Gustard Amplifiers and DACs
May 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #166 of 605

This seems to call into concern the versatility of the H10's pre input section; maybe it's a bit fussy about matching with certain output sections.

I've heard of this before; some dac output sections, despite being very good quality, cause the dac to have very different sound characteristics, with different amps, because of impedance mis-matches with certain pre-amp sections.

I wonder if that's what, or the reverse of it, is happening here; maybe the dac matches better with the additional pre, and/or the additional pre matches better with the H10, but the dac doesn't match well when connected directly to the H10.

I think this could be my case. Some time near I will purchase an R2R dac to experiment and test this hypothesis. I honestly would rather use one amp rather than the Capella to the H10 but my ears are more in bliss with the latter. But the system as a whole needs to be acknowledged so that's where the DAC experimentation is warranted.

May 31, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #169 of 605
  Pangea Audio - HD-24PCe - HDMI Cable - 4% Silver Plate - .6 Meter.  Haven't tried anything else.

Nice! Did you notice some improvements?

I bought this one:

http://www.ricable.com/supreme-hdmi-2.0.html

0.5 m length and loved the results. A bit hard to bend due to its short length but worth it.

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #176 of 605
Thanks, wow, everything has improved. I was a bit puzzled back then when I saw parts of the PCB were unpopulated, but it looks like it is complete now.

Kicking myself for being broke after the HD800 and NFB-1AMP purchase, guess I'll have to be happy with my X12 and U12 for now...

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #178 of 605
   For your information:

Gustard DAC X20

Regards,

Hello hgpsemaj,

Looks very promising! Any info on what kind of XO's used? Are they replaceable?

I don't see any Discrete output stages, are they build around opamps??

Regards,

Alex

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #179 of 605
Well it won't stack symmetrically with H10 anyway.
Wonder if "project H20" will use this form factor (wide vs deep).

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #180 of 605
Looks amaaaazing. Question @hgpsemaj do you know if the XLR and the RCA outs of the X20 can be used  both at the same time? That would be pretty awesome to connect the H10 by XLR, and then my tube amp by RCA~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back