Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #901 of 4,032
I m back to the jvc medium spirals...
The large spiral is surrendered to the 850, to hold the heavier iem in place.
The FAD heaven 4 tips hv Been gifted away...:)

Double flanges dun sit well in my canal...never had.
tongue.gif

Soundwise , the spirals give a less edgy midhighs...
And a more expansive bass..from memory
after 10mins of suffering on STOCKtips.
:)

Your answer only goes to prove : ".... careful what you wish for, for it might come true...!" 

Those less edgy midhighs are my prime goal - and your confirmation that spirals indeed provide those is yet another  "sorry for your wallet" moments. 

As you have both the large and madium spirals - can you please measure them, both diameter and overall height ? 

Your double flanges experience roughly describes mine as well.

Regarding tips originally provided with my Havi - I never heard them, as none would fit/seal with my ears; I *guess* this time I was spared some suffering 
wink_face.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #902 of 4,032
  I happen NOT to have good experience with more than one flange tips - but I will try these http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Replacement-DOUBLE-FLANGE-Earbud-Tips-for-Most-In-Ear-Headphone-MEDIUM-/261414370743?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3cdd82bdb7

I have seen you are using senn double flange tips pushed as far onto the nozzle of Havi, past the intended notch; I found that increasing the distance from the actual driver to the opening in the tip has detrimental effect with Havi. This is most likely cause for you to push the senn all the way as far as they would go, as otherwise the height of the double/triple flange becomes too great,  increasing the distance between the actual driver and "exhaust". I curse the day I lost one of the single flange large bore senn tips - that could also be worth investigating. I have seen them in your comprehensive survey - how do they stack against the double flanges ?

I don't push senn double flanges as far as they go. I put them the actual way where the others fit (just inside the canal of the bore). But senn double flanges are not deep tips. So from the photos you may think that I push them all the way down. I have tried that method (pushing down) on triple flange tips because they were too long. But triple flanges neither sounded good nor fitted well to my ear canals (actually they were terrible).

Senn single flange large bore tips are good also. But they don't fit and isolate well. Also double flanges sounded better. So I put the single flanges on the 3rd place:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread/105#post_10459342

Senn double flanges cheapest prices ranges from 2.60-2.99 USD (including shipping). Take attention while ordering for sizes. Some sellers may arrange different sizes upon your request.

Good luck
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #903 of 4,032

As you have both the large and madium spirals - can you please measure them, both diameter and overall height ? 

spiral medium .. havi medium

spiral large........havi large

havi large, spiral large.........havi medium, spiral medium

( sorry not to scale...n cant find a ruler in my nuclear bunker. :p )

Jul 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #906 of 4,032

spiral medium .. havi medium

spiral large........havi large

havi large, spiral large.........havi medium, spiral medium

( sorry not to scale...n cant find a ruler in my nuclear bunker. :p )

Thank you ! I will get the exact measurements once my calipers resurface - in my own post-nuclear bunker. The ratios are easy to decipher from the clear photos.

Need is the mother of all innovation - and about an hour or so ago I mounted the comply/foam tips that also came with Havi - ALL the way as it would go. It IS a tight fit indeed ( I suggest stretching the inner tube of the "Comply" overnight on some pencil or drill bit of just slightly bigger diameter than the nozzle of Havi PAST the point one usually mounts the tip ). This way, the opening of the tip nozzle is much closer to the actual driver - resulting in better sound. I did try these "Complys" once during the recording session of organ - for about 10-15 seconds. They almost completely removed the bass - but the tips were mounted to the IEM  only to the "officially prescribed" position - resulting in opening of the tip nozzle to be too far removed from the driver. 

With "Complys" mounted as described, there is normal amount of bass and the treble is slightly different, but in a good way. More after some time spent with this combo. And comfort wise, my first foray in foam/Comply is pure 
atsmile.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #909 of 4,032
Thank you ! I will get the exact measurements once my calipers resurface - in my own post-nuclear bunker. The ratios are easy to decipher from the clear photos.

Need is the mother of all innovation - and about an hour or so ago I mounted the comply/foam tips that also came with Havi - ALL the way as it would go. It IS a tight fit indeed ( I suggest stretching the inner tube of the "Comply" overnight on some pencil or drill bit of just slightly bigger diameter than the nozzle of Havi PAST the point one usually mounts the tip ). This way, the opening of the tip nozzle is much closer to the actual driver - resulting in better sound. I did try these "Complys" once during the recording session of organ - for about 10-15 seconds. They almost completely removed the bass - but the tips were mounted to the IEM  only to the "officially prescribed" position - resulting in opening of the tip nozzle to be too far removed from the driver. 

With "Complys" mounted as described, there is normal amount of bass and the treble is slightly different, but in a good way. More after some time spent with this combo. And comfort wise, my first foray in foam/Comply is pure :atsmile: . 

Unless they changed the foamies, the ones I got with my B3 Pro I were atrocious! Barely held their shape when compressed and were much less dense than real Comply tips, they lost their seal very easily. I've got Comply TS tips on now. They're much, much better than the foamies Havi included!

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #910 of 4,032
this is probably been answered but, everyone does say these require an amp, but i really don't want to hold an extra device with me when out an about. will my ipod touch 4th gen provide enough juice?

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #911 of 4,032
this is probably been answered but, everyone does say these require an amp, but i really don't want to hold an extra device with me when out an about. will my ipod touch 4th gen provide enough juice?

Dear Tom22, information regarding your player has been given by me many times in this thread. Answer to last sentence is: YES

Dear BabylonDown please shoot an email to Penonaudio and ask them because they can give correct answer. If you need faster than free shipping I think they provide other shipping options (but on an extra cost). On an extra note: many people in Europe and USA received their post betwen 6-15 days from Penon (free shipping).

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #914 of 4,032
  I have an iBasso DX50 on mid gain at 165+ or at high gain at 160+, if it helps you :) But I hear at a lower volume than most I think 

Thanks for your input, but I really have absolutely no idea on the how volume scaling works in the DX50. I am trying to find out a safe listening volume, or at least the volume at which most people are listening at. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back