HA-RX900 Questions
Jul 18, 2011 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Aastii

New Head-Fier
So I am in the market for some new headphones, and again and again keep coming back to and considering these. I have looked at a few others, but everything being said (mostly on this site) says for the price, they can't be beaten.

So, I have a budget of ~£50, give or take a few quid. These will be used mainly for listening to music and gaming. I'll be running them through my computer on an Asus Xonar D2X. The gaming is secondary, but I want my music to be sounding as clear as possible given the price. Although I have a lot of everything in my library, I mainly listen to indie and prog and alternative rock. Would they be a good choice for this?

I'll have em on for long periods each day as well, so how are they for comfort?

Are there any others that would given better sound quality for my uses with in the budget? I could probably push to a touch over £60, but as things are at the moment, there is a lot of saving to be done over the next few months, so I can't afford a whole lot more.

You are talking to someone that doesn't even have a basic grasp of this sort of thing, so please forgive my ignorance if I have forgotten to mention anything or sound like a bit of a fool 
tongue.gif

Thanks 
smile.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 7
ATH-AD300

but best if you can afford ATH-AD700

good soundstage for gaming, great comfort and also kinda good for music. Best for classical and Jazz but will play everything else without a problem.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks for the reply,

however, as I said in the post, I don't care so much about the gaming sound, that is secondary, I would sooner have great sounding music and average gaming, than amazing gaming and mediocre music

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
thanks for the reply,

however, as I said in the post, I don't care so much about the gaming sound, that is secondary, I would sooner have great sounding music and average gaming, than amazing gaming and mediocre music

SRH-240

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
The SRH-240's would be better than the JVC's?

For what reason, and would anyone else agree?

The JVC are nothing really special. People think they are worth the value but for the price, Shure 240 are the only shures I recommend.

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 7
I have the rx700 which is supposed to be very similar, and its midrange isn't that great for music. Very nice for gaming though.

At the rx900 price point it seems like most people go for the Samson sr850 (Superlux 668b rebrand) or Creative Aurvana Live (Denon D1001 rebrand), check out some reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back