Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Jan 25, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #2,027 of 4,588
I placed the order today. At this point I hope the $200 K7XX will do really well with the $418 stack.

Have fun with it!

Singxer X-1
wink.gif

Thanks! That looks good, but it does not have an external enclosure though

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,031 of 4,588
I've had my mimby for around a week now, and I must say it pairs amazingly well with audio-gd nfb-1amp.  I listen to mostly dark electronic music, and the sound signature of this setup compliments it really well.  Out of character for me but I spent several hours this week listening to classical music; I'm blown away by the soundstage and separation.  I know what people mean now when they describe the mimby as providing a kind of 'holographic' soundstage.  I'm pretty happy with my recent purchases; I purchased everything in this photo in the past ~month.

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #2,033 of 4,588
Sweet setup! The 650's are some great cans! Especially for that music.

I'm really digging
"Groove Delight - Hang Out ( Gustavo Mota remix) , on my cans with the same model numbers as yours, but scrambled(HE560)
:beerchug:
I've had my mimby for around a week now, and I must say it pairs amazingly well with audio-gd nfb-1amp.  I listen to mostly dark electronic music, and the sound signature of this setup compliments it really well.  Out of character for me but I spent several hours this week listening to classical music; I'm blown away by the soundstage and separation.  I know what people mean now when they describe the mimby as providing a kind of 'holographic' soundstage.  I'm pretty happy with my recent purchases; I purchased everything in this photo in the past ~month.

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,035 of 4,588
Close. Lol. I'm using one of Moffats , originals. Theta Pro Prime IIA. It totally smokes the bimby. The bass presence,holography, and soundstage are off the meter!

Still jammin to
Groove Delight- Megatron

This might be the best recorded electronic I've ever heard. Lol

Edit: The Mjolnir 1 , is a beast of an amp! I'm totally digging it with the 560's. Phenomenal match!

Are you listening to the mimby with a mjolnir 1? That's my setup. Any opinions if that's your setup too?

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #2,037 of 4,588

Are you planing a balanced DAC soon? Seeing you using balanced amp.

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #2,038 of 4,588
I found that having toslink in the chain somewheres sounds much better. When I went usb to wyrd to mimby it was rough, then tried toslink direct to Mimby and it was much more fluid and refined. Couldn't say why, maybe it's that toslink is the only inherent and true galvanic isolation.

USB>Wyrd>USB>Gustard U12>Toslink>Firestone Bravo>Coax>Modi Multi-Bit DAC >Lyr 2> Hifiman HE-4

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #2,040 of 4,588
I found that having toslink in the chain somewheres sounds much better. When I went usb to wyrd to mimby it was rough, then tried toslink direct to Mimby and it was much more fluid and refined. Couldn't say why, maybe it's that toslink is the only inherent and true galvanic isolation.

USB>Wyrd>USB>Gustard U12>Toslink>Firestone Bravo>Coax>Modi Multi-Bit DAC >Lyr 2> Hifiman HE-4

SPDIF measures better than USB on the Mimby.  It is simply a superior connection with this particular DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back