Hardest boss fight ever!
Aug 30, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #183 of 214
First boss in Armored Core 6 was no slouch.
You google FromSoft bosses that's tough, and there's usually a secret getting through them. Or you can experiment in this game, but that takes time. It's weak on something. Some FromSoft games, it's still hard even if you find out the secret sauce, like Sekiro.

People on Steam complain about this boss because the don't know FromSoft, and have no idea that they are suppose to experiment. I think that's the whole point of this boss. It's like, if you do not experiment, you're not getting through. It's a right of passage like a lot of first bosses in FromSoft games.

This boss is not about beating it with by repeated attempts, but figuring out the path of least resistance.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #184 of 214
PCA Warrant Officier - wow, this guy just spews lightening fast lasters and shoot fast missiles that tracks you, and he does a major hit shot that staggers you. You just keep getting staggered and you can't move! And the cramped room. You get stuck on the objects when you strife. This is Fromsoft's purposeful level design. lol. And he has a shield! And he will shield bash you when close. And.. And.. There is no checkpoint for this boss, and you have to keep starting over again from the beginning to clear out the minions before facing this boss. Balteus is nothing compared to this guy. What I'm starting to realize is that the typical strategy is to stagger them first with plasma and then spew them fast with gatling to bring there health down fast!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #185 of 214
I struggled even harder with this boss and then I just went all plasma on it, and beat it that way. This boss is OP has hell!

However, some people find creative ways to beat it, and make it look easy. This guy's method looks flashy and super cool! This got to be Ongbal's play. He figures out creative way to melee in this game.

Looking at stuff like this, it seems they can make an Armor Core in a souls style. I would like to see it in souls style with looting and long dungeons.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #186 of 214
Finally beat the notorious ibis AC 240, supposedly the most difficult boss in the game. I got lucky, and I'll take it. Jesus.. I don't know how some people can dodge his arc energy beams. In order to beat this guy without luck or consistatly, you definately need to be gud. This game could have been designed to be much more difficult than Sekiro, the most difficult Fromsoft game, but I think they nerf'd it for casual enjoyment. Look how fast this thing moves. The most difficult part was to keep track of it, so I know where the shots are coming from. It's ridiculously fast!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #187 of 214
Playin Lies of P, and the boss fights are like Sekiro. It does seem to have a posture system, but not for deathblow, but for stagger. So, the posture system is for stagger in this game. The game focuses on parry, not dodge.

This boss was crazy. It's like playing Sekiro all over again. Very challenging. Based on this boss fight, boss designs seems to be good in this game. If the boss fights piss me off, they done a good job. lol

I didn't know you can dodge the attacks until I saw this. Dodge seems to suck in this game, but somehow this guy dodges the attacks.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #190 of 214
I hit a wall, and I just can't get past the 2nd phase. I found this video really funny. The tiny axe. lol

Wow, it took awhile to final figure out what she meant by 'dodge left.' You have to dodge left toward Romeo, not just left. Once I figured this out, Romeo was easy to dodge since if you dodge toward him, you can avoid his consecutive attack as well. This was demon of hatred level of difficulty at first, but it's really easy once you figure how to deal with Romeo in the 2nd phase.

This game isn't really 'unbalanced' as some people say, there is a way to beat every boss, but not in a easy way. You have to do some work figuring out the patterns. They really restrict you in options when you hit a wall, except leveling up, but that will take some grinding or cheats.

This game has good challenging bosses. It's not the most enjoyable, but good challenges I say. I think these boss designs are tops.

This dodge toward the enemy is a classic Fromsoft dodge strat. lol

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #191 of 214
Bloat King - it sucked! Remnant 2 dev really know what's really annoying. I got shot at and expected to dodge, but there is limited flooring that I can fall into the pit. So, they set it up that when we dodge, we fall into the pit. Annoying! For some people, this is their first boss. I can see people being put off by this game with this boss being their first encounter. There will balance issues if things are procedurally generated.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #194 of 214
I had no idea Zwei was so broken. Smough gets staggered by it?! But then gain, Fromsoft games was make great weapon easily break poise, which is what I liked about fromsoft games. Great weapons keeps staggering because what it does to poise. This feels like a calling for Zweihander run in Dark Souls. lol Zwei for hard hits/staggers, and Havel's armor to tank hits, easy mode. lol I guess Souls games in general have very bad balance. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back