HD800 vs T1 vs RS1i vs D7000: Help!
Jul 28, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 55
Beyerdynamic T1 because they are the best amongst the four. Denon AH-D7000 as the second choice. Maybe their bass is bigger than Beyer's but not of equal quality and extension. The HD800 have better bass as well. With the Meier Audio amp you have this advantage to switch the output impedance to 120 ohms which makes the T1 sound significantly better with solid state amps, especially those of "zero" output impedance.

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #17 of 55
I own both the T1 and the D7000 but I do not watch movies with the cans. If I did I would use the D7000 because of 3D sound with explosive bass. For music the T1 is the most transparent can I have heard to date and can play all types of music. I guess you will just have to have both the T1 and the D7000. If your choice was the movies more  the Denon will make you very happy.

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #18 of 55

Quote:
They have Zeppelin up in Canada?  wow, cool [hides]

no, really canada is pretty awesome I'd love to do more than just drive through some time.  I'm gonna check on that music

Weren't many the greatest rock bands (like Zeppelin) British?

We do share the same Queen.
wink_face.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #19 of 55
How come no one mentioned the Audeze LCD-2 Orthos, soundstage to rival the HD800 and the bass to challenge the LA7000 and even rivals the vocals of the T1. Now that is something. Skylab has given a very detailed review of this headphone with the Concerto, and it's thumbs up.
L3000.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #20 of 55
From your preferences,I would get D7000 or maybe DT990 600ohm.
You should ignore HD800,RS1i and probably T1 as well.

Quote:
Music preferences vary (but like well defined bass), Funk, Hip Hop, Bass tunes etc. For this the D2000 have been fun so far out of the soundcard, easy to drive.

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #21 of 55
Quote:
How come no one mentioned the Audeze LCD-2 Orthos, soundstage to rival the HD800 and the bass to challenge the LA7000 and even rivals the vocals of the T1. Now that is something. Skylab has given a very detailed review of this headphone with the Concerto, and it's thumbs up.
L3000.gif

Probably because it's not one of the options in his poll and isn't considering them?  Besides, their soundstage really does not rival the HD800.

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #22 of 55

Quote:
Quote:

Probably because it's not one of the options in his poll and isn't considering them?  Besides, their soundstage really does not rival the HD800.

That and only about 50 people have ever heard the LCD2.

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #24 of 55
I don't think that model Grado belongs in the company of the other three...and no one has yet voted for it, probably as a result.

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #25 of 55

Quote:
I don't think that model Grado belongs in the company of the other three...and no one has yet voted for it, probably as a result.

some folks didn't like the gs1000 or ps1000, making the RS1 still "their" flagship.
but i agree.  it's not in the same class as the other options for sure...

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #26 of 55

Quote:
L3000.gif

Yea I heard the LCD-2 at a local meet a few weeks ago and I didn't feel like it was even close to the HD800's sound stage.  I'm not sure how that even came up but everyone has different ears. 

Anyways, I think I'd enjoy the T1 as my everyday can if I had a high end setup to do it justice but I prefer the D7000's more right now because I can enjoy the music without having to worry about that. 

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #27 of 55
I have the D2000 right now, and to be honest after some close analyzing, I have come to the conclusion that many others have said. It has flabby bass, bloated, undefined. At first I was wowed by the amount of bass, but now after some careful scrutinization and some hours on them I can safely say I understand that concept with the Denon's.

Just like when I used to have my first cheap subwoofer with flabby but loud bass, then purchased an SVS and was like OK there is some really well defined crisp bass. Sorry Denon, but I'm moving on.

I have read the D7000 improves on it a little, but I am not taking the chance of redundant purchased, I need tight well defined like my old SVS. Impossible to get that same effect with headphones, I know, but well defined at least.

Going to Audition a set of HD800's in the city soon, with the inner ring mod, it may be just enough bass. Tight and well defined.

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #28 of 55

Quote:
Yea I heard the LCD-2 at a local meet a few weeks ago and I didn't feel like it was even close to the HD800's sound stage. 

Yeah, I read that just now from some other side by side comparison's from Headfier's. There is a really easy and definitely not dangerous modification to the HD800's to bring the bass a bit more forward (Velvet on the inner ring). The mod may just be what I am looking for.

Going to audition a set in the city when my Amp has arrived, definitely not going to buy them without listening to them first. But the airy soundstage is really appealing to me right now. Can't wait for the audition.

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #29 of 55
If you want tight and precisely defined bass, take a route with the Grado PS1000. It's tighter than Beyerdynamic's. I know the AH-D7000 only among Denon's but I consider their bass quality nothing more than average, I even prefer the one from the AKG K 701. I also see no reason to buy the HD800 for modification purposes whilst you can own a stock product which is better overall. I mean Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado PS1000.

Jul 30, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #30 of 55
I want the HUGE soundstage of the HD800 (but with BASS). The T1's don't compare in that regard. Plus the comfort factor is also a big consideration, something the T1's are not so good for. (As I have not auditioned them yet I still reserve my final thoughts).

Edit:

I can get the HD800 for $980 delivered oversea's.

PS1000 $1695 + shipping.

Almost double
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back