Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah nah you're... ...you're good.

Not gonna turn my back on you, dood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I get a prize?

beerchug.gif
A beer on me next time you're in Bozeman.

Feb 14, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #18 of 69
Are they as easy to listen to / unfatiguing as the HD650?

How well do they handle nasty/poor/harsh recordings?

Inquiring minds want to know..............

Feb 14, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #19 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they as easy to listen to / unfatiguing as the HD650?

How well do they handle nasty/poor/harsh recordings?

Inquiring minds want to know..............

Pretty damn good, i'd say. I've got a coupla test tracks I use just because they're harsh and tend to sound harsher on bad gear. The 800 handles it amazingly well.

One of the tracks, "Giant Step" by New York Voices I was a third way into before I remembered to listen to the harshness. When my attention was drawn to it, it did sound fatiguing, but almost not harsh. I was amazed.

Really, these cans are astounding.

The one thing I will say is be careful with the volume control with these headphones. They sound so good you keep turning it up. I had to force myself to break out of it and turn it down numerous times.

Oh, and forget about getting anything done for a while when you first get a pair.

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #22 of 69
Tyll,
What can you say about the 800s breaking in time?
Do they need 200 hs minimum like the K701/2?
What d´you think about moving the 800 with the Ultra Desktop Amp?

beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #23 of 69
Hey Tyll,
No backs being turned here, just the good old fashioned green with envy!!! Enjoy them for all of us! By the way, who made that cool looking amp ya got there and where can I get one?
Kevin

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #24 of 69
Do you use your Headroom coffee cup on a regular basis (like I do), or is that just a subliminal "plant" in the pic?
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #25 of 69
Quote:

What can you say about the 800s breaking in time?

I dunno, these have been circulated around at shows, so I can only assume they've broken in pretty well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you use your Headroom coffee cup on a regular basis (like I do), or is that just a subliminal "plant" in the pic?
wink.gif

No man, I got a cupboard full of those things.

Next time I'll take a pic with one of the old coffee cups.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #26 of 69
Can we try to pre-order part 532758, which is the replacement cable? Maybe if HR can place an order (I'll pre-pay as needed), Senn will at least step up with a price and availability?

I have a (pretty well supported) bad feeling the plugs are, in fact, NOT Lemo, and are, in fact, proprietary, meaning NOT a seperately available part.

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #27 of 69
So does that mean you have all of the first orders in, or did Sennheiser want to be especially cruel and send only one pair to dealers first?
confused.gif

If they all came in, that would incredibly awesome timing as my birthday is right around the corner.
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #28 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does that mean you have all of the first orders in, or did Sennheiser want to be especially cruel and send only one pair to dealers first?
confused.gif

If they all came in, that would incredibly awesome timing as my birthday is right around the corner.
biggrin.gif

It's just a loaner...

Feb 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #29 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just a loaner...

(Insert Edwood weeping and moaning sounds here.)

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #30 of 69
OK Tyll!! I need a old cup and a new cup. Where can I purchase those items. I collect this type of stuff and have nothing by Headroom. Honestly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back