HD800 and T1 musings...
Feb 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #573 of 1,024
My HD800 will arrive today and the excitement is building as I eagerly await the comparison between the HE6 and LCD2 and the HD800. Unfortunately I will only keep two or will I be unable to sell off one.  Looking forward to today,

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #574 of 1,024

Quote:
My HD800 will arrive today and the excitement is building as I eagerly await the comparison between the HE6 and LCD2 and the HD800. Unfortunately I will only keep two or will I be unable to sell off one.  Looking forward to today,

That must feel good :)
Definitely give the comparison some time. Hasty decisions usually end in regret.

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #575 of 1,024

Quote:
Quote:

Definitely give the comparison some time. Hasty decisions usually end in regret.

I agree, I have been listening to the HD800 and will see where this all ends up with some time on all three. The HD800 is starting to grow on me a little but not ready to decide if it stays or goes yet.

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #576 of 1,024

Quote:
Quote:

Did you get another pair yet? I know you were not sold on the hE6. The biggest advantage I can see with the HD800 is comfort. It is light and by far the most comfortable can I have. I also let them run all night on my source headamp. Time will tell if I can live with the treble.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #577 of 1,024

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Did you get another pair yet? I know you were not sold on the hE6. The biggest advantage I can see with the HD800 is comfort. It is light and by far the most comfortable can I have. I also let them run all night on my source headamp. Time will tell if I can live with the treble.

Hey Frank. I definitely will down the road. I'm experimenting right now with my setup and also taking a mini-break because I don't have much time these days.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #578 of 1,024
^^^
Wait till you go to Medical School and residency then your life really has no time. I know Doc in residency working 80 hrs or more a week and exhaustion is a term that comes to mind. Looks like I now have all three reference cans for a bit

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #579 of 1,024

Quote:
^^^
Wait till you go to Medical School and residency then your life really has no time. I know Doc in residency working 80 hrs or more a week and exhaustion is a term that comes to mind. Looks like I now have all three reference cans for a bit

Haha you bet. Maybe I should be trying to make more time now.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #581 of 1,024

Quote:
^^^

Quote:
Quote:
^^^

Congrats Shahrose on getting in! It will definitely pay off in the end when you buy your first pair of Wilson speakers and a pair of Sony R-10s to boot.
smile.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #582 of 1,024

Quote:
Quote:
^^^

Quote:
Quote:
^^^

Congrats Shahrose on getting in! It will definitely pay off in the end when you buy your first pair of Wilson speakers and a pair of Sony R-10s to boot.
smile.gif

with managed and mational health care docs dont make the coin they used too

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #583 of 1,024
I can see why many would like the HD800. It is the most expansive and biggest soundstage of all my cans. There is plenty of air and space and I can hear the venue clearly with a neutral and balanced presentation. Today I have not been annoyed by any treble issue as I was yesterday out of the box. They now have 25 hrs because of leaving burn in all night and I will continue to do so. The transparency is slightly behind the orthos but it is there just not as good. The detail I hear is excellent but still a tad behind the orthos because of the increased transparency and more real feeling that the both planar headphones present. I do really like the sound stage and more important the comfort. These are cans you wear and forget they are on while the others my neck and shoulder let me know what I am listening too. I will find a place for the HD800 in my stable and do enjoy what they do well.

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #584 of 1,024

Quote:
I can see why many would like the HD800. It is the most expansive and biggest soundstage of all my cans. There is plenty of air and space and I can hear the venue clearly with a neutral and balanced presentation. Today I have not been annoyed by any treble issue as I was yesterday out of the box. They now have 25 hrs because of leaving burn in all night and I will continue to do so. The transparency is slightly behind the orthos but it is there just not as good. The detail I hear is excellent but still a tad behind the orthos because of the increased transparency and more real feeling that the both planar headphones present. I do really like the sound stage and more important the comfort. These are cans you wear and forget they are on while the others my neck and shoulder let me know what I am listening too. I will find a place for the HD800 in my stable and do enjoy what they do well.

Nice thoughts Frank. I'm glad they are growing on you. While I prefer the LCD-2s by a small margin, the HD800s share a very special place in my stable too.
smile.gif

I found the first major burn in change occurred at around 50 or so hours and after 100 hours they really settled in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back