Hardest boss fight ever!
Jul 9, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #151 of 207
Darksiders 3: Ionos

I thought previous one was hard, but the final boss of Keeper of the Void DLC is pretty hard. It has so many variations to it's moveset you have to get used to. It's going to take awhile to get used to this one. In apocalyptic difficulty, if you get hit once by a stomp, you are dead. This makes it incredibly difficult.

Jul 10, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #152 of 207
Ionos the DLC boss was ridiculously hard, but I got used to it's move set in the end and finished it off! Ionos is definately Sekiro difficulty level if playing on Apocalyptic. If you enjoy Sekiro for the timing defensives, you should give Darksiders 3 a try. It's very much like Sekiro. Make sure to play on Apocalyptic difficulty. Think of timing of dodging in this game like timing parry from Sekiro. It's very similar. The more precise your dodge timing, you can follow-up with an arcane counter, which is very satisfying.

However, the final boss of Darksiders 3 was too easy especially after getting the armor from the DLC. It's probably easy to do no hit attempt once you figure out the dodge timing.

In the end, I really enjoyed Darksiders 3. I don't get the reviews scores. The voice acting is much much better than cheezy jrpgs out there. The designs are cool. Controls are fluid, better than Jedi fallen order (which was stiff). If this game came out after Elden Ring and advertised heavily as Souls-like it would have been much more successful. I think the issue this game had was that the fans of Darksiders 1 &2 thought 3 was too hard due to being designed as a souls-like. They should have just made a different title for this one. Such a great game with bad marketing decisions.

I had fun with the bosses in this game. One of the better boss designed games out there.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #153 of 207
I'd have to say, even with Elden Ring, one of my most hated/loved bosses was Ludwig the Accursed/Holy Blade. I found him even harder than the Orphan of Kos on account of his wild and unpredictable moveset. Super fun bossfight though and easily one of my most memorable.

ludwig.jpg

Jul 19, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #154 of 207
I'd have to say, even with Elden Ring, one of my most hated/loved bosses was Ludwig the Accursed/Holy Blade. I found him even harder than the Orphan of Kos on account of his wild and unpredictable moveset. Super fun bossfight though and easily one of my most memorable.

It seems we have differences in what bosses we have difficulty with. Surprisingly, I beat Ludwig in minor number of attempts (Maybe 1 or 2). Orphan of Kos.... Oh GOD!... He seemed impossible at first.

To me, Bloodborne is the easiest of the Souls series.

I generally really despise fighting giants (or large creatures), and thus, most of the bosses in Bloodborne are not memorable. Micolash sucked too.

My most luv'd boss fights are DS1 and DS3. Oh, and can't forget Sekiro boss fights. Amazin!!

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #155 of 207
Pascal's Wager: Guderian the Guardian

Nuisance of a boss. I really disliked this boss as I couldn't figure out any patterns with this one. It just goes all out and swinging everywhere and seemed impossible to dodge with the terrible dodge mechanics in this game. And the other playable character Jerold is a weakling that dies in a couple of hits.

It took me awhile to figure it out because I played it like I would in From Soft games by staying close which is a BAD IDEA. I eventually figured out that I have to keep a distance and chip it's health a little at a time. You have to be very patient in this game.

This game came out way before Elden Ring and I would bet Elden Ring got the idea for it's first boss from this game. The boss behavior is so similar.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #156 of 207

Just looked at the boss fight and it just reminded me of how sexy the boss fights are in From Soft games. They know how to arouse us. lol

Fire paper on the sword looks so cool. Now I know why they talk about the stench the hunters gives off.

Another sexy boss fight for me is Sister Freude. She's also the toughest. I luv the voice acting.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #158 of 207
Stranger of Paradise FF Origin: Black Knight

Wow, the boss fights on solo in hard difficulty is rediculously hard! It's pushing me to my limits. This game is as difficult as Sekiro and likely even more if you play solo on hard difficulty. I think the boss designs are cool so far. Also, the combat is crazy.

If you thought Dark Souls was too slow, this maybe the one for you. Like Sekiro, the keeping up the speed with all these different buttons is the difficulty.

It seemed ridiculous at first, but getting deep into it, the combat system is pretty good. It opens up for highly skilled players. The parry system and break bar feels like they Team Ninja was influenced by Sekiro. So, the combat feels super quick. You definitely don't play this game for the plot, but for the boss battles, which are good. Level design is very mediocre like Nioh.

Some people are really good at this game. Souls-likes/Souls-bornes are the new concept resulted from mixing complex fighting mechanics like arcade fighting games with metroidvania level design, and RPG elements. This is why the game feels to have so much depth.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #159 of 207
This guy is slick! The fight looks very cool as a ninja. it's got to be super satisfying to be playing on that level. I'm at the boss I have to learn to deflect. Sigh..

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #160 of 207
Thymesia: Odur

For a first boss, he's very tough. What this girl says sums it up! "2 hrs for the first boss!" lol Thymesia seems to be as challenging as Sekiro. So, I would recommend for those looking for boss challenges.

Aug 21, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #161 of 207
Thymesia combat is very fun and welll executed. It's a mix of Bloodborne and Sekiro combat. It leaves it up to the player to hone their skills. There is a move like Mikiri counter from Sekiro.

Aug 22, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #162 of 207
Not that hard, but man this game is a fun metroidvania. Fights in metrovania tells me SoulsBorne/Souls-likes games are essentially metroidvania in 3D combat wise. This game feels like metroid.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #163 of 207
Code Vein - Successor of the Throat

I was about to give on this boss solo. The bosses in this game is nearly impossible solo in this game. It's made for co-op, and solo is masochistic. I could not figure out what to do with the wind attacks in the 2nd phase. I had to chip away this one to figure out how I can beat this boss. Supposedly there's 2 tougher bosses in this game. sigh..

Dodge timing is so damn narrow with a heavy weapon build that does reasonable damage. There's no special abilities that's helpful in this game. The skills don't help a whole lot.

I think this guy's method is the best way to beat this boss. Getting into the habit of dodging out and then in makes a whole lot of sense!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back