Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
May 14, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #346 of 4,032
The biggest question here is the portable source's own power.  Will it power the Havi? Also will it match with the Havi?

"Source" have to be good in power. They "scale up" with better sources. That's why I am thinking of purchasing a DX90 nowadays (but have to postpone because of budget).

We have seen people taking this 60 USD iem over their H200, UE900, ie80, gr07 and recently XBA-H3 (preference may be subject to genre type as well).

Personally, I prefer B3 over the KC06 (gold) even without an addition to an amp to the system (excluding Sansa Fuze).

Lack of isolation, lack (or very less) of sound-stage depth (therefore 3D image), slightly more prominent highs, less detail (or definition) on the lower (bass) section killed the KC06 for me... Other than these negatives KC06 is an excellent competitor!

The "shape" and "wents" on the KC06 not only provides poor isolation but also causes leaking of the outside sound in a very unfavorable way (its like putting a limpet (or periwinkle) to your ear and starting to hear the outside noise in a different way...).

So before deciding keep all these in mind.

I hope some of the B3 users other than me will put their input as well
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #348 of 4,032
If you get these you should plan for getting an amp as well.

They will of course work without one but you risk low volume and you will not see their greatness :)

May 14, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #349 of 4,032
Has anyone compared Havi with Zero Audio Tenore?

May 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #351 of 4,032

Yes, Havi works just fine, Tenore is broken

angry_face.gif

biggrin.gif
  Has anyone compared functioning Havi to functioning Tenore?

May 14, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #352 of 4,032
May 14, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #353 of 4,032
The KC06 has a new brother in the KC06A
When will the B6 step into the fray?

This might be a bit random. But I think between the KC06 and B3, I still prefer the B3 by a hair's breadth. Airiness, clarity, treble sparkle vs soundstage, timbre, imaging and natural sounding. Really tough fight, but I gotta say I prefer the latter 
smile_phones.gif

May 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #354 of 4,032
If for any reason you have to decide Havi B3 Pro ( Original Version ) vs some more efficient IEM using a feeble source and no way of adding an amp ASAP - get the efficient one. Mind you, Havi will still probably wow you - but after hearing all it can do with appropriate associated equipment and comparing what of that remains with a feeble source, it is simply too much.

Reminds me of the Extrema Amator loudspeaker; relatively "inexpensive" loudspeaker say 20 or so years ago - ( if 5000 German Marks, an equivalent of say 2500 EUR ( + inflation)  can be considered inexpensive ). But IT WAS INEXPENSIVE - compared to amps that could bring that beauty/beast to sing. At LEAST three times more money was needed for the first amp I heard to bring Extremas to life. 

Still, there are people with Extremas and underachiever amps - they can not part with the speakers yet can not afford to power them properly. They would have been FAR better off with a bit lesser speakers and an amp within their budget that can handle them properly.

Think - 20 or so years of having to be constantly remindered ( or at least when these combos are being used ) *what if*...

Luckily, here the $ involved are incomparably lower - yet the principle remains the same. 

May 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #355 of 4,032
I agree: if you got the power get the B3's, otherwise the KC06's is a good alternative since they're very easy to drive. So far I find all the talk of need for certain amps for the KC06 highly exaggerated. So far I also find the B3 to be more enjoyable but the KC06 is still a very nice IEM. I've only got about 12 hours on the KC06 though.

May 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #356 of 4,032
I agree: if you got the power get the B3's, otherwise the KC06's is a good alternative since they're very easy to drive. So far I find all the talk of need for certain amps for the KC06 highly exaggerated. So far I also find the B3 to be more enjoyable but the KC06 is still a very nice IEM. I've only got about 12 hours on the KC06 though.
to add to this the kc06 sounds okay with an amp also (although not necessary). If I'm jamming my kc06 at home I use the bass boost on my amp and it sounds awesome. I'd rather listen to the havi with an amp. The detail, balance, and soundstage is better on the havi WHEN AMPED.

May 14, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #357 of 4,032
I agree again. There's no problem using an amp with the KC06 and they do scale. I just don't find the difference between the amps to make as big as some others seem to do.

May 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #359 of 4,032
If I can listen to Havi B3 Pro normally with my iPhone at volume 85%, do I need amp? I think 100% volume is too loud already.
it's not necessarily the volume as much as the richness and detail an amplifier brings out in them. The havi opens up, and the soundstage is incredible when amped.

May 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #360 of 4,032
If I can listen to Havi B3 Pro normally with my iPhone at volume 85%, do I need amp? I think 100% volume is too loud already.
Unfortunately %100 volume may not be too loud for ip5s. I had to push %85 to achieve a normal listening volume with it (definition of "normal" and"high" volume are subjective).

Right now I am listening through my powerful Meizu M3 (somewhere between %35-45 volume, without an amp) and I am blown away by the trance and electronic music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back