Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
May 19, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #406 of 4,032
  Me too. Pretty sure the Tenore's are my next purchase. Where did you get yours? Only place I find them at is Amazon.

I bought them used from Ebay back in June 2013.

You can buy them from Amazon or Ebay:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0093VVP0Q/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZERO-AUDIO-Inner-Ear-Stereo-Headphones-CARBO-TENORE-ZH-DX200-CT-/251515463227

May 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #407 of 4,032
  I bought them used from Ebay back in June 2013.

You can buy them from Amazon or Ebay:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0093VVP0Q/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZERO-AUDIO-Inner-Ear-Stereo-Headphones-CARBO-TENORE-ZH-DX200-CT-/251515463227

Wow that is like a year ago. Do you have a time machine that you can see the future, I've only known about these for a few months.

May 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #410 of 4,032
Shouldn't this conversation be in the Chinese IEMs thread? This Havi B3 thread has become a Chinese IEM fanboy thread if you ask me. Not very helpful for someone who wants Havi B3 information, because they also have to read through all this other obscure stuff that they probably don't know about or even want to know about. Too bad, because Havi deserves more, like being compared to well-known IEMs. Poor Havi, I guess he'll never get out of this obscure little corner.

May 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #412 of 4,032
Just wait for a year and they will get their well earned recognition (like the Tenores
wink.gif
)

+1.

Audiophile community is a  conservative one. What will most people do - buy say a well proven $ 300 or so model IEM that is basically (several) yesteryear's old news - or "risk" with say a ( new, only about a year in exisatance ) Havi one just can not walk into a store for audition - unless living in China ?

Despite some "crazy maniacs" claiming they are at the very least equal ... - it takes time, like with everything.

I still find it hard to believe how good B3 is - regardless of $ - and it only is getting better with the use, it did not start to crap out in the slightest. 

May 19, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #414 of 4,032
That comparison will come as soon as my Tenores arrives.

If someone else gets both before me they're welcome to beat me to it :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #415 of 4,032
Hi Everyone,

My first post here on Head-Fi, nice to meet you all :)

So after trying to find a good set of second-hand Sennheiser IE80's I did a bit of research and stumbled across this thread and was convinced that the Havi B3 Pro-1's were the headphones for me and my budget. I ordered a set, which arrived two days ago, and have to say that I have been completely underwhelmed by the sound that I am getting from these units. My main complaints are:

1. Sound is very un-immersive.
  2. Bass response is practically non-existent.
  3. Higher end clarity is nice, but I'm finding the overall listening experience to be extremely flat and boring.
  4. Cable is stiff and won't sit around my ear like it is supposed to.
  5. When walking outside I am getting huge amounts of wind noise over the bodies of the headphones.
  6. They are not particularly comfortable for me to wear for greater than half an hour.
  7. When listening on my Samsung Galaxy S3 the max volume level is extremely low.

My previous headphones were a budget pair of Sennheiser's and they sounded significantly better than the Havi's.

I have tried all of the different ear-pieces that were supplied and none make a significant improvement on the listening experience.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?! Everybody on this thread has been raving about these things so much that I can only imagine that either I have a dud pair or I am not doing something right...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ollie.

May 20, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #416 of 4,032
  Hi Everyone,

So after trying to find a good set of second-hand Sennheiser IE80's I did a bit of research and stumbled across this thread and was convinced that the Havi B3 Pro-1's were the headphones for me and my budget. I ordered a set, which arrived two days ago, and have to say that I have been completely underwhelmed by the sound that I am getting from these units. My main complaints are:

3. Higher end clarity is nice, but I'm finding the overall listening experience to be extremely flat and boring.
  4. Cable is stiff and won't sit around my ear like it is supposed to.
  5. When walking outside I am getting huge amounts of wind noise over the bodies of the headphones.
  6. They are not particularly comfortable for me to wear for greater than half an hour.
  7. When listening on my Samsung Galaxy S3 the max volume level is extremely low.

My previous headphones were a budget pair of Sennheiser's and they sounded significantly better than the Havi's.

I have tried all of the different ear-pieces that were supplied and none make a significant improvement on the listening experience.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?! Everybody on this thread has been raving about these things so much that I can only imagine that either I have a dud pair or I am not doing something right...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ollie.

Welcome. Sorry to hear that you are not impressed by Havi. Did you order old version? I myself was thinking to buy these but finally decided to buy Ostry KC06 instead. Havi B3 is said to be quite power hungry so maybe Galaxy S3 is a weak source for these (I also have S3 and it is absolutely sufficient for my KC06 in terms of maxing up the volume through the roof). So maybe the main problem here is that you can't enjoy Havi because of the low volume? I personally prefer relatively high volumes to enjoy my music as much as possible. Well, of course there is also always a chance that you were unlucky and received a faulty pair.

May 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #417 of 4,032
Where did you buy them and which version did you order? Is there a red dot on the box? Can you please share some photos of the box and the iem itself?

Which eartips did you receive? Please write in detail.

Do you think your earcanals are large, medium or small type?

Cable will become softer in time.

You need to burn them in for a proper time (already explained in this thread).

Wind noise is a subjective matter (may be fast or slow, wind direction is also important). It's effect on the sound may change because of many variables. So couldn't comment on that.

I use Woodoo Louder app on my galaxy S2. It boosts the internal amp. Havi needs an amp for weak sources. It has been discussed several pages back.

There can be device-iem mismatches.

It is also possible that you have received a defective (or even fake) pair.

May 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #418 of 4,032
Might be your pair is defective, I would say the havi are more power than most but gave my b3s a listen at max volume with my s3 and practically deafened myself. If you got them from penonaudio try the double flange tips if you got some and try wriggling them around to get the best seal. The stock tips just did not work for me in the slightest.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 20, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #419 of 4,032
  Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Ollie.

Hi Ollie, 
Welcome to Head-Fi and SORRY ABOUT YOUR WALLET 
biggrin.gif

This was exactly my first imression with them as well. Turned out that I didn't get a good enough seal although it really felt as if I did. That being said the B3's are not bassmonsters by any means, so if that's what you like I think you picked the wrong IEM.

I also think that you have a challenge with the power output from your S3 since the B3's really need som power to shine. The low volume that you describe is a clear indication of this. Could it be that your phone has a safety limit for how loud sound it will output?  I've got more than 30 IEM's and the B3's are the most hard to drive of them all so they should need higher volume than your previous IEM's. Do you have any other source you could try them with to see if your impression changes?

As Baycode said the cable will become softer with more use. To start with I needed earglides to make them stay over the ears but not any more.

May 20, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #420 of 4,032
Using the chin-slider (pushing it up all the way, under the chin) is a safe method to keep the cable on its place (I mean the cable above the ear).

You may not need to do this every time in the future as the cable becomes softer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back