Has anyone heard of KOZEE SOUND SOLUTIONS?
Mar 10, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #181 of 199

Quote:
And in Rockford, IL, too (right down the street from the Chi)? I think I am going to have them reshell my Custom 3, and if that turns out well (based on average Joe's pics, it should), I am going to let them reshell my SM2. I also think I might invest in an x1 depending on what project86 and others have to say in more detail. Man, it is a great time to be into customs.
beerchug.gif

Eric I agree with you! I may have to get some X1's, and now after seeing joe's pics of reshelled TF10 I may reshell both my SF5 pro and TF10 pro, my Jaben ES8 cable is starting to crack only after 2 months of use at the gym... So it may just be a good time for me to reshell the TF10s ^_^ now just wondering if anyone can comment on wearing customs to the gym?...

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #182 of 199
As promised, some pics of my X1s with Executive upgrade:

As you can see, the art on the one side (last pic) has a few minor imperfections. I don't know if it was just done wrong, or if it got slightly chipped during shipping, or what. Not a big deal to me, but I'd like to see more art done by Kozee before I judge them in that area. Aside from that, build quality is quite nice.

I'm still listening to them. Hearing a lot of things I like and a few areas that I don't.

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #184 of 199

Quote:
As promised, some pics of my X1s with Executive upgrade:

As you can see, the art on the one side (last pic) has a few minor imperfections. I don't know if it was just done wrong, or if it got slightly chipped during shipping, or what. Not a big deal to me, but I'd like to see more art done by Kozee before I judge them in that area. Aside from that, build quality is quite nice.

I'm still listening to them. Hearing a lot of things I like and a few areas that I don't.

wow...that looks fantastic for 200 dollars.

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #188 of 199
Is that the blue or blue tint?

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #189 of 199

Quote:
How's the build quality compared to Unique Melody?

Build quality seems to be on the high end of the scale, but still not quite a match for UM. I'm getting tired of saying that but nobody seems to be able to match them. It's their combination of a crystal clear even finish internally and a very smooth polished exterior that makes them seem so nice. I'm looking at my X1s right now and holding them up to the light, because the darker blue makes it a little hard to see as compared to a clear or light colored shell. But I'm looking and all I see is a few very minor imperfections inside, almost more like little dots than actual bubbles. There are only 3 of them that I see right now. And on my left ear faceplate there is something litle a tiny little "dimple", as if I took a needle and poked a tiny little indentation into the acrylic. I can only see it when the lighting is a certain way and I can't even feel it by running my finger over the faceplate. So not a huge deal.

I'd have to see more examples in lighter colors, but at this point I can tentatively say that Kozee build quality is very high. 

Quote:
Is that the blue or blue tint?

I'm not sure what the name is. I basically told Adam at Kozee that I wanted a blue color, and gave him this as a pic as a general guideline of something I liked (from his own website):

Since I got upgraded to an Executive with acrylic, obviously he went in a little different direction, which is totally fine with me. 

May 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #194 of 199
I sent in my molds, and UE18 Pro's a few weeks ago.  I've emailed them a few times, and no response back.  I am starting to get a little worried as I have not even heard from them via email. 

Can anyone vouch for this company?

May 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #195 of 199
Yes, others are having that problem as well. Here is the more active thread about Kozee:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/543326/kozee-sound-solutions-custom-iems-reshell-appreciation-thread-with-reviews-x3-done-tf10-done-jh16-reshell-tbd/300#post_7498177

A group of people are waiting for their customs to be made or worked on, including me. Adam from Kozee is extremely busy working on this stuff for us, so I suspect he might be deliberately controlling the amount of impression kits he sends out. That way he can help keep the new orders from stacking up quicker than he can work on the older ones. 

It's frustrating, but from my experience (and other people too) the end result should be worth it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back