HD 555 for gaming
Sep 10, 2011 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xXxJeremy71xXx

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm looking to find some good headphones for gaming (360) and was wondering if you guys could help. I want to find a headphone that works well with the Astro MixAmp. At first I was looking at the HD 598 but since I live in Canada the prices are way roo high for me. I was looking for a headphone that`s $150 max.  I also heard that the HD 595 are pretty good for gaming so I thought that I might as well save money and get the HD 555 and just do the mod for it.

The only other pair of headphones I have tried are the Shure SRH-440 so that`s my only reference point. This headphone would also be occasionally used for music and movies.

Anyway thanks in advance you guys!

And this is my first thread post! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 5
Out of all my headphones my HD 555 are my fav for gaming. I never play Call of Duty w/o them. And if you're wondering what headphones I have tried for gaming: HD 555, Denon D2000, Ultrasone Pro 2500, and Hifiman HE-4.

555 sound nice and wide with good clarity; crucial for hearing footsteps. So the HD 555 are great for competitive FPS gaming. But if you want a cinematic headphone (not for competitive gaming), then you're going to want to bassier can.

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 5
 also think HD555 good for gaming, not just because good clarity but also because they are very comfy for long gaming session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back