Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #916 of 4,032

Omastic - I'm using 16ohm earbuds with the X3 and I max out volume on low gain and it's not ear bleeding. The B3's are higher Impedance, I believe 25ohm?

Stated as 32 ohm. But acts like 250 ohm   :/

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #917 of 4,032
Unless they changed the foamies, the ones I got with my B3 Pro I were atrocious! Barely held their shape when compressed and were much less dense than real Comply tips, they lost their seal very easily. I've got Comply TS tips on now. They're much, much better than the foamies Havi included!

Update after only < 1 day : what you say unfortunately proved true. On third insertion, I no longer could achieve anything like satisfactory seal.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #920 of 4,032
Anyone here using the B3s with Fiio X3?? If so, what volume do you use and at what gain setting?

IIRC I have to turn my x3 up to about 80 on high gain to get it loud enough. I've answered the same question in the x3 thread before so you can double check by searching there.

I don't have the B3's with me now so I can't check it.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #921 of 4,032
Okay guys this is the report from a dx90 gain 3 volume 215 regular big tips.

That volume and gain 3 resulted in a semi high volume! I can't believe how hungry is this hp!!!
But nevertheless I am hearing new details every minute from the songs I've been hearing from years.
The first downside IMO is the width and depth of soundstage.
The second is about its sound. A little bit metallic feeling. PS: Reverting to gain 1 resolved this.
The third: Sibilance. Sadly it exists.

edit: listening to dubstep (the Knife Party) showed me the incredible potential. This hp being not a fan of subbass is bringing the needed amount. "Internet Friends" was never this detailed before plus the prat factor it emits :wink:
edit2: listening Hadouken! was a joyful practice. They are a rave, dubstep band and they use actual battery not a keyboard looping rtyhme. Though the stage not wide as others (ie Ostry kc06) trebles were detailed, keyboard was (more) obvious. 
edit3: Comes a big old gun "Wishbone Ash" and their newest song Take it Back. Oh god! This lively mixture of the vocal, guitars and the bass plus treble tones (crash imo) You can easily hear all the bass guitar tunes. And perceive the separation between vocals and other instruments in the loop section of the song.

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #922 of 4,032
IIRC I have to turn my x3 up to about 80 on high gain to get it loud enough. I've answered the same question in the x3 thread before so you can double check by searching there.

I don't have the B3's with me now so I can't check it.

Thanks for the info, 80 on high gain does seem a bit too loud though. I am comfortable around 70 on low, and if the surrounding is quiet I find 60 loud enough already. 

I wonder how can it be so power hungry with a relatively low impedance of 32 ohms. 

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #923 of 4,032
Thanks for the info, 80 on high gain does seem a bit too loud though. I am comfortable around 70 on low, and if the surrounding is quiet I find 60 loud enough already. 

I wonder how can it be so power hungry with a relatively low impedance of 32 ohms. 

Ok, maybe I remember wrong and it's 80 on low gain.....

I have to ask: Why do you ask if you own both yourself?

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #924 of 4,032
Awesome sounding 6D Audio from the one and only Tommy Emmanuel. Thanks analogsurviver 
etysmile.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #925 of 4,032
  Awesome sounding 6D Audio from the one and only Tommy Emmanuel. Thanks analogsurviver 
etysmile.gif

I am actually in principle against overdubbing and mixing of even far lesser proportions than used to make this track possible - but decided to turn blind eye due to overall music merit. And as far as Tommy Emmanuel is "the one and only" - so is the recording engineer Franko Russo , in this case helped by Stefano Arciero. 
To illustrate what I mean:

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #926 of 4,032
@Baycode : Since I obviously decided to get the tips that will yield the best from the Havi B3, please comment how do the tips from http://www.dx.com/p/jtx-3-5mm-in-ear-earphone-w-microphone-volume-control-for-nokia-n95-n76-n81-more-black-240595#.U71isvl_t0a
perform on Havi B3 (Old Version). In Chinese thread you mentioned them as being tried on Havi B3 ( II, new?) and Penon IEM - impressions/comparisons ? 

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #927 of 4,032
  I am actually in principle against overdubbing and mixing of even far lesser proportions than used to make this track possible - but decided to turn blind eye due to overall music merit. And as far as Tommy Emmanuel is "the one and only" - so is the recording engineer Franko Russo , in this case helped by Stefano Arciero. 
To illustrate what I mean:

Truly awesome analogsurviver, if you remember overdub was popularized by the legendary Les Paul himself and the rest is history
biggrin.gif
 Thanks again for sharing some good music. 

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #928 of 4,032

Truly awesome analogsurviver, if you remember overdub was popularized by the legendary Les Paul himself and the rest is history
biggrin.gif
 Thanks again for sharing some good music. 

Sure I remember who the original overdub "sinner" was 
atsmile.gif
.  No problem, if and when I stumble upon something interesting in music, I gladly share .

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #929 of 4,032
Hi @analogsurviver , the tips on the link is the same as the ones that came with the recent package.

I have selected mediums for these 3 eartip types for comparison (all the comparisons are for my ears and readers should take in to account that person to person differences "may" occur while selecting and testing the eartips):

1- Comply Tips  (CT)       (not real comply but quality is fairly good, these are newly designed foam tips that came with B3's. They have 2 round grooves on each side)

2- Senn Double Flanges (SDF)

3- White Silicone Havi's (WSH)

Clarity:
WSH >=  SDF > CT

Soundstage:
SDF = WSH  > CT

Bass:
WSH > SDF >= CT

Fit/stay On ears:
CT > SDF > WSH

Comfort:
All nearly equal to me.

Isolation:
CT > SDF = WSH

Other thoughts:

Warm sound-signature and smoothing of highs occurred with the new foam tips. They are better sounding than the previous foams that came with Havi B3. Anyone who needs (smoother highs, slightly less clarity) to change the sound-signature of B3 can try the new foams.

WSH is so shallow on the tip bore that every kind of wax can enter on the filter while pushing it in 
devil_face.gif

SDF stayed more secure compared to WSH for my ears.

Clarity and/or presence of highs are head to head for WSH and SDF. I can give slightly edge to WSH. But this part is near the level of undetectable.

Now the measurements of lengths and photos:

CT       -       SDF           -               WSH

CT        -       SDF           -               WSH

I have 2 calipers at the office (ATM) so you're lucky
wink.gif
Inner diameter of WSH is apprx. 4mm. Outer diameter on the largest part is 12mm.

Inner diameter of SDF is apprx. 6mm. Outer diameter on the largest part is 11mm.

These values for SDF also applies for the CT. But CT bore diameter is closer to 5.5mm rather than 6mm.

Overall length of the WSH and CT is nearly the same while the SDF is shorter.
Check the round groove on the side of the CT!

Tip bore depths after fitting:

SDF measured as (apprx.) 3mm deep

WSH measured as (apprx.) 2mm deep

CT measured as (apprx.) 6mm deep (I have to open the flash in order to light the inner part, otherwise it was all black on the photo -because of the depth of the CT-)

Largest bore on SDF and CT, shallowest bore depth after fitting is with WSH tip.

So which one I prefer? I am now between SDF and WSH! Both great! If the WSH keeps falling out I will go with SDF.

PS: I use Havi B3 Pro2 for these shots. They are exactly the same from outside except the filter material which is different.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #930 of 4,032
  Hi @analogsurviver , the tips on the link is the same as the ones that came with the recent package.

I have selected mediums for these 3 eartip types for comparison (all the comparisons are for my ears and readers should now person to person differences may occur):

1- Comply Tips  (CT)       (not real comply but quality is fairly good, these are newly designed foam tips that came with B3's. They have 2 round grooves on each side)

2- Senn Double Flanges (SDF)

3- White Silicone Havi's (WSH)

Clarity:
WSH >=  SDF > CT

Soundstage:
SDF = WSH  > CT

Bass:
WSH > SDF >= CT

Fit/stay On ears:
CT > SDF > WSH

Comfort:
All nearly equal to me.

Isolation:
CT > SDF = WSH

Other thoughts:

Warm sound-signature and smoothing of highs occurred with the new foam tips. They are better sounding than the previous foams that came with Havi B3. Anyone who needs (smoother highs, slightly less clarity) to change the sound-signature of B3 can try the new foams.

WSH is so shallow on the tip bore that every kind of wax can enter on the filter while pushing it in 
devil_face.gif

SDF stayed more secure compared to WSH for my ears.

Clarity and/or presence of highs are head to head for WSH and SDF. I can give slightly edge to WSH. But this part is near the level of undetectable.

Now the measurements of lengths and photos:

CT       -       SDF           -               WSH

CT        -       SDF           -               WSH

I have 2 calipers at the office (ATM) so you're lucky
wink.gif
Inner diameter of WSH is apprx. 4mm. Outer diameter on the largest part is 12mm.

Inner diameter of SDF is apprx. 6mm. Outer diameter on the largest part is 11mm.

These values for SDF also applies for the CF. But CF bore diameter is closer to 5.5mm rather than 6mm.

Overall length of the WSH and CT is nearly the same while the SDF is shorter.
Check the round groove on the side of the CF!

Tip bore depths after fitting:

SDF measured as (apprx.) 3mm depth.

WSH measured as (apprx.) 2mm depth.

CT measured as (apprx.) 6mm depth.

Largest bore on SDF and CT, shallowest bore depth after fitting is with WSH tip.

W     O      W  !   !   ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back