Guess what I'm listening to?
Feb 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #31 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK Tyll!! I need a old cup and a new cup. Where can I purchase those items. I collect this type of stuff and have nothing by Headroom. Honestly!

Buy a pair of HD800 and get a free cup
smile.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #33 of 69
That is funny Lil' Knight. LOL

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #34 of 69
I guess Montana now has more HD800's per capita (2 for a population less than 1 mill.) than anywhere else besides Germany. Oh, and apparently great skiing too. I R JELUS
wink.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #36 of 69
Very nice -- time for a "choose the caption" contest.

Whoops -- just noticed the "no international sales" update on your website. There goes my pair... Effing heck.

o

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #38 of 69
No audio
confused.gif
or is it just me?

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #40 of 69
How neutral would you say the 800s are after breaking in. My 650s were a little to dark for me before several hundred hours, after that though they loosened up and became much more middle of the road. Do the 800s retain the slightly darker soundscape? By the way, the video torture worked, I drooled all over my computer keyboard which short-circuited my computer, which created a surge.... ....that traveled through the usb cable frying my amp, and finally caused my 650s to explode! Then I orderd the 800s to replace them, got them this morning, and, and, and... and then I woke up from my nightmare/dream.
Oh-MAAAAAAAN.
Kevin

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #41 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How neutral would you say the 800s are

I really can't imagine a more neutral headphone.

Feb 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #42 of 69
Colour me none the wiser, albeit perhaps a little disappointed - maybe hoping for something that 'looked' a bit more revolutionary on paper. Though, the Orpheus didn't look that perfect on paper either, and I suppose we're still debating what perfect should even look like anyway...

Though, the square wave measurement is quite a bit better, which goes with the impressions of excellent transient response...

graphCompare.php

graphCompare.php

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #43 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really can't imagine a more neutral headphone.

To add my quick 2c, the HD800s have the best soundstage image depth and transient 'quickness' / resolution yet; they're easily the most precise, perfectly analytical, and neutral-sounding headphones i've heard.

I also think they represent a distinct break from the traditional Sennheiser laid-back presentation ["the veil"!] that many have come to expect from the HD580/HD600/HD650 lineage. The HD800s obvious tonal/timbral accuracy in the mids & highs is not only FULLY extended, but (like Tyll said) delivers a completely transparent response even during difficult passages... wow.

We can't wait until our first shipment shows up soon!
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
Sales/Product Manager

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #44 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can't wait until our first shipment shows up soon!
smile.gif

Will there be any left for customers after Headroom staff have all had their ones.
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #45 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Colour me none the wiser, albeit perhaps a little disappointed - maybe hoping for something that 'looked' a bit more revolutionary on paper. Though, the Orpheus didn't look that perfect on paper either, and I suppose we're still debating what perfect should even look like anyway...

Though, the square wave measurement is quite a bit better, which goes with the impressions of excellent transient response...

graphCompare.php

Disappointed? Look at the ends of the frequency curves. Look how much flatter the bass goes towards the bottom end towards the left. Clearly measures more bass than the HD650. Also, the right side, high frequency is higher as well. Hence the lack of "veil".

Were you expecting a ruler flat line?

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back