HD 600 driven by Mini 3 amp( high performance edition)???
Aug 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

superman0390

Head-Fier
Hi dudes, i just got the HD 600s, do you guys have any clue if the mini 3 amp will be able to drive the hd 600s well? I know it would be impossible to drive it to close optimal level but will it drive to  at least maybe 80% of its potential? 

thanks

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 10
No

Small amp with a highly dependent can won't work.

Go for HD598 because they don't break as easily and aren't finnicky with their amps

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Hi dudes, i just got the HD 600s, do you guys have any clue if the mini 3 amp will be able to drive the hd 600s well? I know it would be impossible to drive it to close optimal level but will it drive to  at least maybe 80% of its potential? 

thanks

^what is your price range, I'm probably trying to do the same as you...I posted a thread recently on this subject, about it update it.

I don't know that the high-performance version would gain you anything over the xtended runtime version...HD600's are 300ohm cans, and the specs on either version show same kind of low output levels of only 30mw:

http://www.amb.org/audio/mini3/specs.html

Quote:
[size=smaller]Power output[/size] [size=smaller]300mWrms into 33Ω
30mWrms into 330Ω[/size]
[size=smaller]180mWrms into 33Ω
30mWrms into 330Ω[/size]

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Sorry, don't understand what that means?

HD600 are Highly dependent cans (Highly means a lot, dependent mean they need something without losing it, can is a derived following of headphone)

Aug 5, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 10
I've tried the the e9 and the mini3 on hd 600s and 650s. The e9 works better but like a poster above mentioned, they are far from portable. To answer the op's question, yes the mini3 will drive the 600s decently but not to it's full potential. Still they sounded pretty good to me. If you MUST use a portable then the mini3 works as well as any. The 650s also seem harder to drive in my opinion, whereas the 600 seem to work better on the mini3.

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
^E9's are portable???

If you're trying to prove a point: Don't see anywhere in OP's post that suggests he wants something portable.  Contrary to your point, he/she would be using it for the HD600 which isn't a headphone synonymous with portable gear.

If a genuine question: the E9 isn't designed to be portable, although it's not that cumbersome that you can take it to your temporary residence (e.g. on holiday) quite easily.  You can't walk around town with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back