Guess what I'm listening to?
Feb 21, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that the HD800 has removed the veil will you guys finally admit the HD650 was veiled?
ph34r.gif

NO!

The 650 is perfect, the HD800 is perfecter.

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #64 of 69
I would agree that the 650s are perfect, only after the cardas cable upgrade though and significant burn in time to remove that veil. Hmmmm, perfecter you say?
Kevin

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and forget about getting anything done for a while when you first get a pair.

Best PR a set of cans could ever receive. For me, when reviewing gear, anything that gave me musical ADD was a clear winner. Now I am really looking forward to getting a pair of these cans. Now if I can just decide upon an amp.....
mad.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would agree that the 650s are perfect, only after the cardas cable upgrade though and significant burn in time to remove that veil. Hmmmm, perfecter you say?
Kevin

The HD 650s come absolutely alive when given a great recording. It'll not bring any upfront quality to a recording that intrinsically doesn't have it, hence that 'veil'. I agree with the word 'exquisite' when used to describe the sound production of the HD 650. If the HD800's improve on this then this is truly remarkable and it would be a great headphone to possess.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #67 of 69
I agree aimlink,
My cds from MA recordings let the 650s strut their stuff in full glory, no veil there. Hey Aimlink, have you got your P-51 in yet, I'd like to ask you some quesios about it.
Kevin

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree aimlink,
My cds from MA recordings let the 650s strut their stuff in full glory, no veil there. Hey Aimlink, have you got your P-51 in yet, I'd like to ask you some quesios about it.
Kevin

Yes. Got it and the Westone's. I've already done some good listening too.
happy_face1.gif

So shoot your questions. I'll answer as best as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back