Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #946 of 4,032
  TKS!   I will got it.
cool.gif

Here you go...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310873148108?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #947 of 4,032
I'm also keen on impressions of some DAPs :bigsmile_face:  Especially on the ihifi 770 and DX90

Think DX90 has enough(if not more than,as baycode stated these are at its best driven by his tubes) juice to drive these......I have neither tho!

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #948 of 4,032
I had written my impressions with dx90 in the last page, beware :wink:

"
Okay guys this is the report from a dx90 gain 3 volume 215 regular big tips.

That volume and gain 3 resulted in a semi high volume! I can't believe how hungry is this hp!!!
But nevertheless I am hearing new details every minute from the songs I've been hearing from years.
The first downside IMO is the width and depth of soundstage.
The second is about its sound. A little bit metallic feeling. PS: Reverting to gain 1 resolved this.
The third: Sibilance. Sadly it exists.

edit: listening to dubstep (the Knife Party) showed me the incredible potential. This hp being not a fan of subbass is bringing the needed amount. "Internet Friends" was never this detailed before plus the prat factor it emits :wink:
edit2: listening Hadouken! was a joyful practice. They are a rave, dubstep band and they use actual battery not a keyboard looping rtyhme. Though the stage not wide as others (ie Ostry kc06) trebles were detailed, keyboard was (more) obvious. 
edit3: Comes a big old gun "Wishbone Ash" and their newest song Take it Back. Oh god! This lively mixture of the vocal, guitars and the bass plus treble tones (crash imo) You can easily hear all the bass guitar tunes. And perceive the separation between vocals and other instruments in the loop section of the song.
"

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #949 of 4,032
Currently listening to Miles Davis "Circle in The Round" album (FLAC format), feels like Miles Davis and all the band is privately playing for me :etysmile:

So accurate so true to life sound reproduction from B3's! Timbre is excellent! Ohh that sound-stage, just close your eyes and its real!

Instruments are well separated and keeping their correct places through the songs. Cymbals splash very very real and never goes to the level of being sibilant.

I did never enjoy Miles Davis albums before B3's. No exaggeration here :p  

definitely not thru thru your PC & muse......so source?

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #951 of 4,032
  edit2: listening Hadouken! was a joyful practice. They are a rave, dubstep band and they use actual battery not a keyboard looping rtyhme. Though the stage not wide as others (ie Ostry kc06) trebles were detailed, keyboard was (more) obvious.

It sounds like you have (or have heard) the kc06's. How are you liking the B3's in comparison?

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #952 of 4,032
Yep I do have kc06.

B3 is slightly narrower in terms of stage width.
Details are much more obvious in b3.
kc06's sound is surely metallic unlike b3.
Both evolve into unnatural beasts if you raise the volume (in dx90)
kc06 is easier to use. b3's driver's top-side is like a triangle's top 
kc06 is much easy to get dirty. Finger prints in every mm2 :) B3 is really elegant if compared to it.
They both share the same flexibility of tips. Standart nozzles.

I hope it helps :)

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #953 of 4,032
Shawn71 my source was Pc--> Shelbrookaudiolab Amp-->B3 Pro1

Tamirci thanks for the inputs on DX90. Now it's definately out of my wishlist.

B3 Pro1 is not a sibilant iem. There had been only one input stating it as sibilant. But I think that input was delivered from someone who didn't know what sibilance means in reality. I beleive your DX90 in conjuction with the record and may be your eartip selection and fit, is doing something.

As I have stated earlier, grittiness and sibilance are different things. Me and [@]analogsurvivor[/@] previously reported that B3 showed grittiness on highs untill 100-200 hours. Mine appeared after apprx. 40h of listening and completely gone between 100- 200h. I think @analogsurvivor reported the time as 300h.

And Tamirci I agree with you that B3 has sligtly narrower soundstage width in comparison with KC06. What KC06 lacks is the soundstage depth. Also soundstage height of KC06 is narrower compared to its soundstage width. So narrower roof and wery narrow depth on KC06 makes its soundstage arrificial. However, B3's width height and depth are near equal. This way it portrays more accurate/natural image.

And @Tamirci I also agree that KC06 sounds metallic (or arificial). B3 on the other hand reported to be (by many many users and me) to sound more organic/natural.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #954 of 4,032
  I had written my impressions with dx90 in the last page, beware :wink:

"
Okay guys this is the report from a dx90 gain 3 volume 215 regular big tips.

That volume and gain 3 resulted in a semi high volume! I can't believe how hungry is this hp!!!
But nevertheless I am hearing new details every minute from the songs I've been hearing from years.
The first downside IMO is the width and depth of soundstage.
The second is about its sound. A little bit metallic feeling. PS: Reverting to gain 1 resolved this.
The third: Sibilance. Sadly it exists.

edit: listening to dubstep (the Knife Party) showed me the incredible potential. This hp being not a fan of subbass is bringing the needed amount. "Internet Friends" was never this detailed before plus the prat factor it emits :wink:
edit3: Comes a big old gun "Wishbone Ash" and their newest song Take it Back. Oh god! This lively mixture of the vocal, guitars and the bass plus treble tones (crash imo) You can easily hear all the bass guitar tunes. And perceive the separation between vocals and other instruments in the loop section of the song.
"

Sorry, forgot it =/
Kind of weird that you mentioned that the soundstage is one of the downside of this pairing, because I think that it is one of the best features of the B3 when paired with the DX50.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #955 of 4,032
I notice at times sibilance with the b3 pro I in excessively bright recordings and while evident in the b3 it is pretty much there with every headphone minus those with extremely recessed treble. I don't consider the b3 to be sibilant but authentic and wish some studios would stop recording their music with waaay too much emphasis in the treble.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #956 of 4,032
That's why it's so hard to find great IEM's that can handle metal. Because of the treble and mids nature of metal, plus the bottom end SPEED, many budget IEMs have troubles translating metal properly and articulately. The Tenores are the current masters of the Metal genre, but the B3 is quite capable, despite the occasional sibilance.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #957 of 4,032
That's why it's so hard to find great IEM's that can handle metal. Because of the treble and mids nature of metal, plus the bottom end SPEED, many budget IEMs have troubles translating metal properly and articulately. The Tenores are the current masters of the Metal genre, but the B3 is quite capable, despite the occasional sibilance.

The Tpeos H200's are great at metal! 
ph34r.gif
wink.gif

(and the spike is gone with proper tips)

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #958 of 4,032

Try Singolos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back