Hardest boss fight ever!
Jun 5, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #136 of 212
Anyone here try Nioh or Nioh 2? I beat Nioh but never finished all the DLC, Nioh 2 I beat everything except floors 21-30 of the Depths of the Underworld. The bosses in the higher levels of the depths basically one shot you with a good portion of their moves, so you need to either play perfectly or make a great tank build that still has decent damage. Nioh has an insane amount of loot, and armor sets, some have weapons as well, give you buffs depending on how many pieces you use, it’s a superb game. I just got a gaming PC, Alienware R13 with a 3090, though I may return it as I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about it, the cooling system is nowhere near ideal and hinders performance to the point that a better cooled PC with an i7 and a 3080 performs the same!! The only reason I may keep it is to build up my credit again after a trip to Cali years ago messed it up BAD. I got it to play Elden Ring on, and it at least allows me to turn up all the settings to max on my LG C1 with no issues at all. All of you who like From Software games should def give Nioh and Nioh 2 a try if you haven’t already, they both were remastered for PS5 and PC and look great, but Nioh doesn’t have HDR unfortunately.

Jun 5, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #137 of 212
Anyone here try Nioh or Nioh 2? I beat Nioh but never finished all the DLC, Nioh 2 I beat everything except floors 21-30 of the Depths of the Underworld. The bosses in the higher levels of the depths basically one shot you with a good portion of their moves, so you need to either play perfectly or make a great tank build that still has decent damage. Nioh has an insane amount of loot, and armor sets, some have weapons as well, give you buffs depending on how many pieces you use, it’s a superb game. I just got a gaming PC, Alienware R13 with a 3090, though I may return it as I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about it, the cooling system is nowhere near ideal and hinders performance to the point that a better cooled PC with an i7 and a 3080 performs the same!! The only reason I may keep it is to build up my credit again after a trip to Cali years ago messed it up BAD. I got it to play Elden Ring on, and it at least allows me to turn up all the settings to max on my LG C1 with no issues at all. All of you who like From Software games should def give Nioh and Nioh 2 a try if you haven’t already, they both were remastered for PS5 and PC and look great, but Nioh doesn’t have HDR unfortunately.
I tried it, and it is indeed more challenging then FromSoft games, but the difficulty is due to bad enemy optimization. It's a badly balanced game. I got through it to the point the bosses got easy, but I got totally bored of the generic level designs. It become too repetitive after while that I stopped playing. FromSoft games never get repetitive for me. In fact, they are good for multiple playthrough due to how it's designed. Even if level design of Code Vein isn't anywhere near FromSoft games, I found it to be superior to Nioh level designs.

Back to bosses

Gorgara

I spend way too many attempts on this boss because I had no idea it had a gimmick. You have to hit it's head to do reasonable damage, and there's a way to have him stumble and fall and you pounce on his head. Without this knowledge, it's not easy.

Taron Malicos

Finally, a challenging boss. This felt like a Dark Souls difficulty level boss. It actually feels like a Sekiro style fight. Felt good beating this boss. Still, the clunky controls isn't helping.

Wow, check this guy out raging. Crazy. FromSoft got him good. Real guuud. lol I think it's kinda dumb to keep 500k of runes?!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #138 of 212
Taron Malicos

Finally, a challenging boss. This felt like a Dark Souls difficulty level boss. It actually feels like a Sekiro style fight. Felt good beating this boss. Still, the clunky controls isn't helping.
This was the hardest boss for me to beat in the whole game. I found him completely unpredictable and his long attack chains difficult to parry.

Jun 5, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #139 of 212
This was the hardest boss for me to beat in the whole game. I found him completely unpredictable and his long attack chains difficult to parry.
I think Taron gets difficult in the 2nd phase when he starts doing his combos and harder to get hits in. I had a harder time with Trilla Suduri. Given her last name, she has to be Indian! lol, the game is woke. To me, she is the most fun and the toughest boss. It seems force push is effective against both enemies. You do it in middle of their attacks and it stuns them. That's the opportunity to get some hits in.

They seem to have gotten difficulty progression right. At least for me. Bosses do get progressively harder besides the bs early ones you face underpowered.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #140 of 212
I have over 5,000,000 runes at the moment on my PS5 game lol but that’s because I utilize the save scum technique, so if I lose my runes, I just download my save file, gotta make sure you turn off auto-sync first!! I haven’t tried the Star Wars game, not a fan of the movies, so I’m not sure I would be interested in the lore at all, if the game play is similar to From games I might enjoy it. I totally agree with you on the repetitive nature of the level design, I was very annoyed by it in the first one, but the difficulty in the 2nd one kept me interested. I hate when devs reuse bosses and levels a lot, in some instances it’s ok, like in Elden Ring, since there are still lots of other main bosses to fight, but ideally I would expect to only see bosses/mini-bosses once in any game. Elden Ring is massive, so I guess they would have probably taken quite a bit longer to release it if they didn’t reuse some of them, and still had the same amount of boss fights. I was a bit surprised they basically reused Margit, as Morgot but with some new moves and a slightly different weapon. I’m at the Fire Giant in my PS5 game now, though I stopped playing on that once I got the PC, now I’m anxious to get there and proceed on that. I’ll have to look through the rest of the posts fully to see if there are any other games that pique my interest.

Jun 7, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #141 of 212
I have over 5,000,000 runes at the moment on my PS5 game lol but that’s because I utilize the save scum technique, so if I lose my runes, I just download my save file, gotta make sure you turn off auto-sync first!! I haven’t tried the Star Wars game, not a fan of the movies, so I’m not sure I would be interested in the lore at all, if the game play is similar to From games I might enjoy it. I totally agree with you on the repetitive nature of the level design, I was very annoyed by it in the first one, but the difficulty in the 2nd one kept me interested. I hate when devs reuse bosses and levels a lot, in some instances it’s ok, like in Elden Ring, since there are still lots of other main bosses to fight, but ideally I would expect to only see bosses/mini-bosses once in any game. Elden Ring is massive, so I guess they would have probably taken quite a bit longer to release it if they didn’t reuse some of them, and still had the same amount of boss fights. I was a bit surprised they basically reused Margit, as Morgot but with some new moves and a slightly different weapon. I’m at the Fire Giant in my PS5 game now, though I stopped playing on that once I got the PC, now I’m anxious to get there and proceed on that. I’ll have to look through the rest of the posts fully to see if there are any other games that pique my interest.
Yeah, Elden Ring despite the massive size of the game and being the most recent technologically of From Soft games, it is probably my least favorite next to DS2 and Demon's Souls.

My favs are Bloodborne, Sekiro, DS1 and 3. Elden Ring, DS2, and Demon's Souls don't have the replayability of the others. I don't think Elden Ring's issue is it's lore. It seems very rich with lore and it's quite interesting if you look into videos on them.

It feels too inflated as a game. They lost quality with greater volume of content. I don't care for the open-world. From Soft are best at Dungeon designs. And I agree with you that Elden Ring repeats a lot of stuff. It could be a lot worse like 'Breath of the Wild' which was totally redundant design.

I felt like save scrumming wasn't so necessary with Elden Ring. When I first started From Soft games, I needed a crutch. I started with save scrumming because I was scared. lol. After awhile I got gud and stopped doing it. You put some time into theses games, you eventually figure out how to deal with the difficulty.

With Elden Ring I only like specific parts of the World, mainly the dungeons. I like stormveil, Raya Lucaria, and the Heligtree. This games loses in replayability due to the open-world. Open World is just a chore to go through. There is not much difficulty in the open world, and it's mainly about checking off the boxes. I don't like games you just check off the boxes. Too boring. I want to be challenged and experience the emotions from the random things that occurs from the challenges (in order to experience this, I stopped save scumming).

I don't like the new movies besides the original trilogy. Jedi Fallen Order is worth trying out. It's a fairly decent souls-like.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #142 of 212
lol. These games teaches patience. Worst game for people that easily rage. I like the one the guy that uninstalls the game.

The first one is so funny with the cat flinching on the background. lol

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #143 of 212
Blasphemous: Esdras Of The Anointed Legion

First notable challenge in Blasphemous. I had to time jump well with this one. Still, not all that exciting of a fight. Boss fights hasn't been anything special with Blasphemous.

Jun 21, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #144 of 212
Aeterna Noctis: T-900

Fun, but very challenging. As challenging as when I first fought the purple ninja in Sekiro and died countless times. I thought I would never beat this boss like the purple ninja.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #145 of 212
Aeterna Noctis just keeps getting impossible. No wonder there are no guides out there. Everybody just quits the game midway because it's so damn hard! I luv the game though. One of the best. More sadistic than any FromSoft game.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #146 of 212
Aeterna Noctis just keeps getting impossible. No wonder there are no guides out there. Everybody just quits the game midway because it's so damn hard! I luv the game though. One of the best. More sadistic than any FromSoft game.

Finally beat this little b**ch. Pain in the azz. I had to get heat seeking arrow gem. It felt impossible for sure. This game is not for those rage and give up easily like a little baby. You dabble in a little Metroid do you? That don't mean squat! This one is at a different level. Nobody likes this or plays this because it's hard.

This is no casual game. This puzzle was hard. Worse than FromSoft not telling you anything!

Who thought controlling the character upside down was a good idea?

It's addictive though.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #147 of 212
Blossom Tales: Flame Mage

I thought it was impossible to beat this bullet hell boss, and then read that shield can block the projectiles. That makes it much easier. Great boss. Challenges like these makes the game engaging.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #148 of 212
Darksiders 3: Flame Warden

This is the first boss brick I've run into in this, and it's an optional boss. I'm on apocalyptic difficulty so it can one shot me. Supposedly this game is a "Souls-like" and it's not bad of a game as the reviews say. This game doesn't have shield block or parry I don't believe. All it has is dodge. I know it looks like Beyonetta when the main character is dodging, but it's not. It's just dodge with invincibility frames on it. This game is mainly about dodge timing just like Souls games, but the animations are just different.

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #149 of 212
I finally beat the above, but the real nuissance on Apocalypses mode is Avarice. I had to level up quite a bit to be able to beat this guy. Sigh of relief at the end says it all. Notice how not greedy his playstyle is. This is no button mashing game. In apocalypse mode, you don't have the luxury to stay near the enemy (and mash attacks) or you get 2 shotted.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #150 of 212
Darksiders 3: Lust

Interestingly, this boss fight was highly telegraphed (I thought it was hard at first until I figured it out), meaning not much randomness to it. It's easy to get used to it's sword attack timing down for counters. The best counters that worked for this boss is the flame hollow as it seems weak to flame (massive counter damage, and fast attacks). I found it odd that none of the guide videos point that out. I can actually make a better guide based on my strategy. You can easily bait Lust's slide attack that you can easily time for counter attack to do massive damage. You just have to keep a distance so it's slide attack triggers.

In phase 2, the fight turns into ghetto 'Ornstein and Smough' fight. The 2nd enemy that joins is really easy to deal with. It's really nothing compared to Ornstein and Smough, which is one of the hardest boss fights ever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back