Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #873 of 4,032
the way to go here...is not to ask if u need an amp...

just buy the HAVI..
then save up more coins,
and get an amp :p

this iem is worth getting.

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #874 of 4,032
@tamirci and @nmatheis welcome back :)

you can try different sized tips appropirate for each earcanal. There are variations in the earcanal sizes of individuals and if your size variation is high -say, a medium size for both earcanal wont fit for one of them-. But if you already tried this, there is no option other than comply tips and/or trying as many different brand/type tips as possible.

Seems like it's more of an odd angle/bend in my right ear, so I have to insert the right earpiece at a more acute angle to get a good seal. I've tried using different sizes, and it almost always pops out after a short time. Left earpiece fits straight in and stays in place well with a good seal. I think I just have a mutant right ear canal, lol.

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #875 of 4,032
the way to go here...is not to ask if u need an amp...

just buy the HAVI..
then save up more coins,
and get an amp :p

this iem is worth getting.

I think it should be fine if you're using something like DX90 or X5 with high gain. I just like adding the E12 DIY because it's fun to see what different buffer + opamp combinations sound like.

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #876 of 4,032
@pss395 your answer is related with your ear size and shape. I can put my head on pillow with B3 but smaller ears may have trouble. The only way to know is trying them...

I've got very small ears and I sleep with Havi all the time. But then again I love her :wink:

. Heeey I don't have any ears suchas you describe. Be careful with your descriptions @hisoundfi LOL! :))

Our descriptions are nonsense if you don't try yourself. On the general comfort side -they are comfortable for me-

+1, I've got comfort issues with a lot of iem' s but find the very comfortable. If you have problems with them I suggest sitting down with your tip collection and find the right ones.

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #877 of 4,032
Hey all, I appreciate all the responses. I forgot to mention that have an O2 at home, but was hoping I could use the Havi on-the-go. I also have a cMoyBB from JDSLabs, but I'm not sure if a Clip+ -> cMoyBB -> Havi would let the Havi reach its full potential. I guess I could sell the GR07 to fund the Havi and save up for a better portable rig...

Jul 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #878 of 4,032
Yeah I think I should go and check out the Havi in person then.
Btw you guy make me feel like the Havi will sound like crap plugging into the ipod shuffle gen 4 :frowning2: what a shame I only have enough money for the Havi :frowning2:

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #881 of 4,032
News Flash!

A. Using ak100 proved only subtle changes mainly due to its sound charesterics. Thus I am happy with my ipod nano 7 :) Will try ipod video in a day or two
B.  While Havi-ing :) Ain't that correct? I hope its not as its uncomfortable IMO. Running cables over my ears proved disappointing results (bass reduced) Will try with larger double flange tips tomorrow as the box is in my office.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #883 of 4,032
First casualty, wats the autopsy report?

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #885 of 4,032
should be under warranty rite..if u didnt yank out the wire :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back