HD600 or HD650
Oct 6, 2010 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

CTTwist

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I am in dilemma in choosing between these two choices..There are so many different opinions by others on these HD600 and HD650..By the way, I have a Ibasso D4 amp.

Please feel free to drop me any opinions or suggestions.Do suggest me few choices of amp which can be paired well with these headphones.Thank in advance..

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 55
HD650, but I might be biased.

Slightly.

Ok, Maybe a little more than slightly.

Fine, fine fine. I'm pretty damn biased. Happy now?

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 55
From what I've read:

HD650: More impact in the low end. Slightly warmer midrange and less soundtage.
HD600: Wider soundstage, slightly more treble emphasis with less bass. 

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #8 of 55
Quote:
From what I've read:

HD650: More impact in the low end. Slightly warmer midrange and less soundtage.
HD600: Wider soundstage, slightly more treble emphasis with less bass. 

vs.
Quote:
HD600 are more neutral sounding, the HD650 are a little warmer/bassier.

the headfi recommendation problem in a nutshell!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 55
From what I've read, the SRH840 (my SRH750DJ's are far from neutral) are similar to the HD600 in sound signature. Ofcourse, the HD600 will have a bigger soundstage etc.
The HD600 does have a little rolled-off highs, but in a good way. I can listen to them for hours without any fatigue, and they are still very crisp and detailled in the highs. Some people find the SRH840's a little shrill sometimes.

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #10 of 55
The HD600 are more neutral and transparent, the HD650 are warmer and colored to sound more pleasant but not everybody likes this kind of addition to the signal. I mostly don't so the HD650 are interesting for me in the narrow range of music genres. On the other hand, the HD600 in unmatched setup might bet too offensive or unpleasant. The best is to know both and decide.
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #11 of 55

Quote:
The HD600 are more neutral and transparent, the HD650 are warmer and colored to sound more pleasant but not everybody likes this kind of addition to the signal. I mostly don't so the HD650 are interesting for me in the narrow range of music genres. On the other hand, the HD600 in unmatched setup might bet too offensive or unpleasant. The best is to know both and decide.
wink.gif

Is it possible that you explain on 'warmer and colored to sound more pleasant'?
Which type of narrow range of music genres did you mean?

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #12 of 55
For the D4 I would go with the HD600, as it is a bit easier to drive. As far as the bass goes the 600 extends just as deep but does not have the lower midrange emphasis that makes the 650 warm and a bit darker sounding. Likewise the HD650 extends just as high as the 600 but seems veiled to some because of that lower mid emphasis. That's my take, I have owned both of them twice and still enjoy the HD600. The HD600 is quite a bit more durable as well, as the carbon fiber headband doesn't chip like the 650's painted band which is notorious for it.

Having said all that people usually prefer one or the other and it is really personal preference, and your individual HRTF.

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #13 of 55
I listen to wide range of music genres, ranging from instrumental, classical, pop, jazz and some rock songs, but not those heavy rock and heavy metal. I dont quite like the sound signature of Shure's, I would prefer something which can deliver balanced sound but good bass (not too bass light and not too bassy). Which model suits me better in these kinds of preferences?

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #14 of 55

Quote:
For the D4 I would go with the HD600, as it is a bit easier to drive. As far as the bass goes the 600 extends just as deep but does not have the lower midrange emphasis that makes the 650 warm and a bit darker sounding. Likewise the HD650 extends just as high as the 600 but seems veiled to some because of that lower mid emphasis. That's my take, I have owned both of them twice and still enjoy the HD600. The HD600 is quite a bit more durable as well, as the carbon fiber headband doesn't chip like the 650's painted band which is notorious for it.

Having said all that people usually prefer one or the other and it is really personal preference, and your individual HRTF.

Thank for your sharing..Appreciate that..
I do hope that more people who own both HD600 and HD650 can come to give some comments here
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back