HDMan

100+ Head-Fier
HD800 vs T1 vs RS1i vs D7000:

Source: Bluray/Soundcard Asus HDAV1.3
Amp: Corda Concerto

Genre: 50% Music / 50% Movies

Can't decied which one to get.

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 55
Hilarious...you just named all four headphones that I happen to own!
tongue_smile.gif

Your amp should do very well powering all four.

What type of music do you listen to?

For example, I listen to 60% rock/metal, 30% jazz, and 10% classical/Macedonian folk

For me the T1s are the best all rounders and slightly edge out the HD800s for tops.

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 55

Quote:
what's Macedonian Folk?  Sounds cool

Just old school Macedonian music...You can check out samples on iTunes (they have everything). I grew up listening to my dad playing his records from the old country and they kinda stuck; even though I was born in Canada and listened to Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc...

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 55

Quote:
Just old school Macedonian music...You can check out samples on iTunes (they have everything). I grew up listening to my dad playing his records from the old country and they kinda stuck; even though I was born in Canada and listened to Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc...

They have Zeppelin up in Canada?  wow, cool [hides]

no, really canada is pretty awesome I'd love to do more than just drive through some time.  I'm gonna check on that music

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #9 of 55
I own 3 of those 4 headphones and I agree with macedonian on the fact that you need to state your musical preferences.

I listen to mostly bass heavy music (dnb, hip hop, trance, downtempo) so I would definitely choose the D7000 over the other choices.  I also like how the D7000 does with movies as it's easily the most impactful of the bunch.

Also you have a really nice amp that will drive all of those headphones well.

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #12 of 55
I read in the reviews about the HD800, that it has unsurpassed imaging and soundstage, probably the most important for movies.

Forgot to mention I already own the D2000, but still waiting for the Concerto (in transit).

Music preferences vary (but like well defined bass), Funk, Hip Hop, Bass tunes etc. For this the D2000 have been fun so far out of the soundcard, easy to drive.

Beyer T1's on top so far, HD800 not so popular?

It sounds like a case of:

Open design = Sounstage
Closed design = Bass impact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back