Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
May 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #377 of 4,032

The bolded part is a bit harsh, but made me laugh out loud for some reason. Maybe it was Mochill's <24hr jump from the KC06A to the Tenores (with a thread creation telling everyone to get it at first, and then not get it and get the Tenores instead), or maybe just the incoherence (some crap about 'coco')

Whatever it is, no offence intended, I don't think I'll trust Mochill too much, or at least take his words with a huge pinch of salt. An IEM he favourites today will become only his 847294th favorite by the next month. it's not very cool to use single word expressions instead of detailed and fair reviews.

I'll forever be grateful for his endorsements of the B3 Pro 1 and the KC06, but hyping is a dangerous thing by itself, and then there's a level madness at which it's just got to stop.

I totally agree...everyone has to Chill Mo.

May 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #381 of 4,032
I agree with the hype notion, but more on the main Chinese IEM thread. Havi B3's have the weight of a certain consensus. It's the other thread where the hype is. I guess there arent enough people interested in the newer Chinese IEMs to prevent that from happening, though. But I'm glad this is being said, so that thread visitors will know about needing to salt things a bit before spending their money. It's unfortunate that some people seem to take pleasure in convincing others to go out and buy things.

May 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #382 of 4,032
I believe most of the users here prefers their B3 over the KC06 (I assume this from their previous inputs).

From the early reviews it seems that KC06A is very close to KC06 for SQ. But wee need more brain/driver burn-in time to have more healthy conclusions from the users... But it seems to me from these reviews that one of the biggest issues on KC06 didn't change: sound-stage depth.

I have jumped over KC06 and bought the gold version. I have burned it and gave it many chances.

In the end, I returned to my B3 Pro1. I am on a trip now and it's the only iem I take with me.

There is no way that I am going to jump over KC06A... Not a single chance!  

Also I am suspicious from your every input of nearly all the iems as: epic, toptier, wow, best, etc.  I have seen these many many times. Just calm down boy (or girl I don't now).

You have great affinity and love for this hobby but just relax! You're putting these things nearly every night even when you sleep, don't you?

Give your brain some fresh "SILENCE" :wink:

I agree on your post.

I also (in spite of the warning :wink:) jumped on the KC06. I think they're very nice but the B3's is much more than that, they mean serious business.

I'll definitely wait out for the B6 rather than jump on the KC06A.

May 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #385 of 4,032
Maybe sound depth isn't a big thing with some,
N on it's own, one iem can be v impressive with the genre one likes...
Until another iem comes along n destroys the standard set previously.

Mochii is picking up items at a high pace...
N sharing his excitement generously.
My bank account can't keep up with the chase..
So I take the hypetrains vicariously...just read n enjoy the craze:)

May 18, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #387 of 4,032
Except all of VSonic's newest IEMs?

To everyone else it's harmless excitement and hype, but I personally consider it quite insidious to go around sowing seeds of discontentment in threads about other IEMs. If it was in threads it belonged like the Tenore thread or Discovery or threads people have actually posted asking for input on purchase choices, then it wouldn't be a problem. But going to threads dedicated to other IEMs and polluting them with posts about how much better the latest acquisition is than the IEMs the thread is dedicated to is in somewhat poor taste, IMO.

May 18, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #388 of 4,032
Except all of VSonic's newest IEMs?

To everyone else it's harmless excitement and hype, but I personally consider it quite insidious to go around sowing seeds of discontentment in threads about other IEMs. If it was in threads it belonged like the Tenore thread or Discovery or threads people have actually posted asking for input on purchase choices, then it wouldn't be a problem. But going to threads dedicated to other IEMs and polluting them with posts about how much better the latest acquisition is than the IEMs the thread is dedicated to is in somewhat poor taste, IMO.

+1, I feel a bit annoying.

May 18, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #389 of 4,032
I'm gonna have to concur as well.

First and foremost, I must state that this is in no way a criticism towards Mochill's ears. With the wide array of IEMs he's listened to, he definitely has enough sonic experience to give a credible opinion on whatever he wants. True to his word, the IEMs which he has hyped (B3, KC06, KC06A, Tenores, TE-05, FX850) have all been true-to-word excellent. But how much of it is due to his own discovery, versus how much of it is due to purchasing it because of excellent prior expressions from fellow Head-fiers is debatable. 

What I cannot condone is going around posting in multiple threads parading his newest toy with loose, unspecific, single word reviews that reek more of one-upmanship that an honest product appraisal. I refrain for criticism without viable solutions. We must be mindful that many new and earnest members and guests may be viewing Head-fi threads on a daily basis hoping on some insight for his/her next purchase. People need real, solid information. Some people believe only in objective reviews. To me, subjective opinion is also fine, so as long as it's done without agenda, and in a fair and unbiased manner which is expressed appropriately.

When I become interested in the KC06A for example, I'm looking for a detailed comparison with IEMs of similar sound signature/ price range. I want to read about the extension of bass, the naturalness of presentation e.t.c. What's the point if I see a review with emoticons and single worded adjectives that make me picture heaven, but see the exact same expressions used on 5 other IEMs. These words lose their meaning, and just become a mere annoyance rather than anything useful.

I fully understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I also get it that everyone has their own way of expressing themselves adequately. In my opinion however, there still needs to be some stricter limits to prevent Head-fi from descending to farcical levels:

1) Specific threads for a certain IEM/headphone/gear exists for a reason. Keep content related to 'A' within thread 'A'
2) In the case where several products are mentioned, post it to the thread in which the idea of the post first originated from. In the case where it is hard to decide, think of the target audience of the post, and put it where it counts
3) Be objective, and then subjective with sufficient decency. Explain things clearly. Outbursts of happiness are fine, so as long as you do it once (or minimally) and compress it into one post
4) Add in disclaimers to put yourself beyond reproach. If you are giving initial impressions rather than a well thought out review absent of new toy syndrome, state so clearly. If you are comparing a product on hand with another which is based on vague memory, state so as well. In other words: contextualize your reviews/impressions.

I suppose all the above is just my opinion, and ultimately there's no right or wrong in relation to just a trivial forum. Not everyone will agree with this, and that's fine too. But for those who think like me and feel a sense of responsibility to uphold certain posting standards, I believe we should try to keep this in mind, even if all of us are subject to our own moments of newtoyism or fanboism.

May 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #390 of 4,032
I might not be as educated as all of you but I have a big heart :two_hearts::sob:, why you all hate on me :sob:, if you want natural sound at the best price I can't explain because I can't buy everything as I don't have a high paying salary as all that does:sob: wish I did:cry: tand I wish I didn't have to work and can sit on my azz all day and compare iems and audio gears as this is my favorite passion :two_hearts:...and why does it matter if I use emocon:disappointed:.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back