GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Mar 11, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #871 of 5,552

Got it covered.  I saw that in a previous post by you and was expecting that.  After finally getting the case open that was probably the toughest thing to do.  Short fat stubby fingers!

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #872 of 5,552
Is the recommended seller the one based in Taiwan on ebay ?

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #874 of 5,552
Thanks.

Is the consensus that upstream this amp is better with well-implemented Sabre ES9018 or more musical but less detail-oriented chips like TI or old school R2R chips ? I always think in terms of balancing out the chain now...2 analytical components = no-no etc....

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #875 of 5,552
Thanks.

Is the consensus that upstream this amp is better with well-implemented Sabre ES9018 or more musical but less detail-oriented chips like TI or old school R2R chips ? I always think in terms of balancing out the chain now...2 analytical components = no-no etc....

I compared it to the Aune S16 and also the Rega Apollo R. The latter had the top Wolfson chip that everyone thinks is smooth and musical. I found the X12 to be just as smooth, yet revealing more detail, better depth and greater dynamics. Kind of interesting to have all that and still be considered smooth.

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #876 of 5,552
  It's pollychen. I think he's based in Hong Kong IIRC.

He's actually based in Shenzhen, a few miles north of Hong Kong.  I will give you my experience up to this point and then you can decide whether he is someone you want to do business with.  I purchased an H10 and X12 from him on Feb 9.  I received the equipment on Feb 19.  Unfortunately he shipped an X12 and a U12 usb Interface.  I emailed my problem and he responded promptly promising to ship the H10 out after Chinese New Year.  He also offered to discount the U12 if I wanted it.  I am using a ipod dock  (because I'm a Newbie) so don't think I have any use for the U12.  I communicated that I couldn't use the U12 and asked for a prepaid return or whatever to return it.

I received the H10 on 3/10 with most of the screws falling out of the motherboard.  No problem, the good people on this forum coached me how to get the case open. Got it all hooked up and everything is working fine.

Now today pollychen and I are playing email tag about returning the U12.  The cheapest shipping I have found going back to China is USPS at $85 and I am not fronting that myself even though he has done everything he said he would.  Maybe we are having an English/Chinese translation problem because he doesn't seem to understand that its going to cost to send it back.  I am not the one who shipped the wrong piece.  Am I being unreasonable?  I really don't think so.

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #877 of 5,552

He's actually based in Shenzhen, a few miles north of Hong Kong.  I will give you my experience up to this point and then you can decide whether he is someone you want to do business with.  I purchased an H10 and X12 from him on Feb 9.  I received the equipment on Feb 19.  Unfortunately he shipped an X12 and a U12 usb Interface.  I emailed my problem and he responded promptly promising to ship the H10 out after Chinese New Year.  He also offered to discount the U12 if I wanted it.  I am using a ipod dock  (because I'm a Newbie) so don't think I have any use for the U12.  I communicated that I couldn't use the U12 and asked for a prepaid return or whatever to return it.

I received the H10 on 3/10 with most of the screws falling out of the motherboard.  No problem, the good people on this forum coached me how to get the case open. Got it all hooked up and everything is working fine.

Now today pollychen and I are playing email tag about returning the U12.  The cheapest shipping I have found going back to China is USPS at $85 and I am not fronting that myself even though he has done everything he said he would.  Maybe we are having an English/Chinese translation problem because he doesn't seem to understand that its going to cost to send it back.  I am not the one who shipped the wrong piece.  Am I being unreasonable?  I really don't think so.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe him selling it to your country on ebay would be easiest solution.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #878 of 5,552

Sorry to hear that. Maybe him selling it to your country on ebay would be easiest solution.

I'm waiting on the next communication from him.  I'm thinking that if he would put $20 in my paypal account I would ship this unit to his next U12 buyer in the U.S.  That would probably be the best solution for everybody.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #879 of 5,552

It's pollychen. I think he's based in Hong Kong IIRC.

You don't sound unreasonable. It sounds like pollychen needs to eat this one. 

EDIT: That is, he should comp you the U12.

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #883 of 5,552
I'd just like to add that I'm really enjoying the HD800's way of presenting music. It's going very nicely with the U12 > X12 > H10 :).

It even sounds pretty great out of the M-Stage combo, but definitely less refined. I haven't done a proper comparison between the two for the HD800's yet.

I haven't had them long enough to properly compare them with the LCD-X's either, but I think I'd still consider the X's as delivering a truer representation of my music. Sounds more "natural", but a little less open.

The Subpac S2 is also pretty damn fantastic. Would highly recommend with high end headphones.

Mar 15, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #885 of 5,552
I would have pulled the trigger on X12 from shenzhenaudio if that Euro price would be true. It's listed at 404€ with USB. When you proceed to payment it changes back to USD. After usd-eur conversion price is 536€. Euro is so trashed now. ****. I am not buying anything outside of Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back