HE-400 + Lyr vs LCD-2 Rev. 2?
Oct 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:
I'll vote for used lyr and he400 and odac= $350+360+150=$860 
cool.gif

Too bad the math on my end doesn't look like that >_>

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:
How much better is the soundstage of the 400 compared to the LCD-2? 

I'd have to say it's very slightly wider, and more importantly - much more "open"-sounding (not related to size of soundstage, but the shift from a headphone-ish to a speaker-like projection of sound).

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
Ah okay. How about 400 harmonics vs LCD-2 harmonics? Don't know if harmonics is the right word, so in other words the richness of chords and harmonies?

LCD2 is a slightly lusher and more cohesive midrange, HE400 a more laid-back layered presentation. If you want richness then the Audezes would be a better fit, just note that it's fairly more crammed together presentation compared to the Hifimans.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #23 of 30
Not exactly. When me and my friends sing a chord or we play a chord with our brass instruments, there's this certain type of feeling it gives off when we are all in tune. A warmness maybe? 
And when I listen to music with vocal groups singing harmonies, that warm feeling isn't really there even though they are in tune; they sound separated. But maybe it's because all I have is an ATH-M50 to isten to.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #25 of 30
Well an example is when there is a three part chord, a nice warm sound/tone is created. That warm sound comes from those three notes in the chord being in tune with each other. And because those three notes are in tune, they resonate in a way to create even more pitches around the regular three notes. Even though those added pitches are subtle, it's there and that's where that warm sound is coming from.
That's the best explanation I can give, don't know how else to explain it.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:
Well an example is when there is a three part chord, a nice warm sound/tone is created. That warm sound comes from those three notes in the chord being in tune with each other. And because those three notes are in tune, they resonate in a way to create even more pitches around the regular three notes. Even though those added pitches are subtle, it's there and that's where that warm sound is coming from.
That's the best explanation I can give, don't know how else to explain it.

harmonics

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #27 of 30
Okay, that's what i said earlier but wasn't too sure if that's what you guys would call it. Do you know if the HE-400 can create the nice harmonic sound or does that all depend on the song and if they recorded it on one mic or separately? 

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:
Okay, that's what i said earlier but wasn't too sure if that's what you guys would call it. Do you know if the HE-400 can create the nice harmonic sound or does that all depend on the song and if they recorded it on one mic or separately? 

Again, LCD2 has a more cohesive sound while HE400s are more layered, so neither is bad for presenting harmonics - you either get a cohesive presentation of it (three notes mesh into each other) or a separated distinct presentation (three notes are separated and layered between each-other).

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #30 of 30

Again, LCD2 has a more cohesive sound while HE400s are more layered, so neither is bad for presenting harmonics - you either get a cohesive presentation of it (three notes mesh into each other) or a separated distinct presentation (three notes are separated and layered between each-other).

I have a Grado RS1i. Would  one of these guys be a better contrast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back