Has anyone heard of KOZEE SOUND SOLUTIONS?
Mar 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #166 of 199
Hi Adam, if people just post reviews in random posts in this thread, there is no easy way to find them (good luck with a thread search for what you are looking for) unless someone puts links to them in a logical place like a first post.

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #167 of 199
I don't feel super-strongly about it, but I can see some people posting reviews here just because it has become the de facto Kozee thread, and other people posting reviews in your new thread. From experience with other threads, this can lead to disjointed and duplicative discussions, but I'm obviously happy to go along with whatever others think makes sense (not that it is up to me anyway...
wink_face.gif
).

Best regards,
Adam

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #168 of 199
It really doesn't matter; everyone can post their reviews anywhere they want, as is usually the case :wink:  I will post my 3 reviews of Kozee products/services in one spot with a link from my custom resource thread as that makes the most sense to me.  Also, I have often seen new threads created once a product starts shipping since the original thread (this thread in this case) has only one post in the 12 pages containing thoughts on the X1.

One more day until I receive my TF10 reshell/X3 and |joker| & project86 receive their X1s, so for now Jupiterknight gets to entertain us 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #169 of 199
I agree with Joe: This thread has been great for discussion, and can still continue to be a good resource. But having a more straightforward thread where reviews can be easily located is a good idea too. There's no reason why they can't co-exist.

One more day for my X1 delivery, according to Fedex. 

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #170 of 199

Quote:
One more day until I receive my TF10 reshell/X3 and |joker| & project86 receive their X1s, so for now Jupiterknight gets to entertain us 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sorry project86, fixed :wink:  You are a customs guru so your thoughts are very valuable IMO.

Quote:
I agree with Joe: This thread has been great for discussion, and can still continue to be a good resource. But having a more straightforward thread where reviews can be easily located is a good idea too. There's no reason why they can't co-exist.

One more day for my X1 delivery, according to Fedex. 

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #173 of 199
In the executive option, where they say "upgraded driver" can anyone chime in on what they mean?  Like in the X2 and X3, they say the same thing, but are they referring to all 2/3 drivers being upgraded or just one.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #174 of 199
This is what I think it is.  No proof or confirmation.

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #175 of 199
Got my X1s in the mail a few ago. VERY incomplete initial musings:

Nice box, slides open, good presentation for a budget item.

I got acrylic instead of silicone.... but didn't seem to get the inline volume control on my cable. So it's sort of a half executive upgrade. 

Build quality is pretty good, I don't see bubbles or problems at all. But my dark blue makes it hard to see too well.

Fit seems a little loose, or maybe not quite as deep as I'm used to, but we'll see how it works out. I do get a good seal though.

Sounds a lot warmer than I had expected for a single BA driver. Bass hits fairly hard and deep. Highs of course rolled off a bit. Overall I'm surprised at how much of the spectrum it covers though.

More to come, also will try for pics.

EDIT I just revisited the Kozee website, to look at details about the Executive upgrade. Turns out it doesn't mention in line volume control (maybe it never did and I'm imagining things). So I guess I have a real executive upgrade on accident: detachable cable (reminds me of a JH Audio cable), acrylic shell, cleaning tool, hard storage case, and "Kozee" artwork on them (which I assume doesn't happen with the silicone version). I suspect the earlier poster who mentioned having a vented driver as an upgrade might be correct, as there does seem to be some type of apparatus on the rear, like a funnel guiding sound into the center of the acrylic chamber. 

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #177 of 199
project86 takes his time with pics so that may take a while..you may however get a nice picture of his couch :p

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #178 of 199
And in Rockford, IL, too (right down the street from the Chi)? I think I am going to have them reshell my Custom 3, and if that turns out well (based on average Joe's pics, it should), I am going to let them reshell my SM2. I also think I might invest in an x1 depending on what project86 and others have to say in more detail. Man, it is a great time to be into customs.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back