Hardest boss fight ever!
Feb 26, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #202 of 214
What boss fight in any game did you find to be one of the hardest you've ever faced. For me it has to be dark souls 2 to the fume Knight.
I think my new hardest boss is Malenia from Elden Ring, her and Maliketh were INSANE, ended up summoning help for both, the only bosses I did that for in Elden Ring so far. I plan to go back and fight them both solo, but I really wanted to get through them at the time!

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #208 of 214
Wow, it took awhile to final figure out what she meant by 'dodge left.' You have to dodge left toward Romeo, not just left. Once I figured this out, Romeo was easy to dodge since if you dodge toward him, you can avoid his consecutive attack as well. This was demon of hatred level of difficulty at first, but it's really easy once you figure how to deal with Romeo in the 2nd phase.

This game isn't really 'unbalanced' as some people say, there is a way to beat every boss, but not in a easy way. You have to do some work figuring out the patterns. They really restrict you in options when you hit a wall, except leveling up, but that will take some grinding or cheats.

This game has good challenging bosses. It's not the most enjoyable, but good challenges I say. I think these boss designs are tops.

This dodge toward the enemy is a classic Fromsoft dodge strat. lol
The bosses are hard in Sekiro but I just kept trying because they were fun. Some of the Lies of P boss fights are just unfun and boring. King of Puppets you have to go through the same robot thing which you have already faced several times at that point, with very tight parry window, in order to get to Phase 2. Phase 2 seems fun but you'll have to go through that boring and long Phase 1 again just to see him again and have enough pills to make sure you can last through his moves so you can figure it out. A souls game that came out around the time of Lies of P was much more fun for me - Lords of the Fallen. Yes it had performance issues but I brute-forced through it with RTX4090 so it became a non issue to me. But this 6/10 game is just superior to Lies of P in almost every aspect - art, graphics, boss design, exploration. The only thing is that the boss difficulty is not as high, while the "normal" enemies you encounter during exploration can be quite daunting. By the way, if you like Sekiro you should try Rise of the Ronin.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #209 of 214
The bosses are hard in Sekiro but I just kept trying because they were fun. Some of the Lies of P boss fights are just unfun and boring. King of Puppets you have to go through the same robot thing which you have already faced several times at that point, with very tight parry window, in order to get to Phase 2. Phase 2 seems fun but you'll have to go through that boring and long Phase 1 again just to see him again and have enough pills to make sure you can last through his moves so you can figure it out. A souls game that came out around the time of Lies of P was much more fun for me - Lords of the Fallen. Yes it had performance issues but I brute-forced through it with RTX4090 so it became a non issue to me. But this 6/10 game is just superior to Lies of P in almost every aspect - art, graphics, boss design, exploration. The only thing is that the boss difficulty is not as high, while the "normal" enemies you encounter during exploration can be quite daunting. By the way, if you like Sekiro you should try Rise of the Ronin.
I can't agree with this. Lords of the Fallen is probably the one of the worst made souls-like ever. Combat and boss designs were one of the worst. Bosses were really badly designed. It was a real mess when it came out in terms of normal enemy balance, and the developers probably had no clue how to make a souls-like game given the amount of bad decisions they were making while patching. It's just one of the worst designs all around. It doesn't even come close to 'Lies of P' in terms of design. The reviews out there does reflect the difference in quality between the two games. Lords of the Fallen is just a badly made game. Even among the streamers, you can see which one they chooses to play over the other, and rather not finish.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #210 of 214
I can't agree with this. Lords of the Fallen is probably the one of the worst made souls-like ever. Combat and boss designs were one of the worst. Bosses were really badly designed. It was a real mess when it came out in terms of normal enemy balance, and the developers probably had no clue how to make a souls-like game given the amount of bad decisions they were making while patching. It's just one of the worst designs all around. It doesn't even come close to 'Lies of P' in terms of design. The reviews out there does reflect the difference in quality between the two games. Lords of the Fallen is just a badly made game. Even among the streamers, you can see which one they chooses to play over the other, and rather not finish.

To each his own, but I finished both games and I genuinely enjoyed Lords of the Fallen much more than Lies of P in almost every aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back