Hardest boss fight ever!
Mar 27, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #121 of 209
Yeah I've yet to find a katana. I'm about level 60 at 60 hours in. I just completed the Liurnia castle/boss. Does the katana scale with STR? What's the requirements on the katana's you've found? I'm a pure STR, VIG and END build. I do have the jump attack talisman and I use it along with the charge attack enhance talisman mostly. I'm curious about this dung eater quest sword too....most of the cool weapons I've found require INT or other stuff I'm not putting points into. I do have 16 DEX as I put a few points into it before I really knew where I was going with my build. This has been my first souls game.
You can find Uchigatana in a dungeon in Limsgrave. I would look it up on google or youtube.

I recommend trying out weapons with bleed buildup effects. If you swipe the enemy enough times, they will bleed and extra damage like a massive damaging critical finish.

Traditionally, katana scaled best with dexterity or half/half STR/DEX. In Elden Ring, you can change the weapon's scaling type with a whetstone. You can use a specific whetstone to make it scale with STR. You do that at the smith or site of grace with the Ash of War option. Pick a Ashe of War and choose heavy for STR scaling.

You will get plenty of level up points later into the game, so I would just go quality build half/half STR/DEX, so that you can open yourself up for many weapons including STR and DEX. Bloodhound Fang for instance scales with DEX, and cannot be modified with whetstone on how it scales. Because it's a specialized weapon.

Dung Eater quest weapon you can get. Sword of Milos. Same moves as Claymore, and with bleed damages.

I think this game really encourages usage of magic and magic weapons. INT/DEX builds are quite popular. Moonveil is a great katana for a INT/DEX build.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #122 of 209
I dislike a lot of the boss designs in Elden Ring. They made some of the melee fights really difficult in this game.
Agreed. Boss fights were a big step down from DS3. Despite there being a ton of boss content in Elden Ring, so much of the difficulty came from cheap design. Insta-kill anime attacks, input reading, huge AOEs, massive opponents with awful camera angles, attack stalling, etc. Plus the extreme boss re-use led to me getting burned out towards the end of the game. That said, the game has the best visual design and world design of any game I've played. Music was fine, I felt DS1/DS3 were more iconic though. I'd still give the game a solid 8/10.

As for the hardest boss in any (Fromsoft) game, probably Sister Friede. It was a long and challenging fight but it never felt unfair and was incredibly satisfying to beat. Similar to Nameless King in that sense.

Mar 27, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #123 of 209
Agreed. Boss fights were a big step down from DS3. Despite there being a ton of boss content in Elden Ring, so much of the difficulty came from cheap design. Insta-kill anime attacks, input reading, huge AOEs, massive opponents with awful camera angles, attack stalling, etc. Plus the extreme boss re-use led to me getting burned out towards the end of the game. That said, the game has the best visual design and world design of any game I've played. Music was fine, I felt DS1/DS3 were more iconic though. I'd still give the game a solid 8/10.

As for the hardest boss in any (Fromsoft) game, probably Sister Friede. It was a long and challenging fight but it never felt unfair and was incredibly satisfying to beat. Similar to Nameless King in that sense.
Sister Friede is the hardest boss of all Soulsborne games (which excludes Sekiro). Sekiro is also the game with the most hardest bosses. Sekiro is more skill based, and it's time consuming to learn and apply patterns. I feel Sister Friede is less skills based, and more about luck, which is quite difficult as well. It's due to being 3 phases, and the last one being the real crapshoot.

You are right that in comparison to some of the bad bosses in Elden Ring, Sister Friede is fair.

Elden Ring definitely has great visual design. And it's really fun to explore. The bosses do ruin the game. Two of my fav legacy dungeons are Stormveil Castle and Lucaria Academy. Both are brillient level designs. I luv finding secrets in them. I really don't care for most of the open world. I'm never sure if I covered all of the open world.

I notice that game kinda takes a dive after Limsgrave. I think they spent lots of time on Limsgrave and then try to finish up the rest of the game. The game really takes a dive after Leyndell.

8/10 is the realistic score. But then, lots of game's scores will scale down as well. Since From Soft games are so much better than majority of the games out there.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #124 of 209
Elden Ring: Mohg lord of blood

Holy hell! This boss was annoying! He spews blood fire all over the place, and you can't hardly dodge!

I usually can take out the tougher bosses with a bleed weapon, double claws if getting tough with a less armored boss, but this boss's 2nd phase and it's transition is the the big problem. First of all. During the transition to 2nd phase, it will triple bleed you and it will heal itself. And then in the 2nd phase, it will be resistant to bleed, which makes minimal damage with the claws.

Since it spews combination of bleed and fire, I had to use Radahn's armor, which has high robust. And I had to use bloodhound fang since claws in 2nd phase is worthless. This combo worked. His 2nd phase is nearly impossible because he flies everywhere, and spews blood fire all over that you cannot avoid.

Worst fight ever so far! I can tell he is a tough one since he is a major boss that gives you a great rune, and gives you 480k in runes. Some people say this boss is fair. When did spewing blood fires everywhere that you cannot walk become fair?!

By the way. I don't use OP magic since it's like not like fighting the boss at all. I don't use summons either. Mimic tear makes bosses too trivial to be any fun. Still, using bloodhound fang isn't all that fair either. I don't like OP magic spells and mimic tear in this game because it causes imbalance of difficulty.

just by the fact that this dude is wearing ugly armor, this dude is taking this fight serious

I can tell even Onbal thinks he's hard because he didn't fight him melee 2nd phase. He just spams magic to deal with it! lol.

Such a terrible boss design. You can see how unreasonable this boss design is. I really don't get why From Soft would put out such bs design.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #125 of 209
Haligtree legacy dungeon is the boss itself. Toughest legacy dungeon in the game. This area is great for streamers to put out fun entertainment. lol

We all know Rune Bears are the hardest field enemies in the game. Very very scary!

Apr 11, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #127 of 209
This was an entertaining Elden Ring stream fight against Radahn. Marz went hardcore at level 49. This is before the 1.03 patch nerf, and recommended level was 80 at the time. I imagine this boss being impossible to no hit. Which means it's a terrible boss design. It's a mediocre boss design like many in Elden Ring.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #129 of 209
Sekiro: Seven Ashina Spears

The worst! I think From Soft purposefully designed it to be annoying as hell. Some attack will do 80% heath bar damage, and can one-shot you easily. The attacks patterns are very awkward. Each hit will do ridiculous amount of posture damage if not parried in perfect timing. The move set is so awkward to time well. Classic From Soft's trolling by varying the delay of attacks with a very hard hitting weapon to really get on your nerves (Dark/Demon Souls, Elden Ring knights?!). This is a boss that doesn't have a big move set to learn, but small move set with timing attacks that are purposely designed to throw you off.

I just realized this guy is equivalent to Dark/Demon's Souls or Elden Ring elite knights, but harder to learn.

Whoever designed this guy purposely delayed it's thrust attacks to throw you off from timing the Mikiri counter effectively. This guy does two different thrust timings to throw you off. Only way to beat this guy reliably is to adapt to it's delayed thrust timings to Mikiri counter effectively.

I raged, and I wouldn't be surprised if this boss causes a lot of people to rage.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #130 of 209
Sekiro: Headless

There's these min-bosses scattered all over in the game, but they are very challenging. It's a same awkward design that's not a clean design that is simple as learning the pattern to defeat it. For some reason, From Soft decided to tease you early of this boss so that you'd take the bait, and get punished by this boss.

The move set is weird. It's very difficult to time the attacks for perfect deflect. It cause terror build up, and you die once the bar is filled. It will teleport and kill you from the back if you don't move away quick enough. If you don't attack, the area engulfs with mist that slows your movement. I think this slowing contributes to messing up your parry timing. All around very awkward fight.

It's terrifying, but also bs design that makes no sense. I hate it. From Soft sometimes throws in crap like this into their games. A real nuisance. It's rare to find a video of anybody beating this boss earlier on. I don't get why they placed this boss so early if it's so difficulty to beat with the limited stats early on. It's just one of those like the Seven Ashina Spears that has me scratching my head. Given how weird From Soft is, it's not unexpected I guess.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #131 of 209
Sekiro: Great Shinobi Owl

This is a boss I really struggle with, and I know it will be the same with Owl Father. The problem with this guy is, trying to get a hit in without getting punished. He punishes you hard if you get hit (Takes like 70% health). Not much opportunities and deflecting Owls hard swings really wrecks your posture bar. This is why he's so tough. I struggle harder with this guy than Genichiro because the high posture damage he inflicts. Only way I can beat him is bait his jump slam, and hit him with Mortal Draw. Without Mortal Draw I really don't know if I can beat this guy. Without Mortal Draw you be doing chip damage on him, and it would take forever to beat him.

Her parry timing is pretty precise. I've seen ONGBAL fight him and I know for a fact that his parry timing is perfect, and the posture meter still fills up.

see how owl's posture bar hardly fill up until getting his health down enough (which is a challenve in itself)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #132 of 209
Sekiro: Lone Shadow Masanaga the Spear-Bearer

From Soft luvs to put you inside a cramed room with a fast moving ninja to beat the crap outta you! Lone Shadow Masanaga is the most difficult ninja in the game, and I struggle.

I don't know how this guy takes out it's posture with so little damage? Most people cannot take this guy down until about 20% health. Or I should say most people cannot take this guy with posture, but only with health.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #133 of 209
Sekiro: Seven Ashina Spears - Shume Masaji Oniwa with General

I was wondering if anybody actually fought these two honorably without doing a shinobi stealth kill the general. And somebody actually beat fighting both. Fighting both of them together is incredibly difficult. This is not Ornstein and Smough level. Sekiro's bosses are much more difficult if fighting two of them together due to the bosses being able to deflect your attacks. This is why there is no real duel bosses (that you can't stealth kill one of them) in this game.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #134 of 209
I really like Sekiro for it's boss fights. I really enjoy fighting the bosses in Sekiro. It's just way more involving and so much depth to it's combat mechanics that it's very engaging.

My muscle memory recall how to handle Demon of Hatred, a top 3 most difficult boss in Sekiro along with Owl Father and Isshin.

I don't know how this guy can do a no-hit with Demon. It was hard enough for me to beat it with only 1 Gourd left over.

DS3: Oceiros, the Consumed King

This boss 2-shots me. Takes like 80% of my hp with one swipe. Ridiculous. Thankfully, I am a pyromancer that does 615 hip damage per chaos fireball. Still, it's unfair that I only do small fraction of damage that Oceiros does to me. My vigor sucks because as Pyro build, a lot of my points went into INT/FAI. This is why I got two shotted. This is how it is for casters. Pyro builds are difficult to develop quick enough because so many area you invest points in.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #135 of 209
The Ninth Sister

Not that this boss is difficult, but an actual boss in Jedi Fallen Order I had to figure out how to beat. lol. I'm ashamed to say as a Soulsborne vet, it took me 3 tries to beat this boss. Took me 3 tries to figure out it's move-set.

I'm realizing this game probably designed to take some aspects from Sekiro and Dark Souls. The enemies have posture meter just like Sekiro! And the mechanics are parry. That's where the similarities end. The controls are real clunky. Nowhere near as precise as Sekiro. Sekiro is probably the most precise combat controls I've ever experienced. If you've been playing button masher action games all your life, you probably have no idea what precise controls is. It's a type of controls that you actually controls over like in Sekiro, but also very precise in how it responds. Devil May Cry is an example of a button masher, and you don't take real control over the combat. All you do is mash button combos. There is very low degree of options you have during combat, so not much thought involved. FromSoft games have high degree of combat options that needs to be thought out during combat in comparison.

Jedi Fallen Order's controls responsiveness is worse than the original PS3 Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back