Hardest boss fight ever!
Nov 9, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #166 of 217
Funny how just about every post in this forum is about Souls or souls-like bosses, lol. Ima shake it up, I'll contest that Monster Hunter has some of the most difficult boss fights there are (while remaining fair).

Alatreon is the main one that comes to mind, from Monster Hunter: World. Lots of difficult fights in this game, but no other fight quite gave me as much satisfaction to master after getting my butt kicked endless times :laughing:. Arguably though, the hardest boss in that game is the first fight you get into: fighting the controls lmao. After mastering it I feel there's no combat system more satisfying than Monster Hunter, but goddamn is it a steep learning curve figuring out all the combos on top of learning every monster move-set and the rest of the mechanics.

Honestly there's tons of bosses in that game that are super difficult; just a matter of finding the one that most counters your playstyle lol.

Nov 12, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #167 of 217
Funny how just about every post in this forum is about Souls or souls-like bosses, lol. Ima shake it up, I'll contest that Monster Hunter has some of the most difficult boss fights there are (while remaining fair).

Alatreon is the main one that comes to mind, from Monster Hunter: World. Lots of difficult fights in this game, but no other fight quite gave me as much satisfaction to master after getting my butt kicked endless times :laughing:. Arguably though, the hardest boss in that game is the first fight you get into: fighting the controls lmao. After mastering it I feel there's no combat system more satisfying than Monster Hunter, but goddamn is it a steep learning curve figuring out all the combos on top of learning every monster move-set and the rest of the mechanics.

Honestly there's tons of bosses in that game that are super difficult; just a matter of finding the one that most counters your playstyle lol.
It seems what is fair is relative. lol. They say Souls games are fair, but there are other claims it's too hard.

When I attempted a souls game for the first time was Dark Souls 3, and Iudex Gundyr was impossible to me, but I see a video tutoral on how to beat the boss so easily. For the life of me, I could not understand Souls combat mechanics at the time. I'm sure that's is generally the case for people that bang their head playing Souls games. Dark Souls for example is so unique in the age of relaxing/unchallenging first person shooters what gets people by surprise. They are not used to playing the game to figure out things, but to hit something and they die fast. lol. They are not used to be challenged to the point to figuring out a game mechanics. I had to change my mindset to get through Souls game, or they say 'Git Gud.' <and that's what this saying actually means. Figure it out.

With this said, one boss that I find is truely unfair is Malenia, Blade Of Miquella. Her regen and ridiculous hit box flurry special move is just downright unfair, and bad boss design.

But, it's fair to these people that can beat the boss. lol As you can see, it's not impossible as I would see it. It's all about knowing when to strike. Which is generally what combat is like in Souls games. I think I had such a difficult time because I'm so used to being up close to bosses in Souls games, and this one you can't because if you get close, you get hit and she will regen. I know how I should approach her, but not getting hit is still hard for me. lol. I was always intrigued with Souls game because they are considered 'hard' and knowing the game is something I've always been interested in. It's like something is considered 'hard' by people, but it turns out to be a matter of 'knowing' it.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #170 of 217
Long time ago and must be the first really hard boss fight (and game for that matter) I beat.
Ninja Gaiden on XBOX
Alma

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #172 of 217
Wo Long: Dong Zhuo

When he does the grab attack, be prepared to die from full health. I don't see how it's fair for AI to hit you immediately after you got knocked down with no chance to recover after you get back up. 2nd half the fight, he gets super aggressive and relentless. He does his rapid fire magic attack, and it one shots you. It's ridiculous. His spirit recovers so quick that it's hard to get a crit on him. This boss pisses me off.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #173 of 217
For me it was Mike Tyson from Punch Out when i was a kid; had to try around 12 times to beat him.

mike-tyson-hated-punch-out.jpg

Mar 19, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #174 of 217
Wow, the most BS boss design from Team Ninja. You know the attacks are going to be cheap if it's Team Ninja. Infinate stamina, poise, movents that defies the laws of gravity, etc.. If you make one mistake, you are pretty much dead. Team Ninja's idea of difficulty design is to combo you to death. lol They put the furniture along the perimeter walls on purpose so people would get caught in them. I died from being caught in the furniture so many times. It's super annoying when this happens and feels super cheap.

And then Fighting Cowboy just annihilate him like nothing. lol. Difference between knowledge/creativity and ordinary thinking.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #175 of 217
Finally beat Nioh 2. Yeah, the combat is very good. It has a lot of depth. Very challenging combat to master compared to From Soft games.

She's really good. And I like her quote, "oh right in his peepee." lol Cool boss, and it's fun to watch people fight him.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #176 of 217
Not the hardest, but the first challenge I've faced so far. Due to this boss, I've come to realization that I was overdue for weapon and armor upgrades because it was one shotting me. Also I had to start using grapple to stay at a safe distance. First satisfying monster I've beaten so far. This video makes me want to use a hammer. Lots of damage.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #177 of 217
Magnamalo

this dude looks like a boss. I got one shotted my first attempt, and have no idea why he was easy enough I didn't die again after that. I luv the theme music when fighting him. This game feels like bloodborne when it comes to fighting monsters.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #178 of 217
The coolest and best boss in Nioh 2: Yoshitsune

The fight is just epic. I luv fighting him with split staff. So fun! Team Ninja needs to make another Nioh type game. It's so epic! Whoever is playing, is just boss. He/she's owning Yoshitsune. That feels great. that music too! so epic! this is how you do a fight. This is what fighting game is in 3D

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #179 of 217
Great boss. Souls shield timing is tricky and 2nd phase is damn near impossible solo on hard (well, unless you're this guy). I really like what this game brings in terms of combat mechanics. It works really well, it's just that it's not a solo game, and playing the regular levels really suck. Only the boss fights are really fun due to it's combat mechanics.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #180 of 217
Finally a proper boss. The bosses in this game isn't that bad for the most part. They gives the same stress you get in Soulsborne/Nioh games. You get one shotted at times as well. I got one shotted many times from this guy's ice attacks. There's probably some issues in my build. This one teaches a pattern, which makes it like a proper boss. This guy seams a bit over-leveled. Didn't use parry myself. What I like about these game is that you get youself into a flow of combat once you get used to the game, and flow is when you feel like a superman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back