HD800 and T1 musings...
Sep 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #601 of 1,024
The K1000 are so unique that I feel I can own those no matter which other headphones I have. That being said, I think they fall short on some technical aspects compared to the heavy-hitters these days.

Anyways, this thread is about the HD800s and T1s, both great cans...but the (recabled) HD800s take my vote as the best of all current high-end headphones (excluding the super-expensive cans like the 009, O2, R10, etc.)

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #602 of 1,024

Quote:
Anyways, this thread is about the HD800s and T1s, both great cans...but the (recabled) HD800s take my vote as the best of all current high-end headphones (excluding the super-expensive cans like the 009, O2, R10, etc.)

I agree. After a few wobbles, I'm sticking with mine for the long term. Best overall balance of virtues, from sonics to ergonomics, on the market at the moment I think, though it'll be interesting to see what the next series from Audeze and others brings.

o

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #603 of 1,024
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying one these 2 headphones next week (or whenever the Meier Corda Classic gets released) and was wondering which of these you would recommend. I've listened to the T1's but not the HD800s. I usually listen to fast-medium paced electronic music. I want an insane amount of detail as well as being very musical. I have heard that the HD800 has this detail but not sure if its very musical. At this time I have a Shure SRH840 I love it, but sometimes find it too analytical, so I don't really enjoy the music as much as analyze it. This will be my only pair of high end headphones for at least a year, as I am focusing my time into building the ultimate speaker rig. I am 100% going to buy the Corda Classic + StageDac when it gets released, as well as one of these pairs. I am currently leaning towards the T1, as I've heard it and quite enjoyed it. I just do not want to be feeling what if I made the wrong decision, any opinions on which ones? Everything I listen to is mostly instrumental, but is not bass heavy, so I don't really even care about bass that much its more in transparency and detail. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #605 of 1,024
I am the other way around. I own both and both are recabled wit the Zeus cable. Based on my taste I prefer the HD800. To me they have a more relaxed presentation but without loosing anyting in detail. Both are excellent but for your Electronic music I would probably go with the T1.

I personally do not like the sound and soundstage presentation of the T1 with the stock cable so I would recomment a recable job with a high quality OCC Copper cable.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #606 of 1,024
i had the hd800 with a twag v2 cable and i have the t1 also recabled.  i feel like the hd800 was superb with some genres.  i really miss the hd800.  i wish i had enough money to have both the hd800 and t1. i think technically speaking the hd800 is better than the t1. comfort is also better with the hd800.  but overall, the t1 is a better all-arounder and that is why i settled on it.  if i were going to buy another 1000+ headphone, even with the new stuff from audeze (used to own the lcd2), id get the hd800.  

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #607 of 1,024
I found the T1 to be more musical than the HD800, with a more realistic soundstage, better bass quantity and smoother treble. In reality, though, they're both amazing cans.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #608 of 1,024

Swatcsi, skip these T1, go for HD800... T1 are highly overpriced in my opinion. If we put together T1 vs HD800, based on pure sound performance (extension, imaging, neutrality), those T1 sound like 700$ phones, and HD800's are still over 1000$ sounding phones. Go for HD800. And if you fill lacking energy on Bass heavy music, get some extra planar beasts. Nothing more needed...

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #609 of 1,024
When I compare the T1 and HD800 side by side, I prefer the HD800 by a large margin. Coming from DT880, the T1 doesn't provide much improvement over it and the DT880 will be the only thing I will ever buy from Beyerdynamic. The HD800 on the other hand beats the crap out of the DT880 through its massive soundstage and imaging. Just my $0.02.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #611 of 1,024
the T1 have an incredibly realistic soundstage (for a headphone that is) and some intonation problems with voices, which sound a tad "outer-bodily" to me. I suspect neither of these pros and cons matters a lot for electronica.

I have never owned the HD800, but I had the opportunity to listen to both side by side on my rig and others, and I found them more similar than most people seem to: fast, detailed, but not the last word in musicality.

One last consideration: after buying the HE500 (which I find superior to the T1s in every aspect except soundstage),  I was tempted to sell my T1. What convinced me to keep them is that , when paired with the Corda Opera I own, the T1s sound just perfect with instrumental music, piano in particular.
I wonder if Dr Meier voiced the Corda using the T1s. Listening to this combo as I type this...

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #612 of 1,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see you have an HE-6 as well. In what way do you find the HD800 to be better than the HE-6? I think the HD800 are better in terms of soundstage and imaging, but in most other areas the HE-6 are somewhat better, and if I had to keep only one of them, I would keep the HE-6 - I find them more pleasurable to listen to.

I like the T1 as well, but, again, I find the HE-6 to be somewhat better overall.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #613 of 1,024
Thank you all for your replies. From my understanding the HD800's would be the better headphone. But for my genre of music, I personally think I am going to go with the T1, as I think it will be better suited. As well, it is the only one I am able to audition.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #614 of 1,024

Quote:
I found the T1 to be more musical than the HD800, with a more realistic soundstage, better bass quantity and smoother treble. In reality, though, they're both amazing cans.

Agreed.

Quote:
When I compare the T1 and HD800 side by side, I prefer the HD800 by a large margin. Coming from DT880, the T1 doesn't provide much improvement over it and the DT880 will be the only thing I will ever buy from Beyerdynamic. The HD800 on the other hand beats the crap out of the DT880 through its massive soundstage and imaging. Just my $0.02.

What amp are you using to drive the T1s?

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #615 of 1,024
Now, after doing even more research I am getting a bit confused. For those who have experience with the Concerto as the amp, which of these did you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back