HD800 and T1 musings...
Oct 6, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #946 of 1,024
What serial number are your good ones?

Sadly I don't think it's a serial number range...more luck of the draw. 
frown.gif
  I had the first pair sold in Canada (S/N 11XX) and they were of the "good" variety and not the thin/bright sounding type.

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #948 of 1,024

Wow, so amazed to know there are two versions of t1s. I got mine for like a year ago and I got absolutely no idea which version I have; however, I really enjoy the headphones with my A1 amp. 

I don't think both version were "intended" by beyer. 
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #949 of 1,024
The plot is even more curious as I have had my T1's for nearly two years and I decided to replace the ear pads with official Beyer pads. I ordered from an authorized dealer the exact pads recommended on the Beyer site as replacement. Once they arrived and I installed them I quickly realized that they were not exactly the same, although seemingly very similar, to the original pads. The ear opening is smaller. They also sound warmer in the mids and have a sense of more bass. I like the sound very much but I am extremely curious about the change. I have large ears and these barely fit over my ears without feeling like ear muffs. Yes, I verified that I got what I ordered and that they are the right part number. I put the original pads back on for a few hours just to verify that I was not imagining things. The difference in the ear opening is obvious. Just for the record, the old original pads sounded very nice not thin or bright but the new pads are clearly warmer sounding in the mids.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #950 of 1,024
  The plot is even more curious as I have had my T1's for nearly two years and I decided to replace the ear pads with official Beyer pads. I ordered from an authorized dealer the exact pads recommended on the Beyer site as replacement. Once they arrived and I installed them I quickly realized that they were not exactly the same, although seemingly very similar, to the original pads. The ear opening is smaller. They also sound warmer in the mids and have a sense of more bass. I like the sound very much but I am extremely curious about the change. I have large ears and these barely fit over my ears without feeling like ear muffs. Yes, I verified that I got what I ordered and that they are the right part number. I put the original pads back on for a few hours just to verify that I was not imagining things. The difference in the ear opening is obvious. Just for the record, the old original pads sounded very nice not thin or bright but the new pads are clearly warmer sounding in the mids.

Nice info. So you're saying that the change of sound is from the ear pads. I didn't get a change to replace that but I kinda want my t1s sound warmer. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #951 of 1,024

Nice info. So you're saying that the change of sound is from the ear pads. I didn't get a change to replace that but I kinda want my t1s sound warmer. 
rolleyes.gif

Yes, in my case the change in sound was from the ear pads. Not a shock really as you find people all over the forum reporting changes in sound with different ear pads on different headphones. I was just expecting an exact replacement to the original but that is not what I got. The part number was printed on the package from Beyer so I know I got the recommended part. I am mostly surprised by the difference in the size of the ear cup opening. It is a small difference but in my case significant.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #954 of 1,024
Audeze pads really improved my T1 significantly. The biggest improvement : more comfortable, More bass punch, reduced treble peak, smoother and no more hot treble .
I tried every mod for my T1. this one is simply the best .
another mod :

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #955 of 1,024
Great review.  just what I needed as I am on the fence if I should get the HD800 or T1.  from the impression I get the T1 bass has a little more impact, that makes them more suitable for metal?
I really love tight and impactful bass, with punch.   Would you say the T1 is better for me?   

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #956 of 1,024
  Great review.  just what I needed as I am on the fence if I should get the HD800 or T1.  from the impression I get the T1 bass has a little more impact, that makes them more suitable for metal?
I really love tight and impactful bass, with punch.   Would you say the T1 is better for me?   

If you can stand the treble, the T1 is definitely what you look for . The overall sound of the HD800 is too diffuse for Metal IMO but it's largely a matter of tastes. 

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #957 of 1,024

The T1's do not have more impactful bass or more punch than the HD800's. Also no headphone I have heard has a tighter bass than the HD800's.

All IMO having both side by side.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #958 of 1,024

If you can stand the treble, the T1 is definitely what you look for . The overall sound of the HD800 is too diffuse for Metal IMO but it's largely a matter of tastes. 

Treble is not an issue as I am a Grado fanatic and used to bright presentation.  But what you're saying is that the T1 DO have more treble sparkle than the HD800?  it's confusing because some say just the opposite.. 
If I will get the HD800 it will be from a local seller, But the T1 I can not audition unfortunately.    

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #959 of 1,024
  Treble is not an issue as I am a Grado fanatic and used to bright presentation.  But what you're saying is that the T1 DO have more treble sparkle than the HD800?  it's confusing because some say just the opposite.. 
If I will get the HD800 it will be from a local seller, But the T1 I can not audition unfortunately.    

Both headphones have treble sparkle. it's not the same. that's all. I wrote a full review a few month ago : http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-tesla-t1/reviews/11551 . I owned the T1 during 3 month last summer and I must recognize it's a darn good heaphone. I just can't like it but for Rock & Metal I'm convinced it's a better choice than the HD800 due mainly to its more compact and energetic way to present the music. 

Fortunately , Rock and Metal are not my favorite genre so I much prefer the HD800
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #960 of 1,024

Both headphones have treble sparkle. it's not the same. that's all. I wrote a full review a few month ago : http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-tesla-t1/reviews/11551 . I owned the T1 during 3 month last summer and I must recognize it's a darn good heaphone. I just can't like it but for Rock & Metal I'm convinced it's a better choice than the HD800 due mainly to its more compact and energetic way to present the music. 

Fortunately , Rock and Metal are not my favorite genre so I much prefer the HD800
biggrin.gif

Thx, I read your review, it is very good.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back