HE-5..initial musings
Dec 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #526 of 1,668
EMS Tracking finally has some detail for my pair. It says as of today, they are in Shanghai. Less than I had hoped, but if higher end headphone gear has taught me anything, it is a zen-like patience.
smile.gif

A_Sr.

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #527 of 1,668
^that is what mine just popped up with as well.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #531 of 1,668
I received e-mail notice that my order shipped on Dec 1st using USPS express mail from Shanghai. But when I click on the tracking link provided in that e-mail notice, I get a message stating "There is no record of this item". Has anyone else had this issue?

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #533 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received e-mail notice that my order shipped on Dec 1st using USPS express mail from Shanghai. But when I click on the tracking link provided in that e-mail notice, I get a message stating "There is no record of this item". Has anyone else had this issue?

have you tried entering the tracking number in the "Online tracking" section ? The EMS website is not always the most reliable: sometime it tells me "error" or "There is no record of this item" and a couple of attempts later, it all works perfectly.
Anyway, the HE-5 are well worth the wait and I still prefer EMS to UPS/FEDEX; no crazy brokerage fees..

Dec 4, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #534 of 1,668
My shipping e-mail notification says that my headphones are shipping via USPS Express mail, not EMS. So how can I use the USPS tracking number on the EMS website? Here is a copy of the notification:

Hello Steven,

Great news! Your order has shipped, and should arrive soon. Your credit card has successfully been charged for this order. Track USPS package #EE XXXXXXXXXCN express mail from shanghai.

I blanked out the actual tracking number for security. When I click on the track package link, I get a response saying "no record of this item". Anyone else get this?

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #535 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by shotmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you tried entering the tracking number in the "Online tracking" section ? The EMS website is not always the most reliable: sometime it tells me "error" or "There is no record of this item" and a couple of attempts later, it all works perfectly.
Anyway, the HE-5 are well worth the wait and I still prefer EMS to UPS/FEDEX; no crazy brokerage fees..

Thanks shotmaker,
I just tried the USPS tracking number on the EMS site and it worked!!! The link on e-mail notification never worked. It appears that my headphones just got dispatched from the sorting center in Shanghai 4 days after my initial shipping notification. At this rate, I may get it for Christmas. Atleast I can see that the package is moving now.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #536 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it should get to you sometime next week - Fang said he was shipping them out on Tuesday and that they would take 5-7 business days from then to arrive

More likely 5-7 business days to reach the plane in Shanghai. I would assume about a month before we would have them in our hands.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #537 of 1,668
^That isn't my experience with EMS. Everything in the past has been inside of two weeks and some about 5 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back