Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo?
Oct 7, 2011 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

smilence

100+ Head-Fier
Although being satisfied with my M902+Denon D7000s combo,I am still very interested in LCD-2/HE-6 after reading some reviews.As M902's multifunction is very useful to me,I don;t want to replace it.

So,I'm just wondering,will M902+LCD-2/HE-6 be a good combo? My source is Northstar USB DAC32(a $1500 DAC).
Any other headphone recommendation for M902?

Thank you for reading.

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, the LCD-2's are pretty easy to drive from what I've seen - if your output is 1 watt then you shouldn't have issues driving the LCD-2. But the HE-6 is a different beast. The recommendation is 6-8 watts output at 
50Ω - and there are few dedicated headphone amps that can do this without breaking the bank. As far as I know the best amp would be the Schiit Lyr, the higher-end WooAudio products, and the new DAC/Amp from Audio-GD which is very beefy as well (and well priced).

I don't think you can compare them side by side. I'm not sure what the output wattage is for your amp.

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 4

I think M902 can surely "drive" LCD-2 as the output power will be enough, it's just: whether M902 matches with LCD-2.

Also,interested in the M902+Rudistor MD1 Combo
Quote:
Well, the LCD-2's are pretty easy to drive from what I've seen - if your output is 1 watt then you shouldn't have issues driving the LCD-2. But the HE-6 is a different beast. The recommendation is 6-8 watts output at 
50Ω - and there are few dedicated headphone amps that can do this without breaking the bank. As far as I know the best amp would be the Schiit Lyr, the higher-end WooAudio products, and the new DAC/Amp from Audio-GD which is very beefy as well (and well priced).

I don't think you can compare them side by side. I'm not sure what the output wattage is for your amp.

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 4
Have not heard the LCD2 + M902 but from very brief experience with the Grace unit (with HD 650) - it should liven up
it's dark character a bit being occasionally bright with most phones. A good thing in my book with the LCD-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back