a Wyred dac-2 to add to the mix, but don't know that it's relevant to this discussion.  Keep eyes open for a used lyr, bottom line.

I'm coming from hd-600, and beyerdynamic dt-990, if that helps.  Like the the sound very much.

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #62 of 63
I am surprised nobody mentioned the HE 500 with the Audio gd C2.2. Wonderful combination and the 2.2 drives 3 watts into 50ohms. I have that combination with the Audio gd Earth  fet op amps and it sounds very nice indeed. I also have a tube amp I use for my T1's, but with the HE 500 the Audio gd is a better match. really excellent detailed sweet and fluid sound from the C2.2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back