Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
May 18, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #391 of 4,032
I might not be as educated as all of you but I have a big heart :two_hearts::sob:, why you all hate on me :sob:, if you want natural sound at the best price I can't explain because I can't buy everything as I don't have a high paying salary as all that does:sob: wish I did:cry: tand I wish I didn't have to work and can sit on my azz all day and compare iems and audio gears as this is my favorite passion :two_hearts:...and why does it matter if I use emocon:disappointed:.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You don't bother me...I'm too laid back to let opinions bug me.

May 18, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #394 of 4,032
Personally I have been reaching for my b3s more often than my re-400 as of late. The re-400 are quite a fantastic pair but had my pair for a year and have gotten a bit tired of them. The havi have better soundstage and things sound more coherent. The havi also has better sub bass than the re-400. Build and isolation on the re-400 is quite a bit better though in comparison to the b3s.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #395 of 4,032
How good is this havi b3 compared to say the re-400? I am looking for a competent budget iem. Thanks in advance for your comments.

The RE-400 was my first real high quality IEM which I was in love with. With that said, the Havi Pro 1 is cheaper, sounds better, and was only $45 when it first came out. That's less than half the cost of the RE-400. It's been my #1 IEM for a long, long time now, and it was off the market for quite some time. Glad its back, as the Pro 2 is nowhere near as good.

May 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #396 of 4,032
Aaaaah. Okay. That's very interesting. Thank you fellas. I'm heading over to a local dealer to test out the re-400 and rha ma750. The RHAs come with a 3 year warranty! Its sad that I can't demo the Havis. I do have reservations on its build quality. They look cheap. Plus, they're just slightly cheaper than the re-400 shipped to my country. Im actually looking for an all rounder iem as spares before i commit to a new pair of customs (had the 4A, sold em off). I have the ax30 now but they sound very congested when I listen to multitrack metal for instance, although they do have a great tone and are quite neutral. Its gonna be very tough.

May 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #397 of 4,032
  Aaaaah. Okay. That's very interesting. Thank you fellas. I'm heading over to a local dealer to test out the re-400 and rha ma750. The RHAs come with a 3 year warranty! Its sad that I can't demo the Havis. I do have reservations on its build quality. They look cheap. Plus, they're just slightly cheaper than the re-400 shipped to my country. Im actually looking for an all rounder iem as spares before i commit to a new pair of customs (had the 4A, sold em off). I have the ax30 now but they sound very congested when I listen to multitrack metal for instance, although they do have a great tone and are quite neutral. Its gonna be very tough.

The first CD I used to test the Havi was Reign in Blood. It was the absolute clearest I have ever heard the album, and each instrument could easily be heard... along with a massive soundstage.

I also had the Astrotec AX-35 which I sold off. It just can't compare.

The Havi is top notch for metal, even more so than the 750. The new BLS sounds great on them too.

May 18, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #398 of 4,032

hey bro I noticed you're from singapore. me too! if you want I could let you let you listen to my B3 and see if you like them! not very expensive to order to singapore. just go through penonaudio. costs 59.90 usd which works out to around 80 sgd

May 19, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #400 of 4,032
The first CD I used to test the Havi was Reign in Blood. It was the absolute clearest I have ever heard the album, and each instrument could easily be heard... along with a massive soundstage.

I also had the Astrotec AX-35 which I sold off. It just can't compare.

The Havi is top notch for metal, even more so than the 750. The new BLS sounds great on them too.

I'm glad to hear this! I listen a lot to metal. I will crank meshuggah all day when they arrive :):)

May 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #402 of 4,032
I also look forward to a B3 vs. Tenore comparison.  Maybe BHazard will buy the Tenore.

Tenores are still #1 for me, but I have KC06 on the way so we'll see how that goes.

May 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #403 of 4,032
  I also look forward to a B3 vs. Tenore comparison.  Maybe BHazard will buy the Tenore.

Tenores are still #1 for me, but I have KC06 on the way so we'll see how that goes.

Me too. Pretty sure the Tenore's are my next purchase. Where did you get yours? Only place I find them at is Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back