HE-5..initial musings
Oct 30, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #122 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can the stock cable be reterminated to 4-pin XLR (is it 4 wire)?

Yes, and apparently the manufacturer is going to offer a cable to address this frequent request.

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #123 of 1,668
Any loan program soon....
smile_phones.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #124 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any loan program soon....
smile_phones.gif

Where are you living? I imagine that a mini-meet might have an offering for you to digest.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #126 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it is safe to assume that the Pico will be unable to drive this beast?

It might like to go for walks!

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #128 of 1,668
How about a Millett Hybrid Max or Mini max, can these hybrid overachievers drive this beast?

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #129 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by reorx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about a Millett Hybrid Max or Mini max, can these hybrid overachievers drive this beast?

I wouldn't hold my breath. I believe one of the owners tried it with the Millett Hybrid Max and reported lack of bass on another site.

Oct 30, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #130 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by reorx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is a bunch of variables involved of Music type and listening level. But Fang demoed the HE-5 with the EF-1 (Hybrid), and it played but I didn't push above a roar and it was a show conditioned listen (not long).

I was told by another member that Fang is soon to announce the EF-5 (to match the HE-5) and claims a symbiotic mating.

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #132 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so they sounded better balanced ?

Soon as I get the phones and cable back from Apuresound I will let folks know. And the reports from others are going to pop up on the Radar when they get their's also. Some folks (Thinker) have taken the initiative and stripped the supplied cable and run them straight from home amps (Krell no less)!!!

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #134 of 1,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by thinker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Balanced definitely yes, it opened up the whole thing you get the full soundpicture much wider in every direction than unbalanced.I get now a soundstage wich is completely
outside the phone and it reminds to listen to my speakers thats why i mentioned not to get headstage.Somekind of forwardness in the middrange was gone and everything
fits now together-a compliteness-this is rare.I dont find the small faults of Skylabs review so i think he needs more power and go balanced

Good Job Thinker! You know when listening to that phone that something really special is hiding just below the surface. Thanks for digging that out and bringing it up for us to look at and examine. I need my cables!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back