GTA Spring 2016 meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #63 of 144
What does everybody think of rescheduling to Saturday the 28th?

I'm good for the 28th - just finished radiation so it would give me another week - but whatever suits the masses is okay.
floatsmile.png

May 14, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #64 of 144
I'm good for the 28th - just finished radiation so it would give me another week - but whatever suits the masses is okay.:floatsmile:

Cool stuff.

I'm super busy, as always, trying to get things done in the last minutes. This time, I've ordered over $500 USD in panels to complete the projects on the workbench and they are scheduled to arrive either on Friday or Monday... That means the best case scenario, I'll be working late into the night to make things happen or can actually have an extra week of building to show off some very cool stuff on the 28th. :)

Just a funny side note, I accidentally left my Bijou tube amp on for over 48 hours on a weekend and it still runs perfectly. :)

That's it, it's rescheduled to the 28th!

We are rescheduling the meet to Saturday May 28th. Sorry for the people that planned for the 21st but I simply could not get everything ready in time. The space is now booked (around $600 to get things together, plus drinks, plus security), we should be all ready to go! :D

If you're on this thread, I'll put you on the security list.  Just say who you are at the security desk, they'll call me and verify the list. Please make sure you're on this thread and I'll put you on the list for the security desk.

As with all my meets, we have at least 2 levels of security before you enter the room:
1) First, you must sign in through the security desk (Head-Fi verification)
2) You will be then phoned in by name to me personally (Head-Fi and real name) so I can meet you at the doors

As the last time, we will also have Head-Fi and real name tags for entry into the event. You will not be allowed in without this!

May 14, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #65 of 144
!!!This should be a fun meet on Saturday the 28th!!!

This should allow a couple of more people to have a couple of drinks. :) I'll try to provide some Scotch and maybe some good wine. I really like red wine from Rhone (south of France, and a favourite of mine as well as some of my friends :) ), so maybe we could enjoy something nice. Please bring something to enjoy with the other enthusiasts if you want - this could be Scotch, good beer, wine or whatever you like. We have an eclectic and all-round fun crowd that generally enjoys a little of everything.

Personally I'm just looking forward to having a little Scotch with Bryan (@charliex
)
at the beginning of the meet, before things are set up just so we can enjoy talk time before the meet starts. :) I know I spend the first 2 hours setting things up with tables, equipment, power cables, and all that stuff, plus of course the bar, so I'll make time for a few of the favourites.

The meet officially starts at noon (12pm), and if you show up at that time, we will still be setting up the room, so please help out. I usually start setting up the room at 11:30 to get things ready, and by 12:00 I'm still in the middle of things and appreciate the help to move tables and chairs. I usually tell people to not show up early, at least until 1:00pm because that's when the room is set up and things are getting started, so we can all have fun.

If you show up before 1:00pm, it would be appreciated to help with setup. Yeah, it takes me a few hours to set things up, so show up after 1pm, or help set up the room. :wink:

------

I will have my full workbench kit with me if you need any cables or work done on an amplifier that needs fixing.
No Beta22 fixing, but other projects are possible, especially cable work - RCA, XLR, Adapters, etcs. All at best prices for custom work.

----

I will also have a couple of projects for sale:

I've gotten my hands on a few power supplies by Kevin Gilmore called the Golden Reference Low Voltage (GRLV), they are the best PSUs measured so far, so I decided to complete a couple of my projects that have been on the workbench. All are using the best parts available, custom 6mm brushed aluminium front and rear panels, as all my builds are. I always choose all parts as best available for the purpose and I go with the build that I use myself. These are a couple of builds that I made for myself that I won't be using myself as much as I would like to. This is the reason I'm allowing people at the meet to buy my builds at approximately parts costs, not at the usual price I would charge for a custom amplifier build like this. I have spent many (20+) hours designing the casework, choosing the best parts, ordering, building and assembling the builds. Please enjoy my build as much as it's really meant to be appreciated.

I will be offering the following:

- Transconductance Amplifier - The perfect amplifier for Planars, as designed by Kevin Gilmore. It's a similar design to FirstWatt Power Amps (Current Source Output, not Voltage output!) - $800

- SuSy Dynalo MK2 (Super Symmetry Balanced Dynalo) - Balanced/Unbalanced output from balanced/unbalanced input; perfect amplifier for . Think HeadAmp GS-X MK2, but with a newer circuit by Kevin Gilmore, modern parts and the most advanced PSU ever created by Dr. Gilmore!. It's the best Dynalo design I've ever seen or heard, with the best PSU. - $1200

- EHHA Rev A (Alex Cavalli Tube hybrid amplifier, maxed out build with Telefunken tubes and Alps RK40 POT). - $975

- Bijou (Alex Cavalli Futterman OTL pure tube amplifier, the absolute best Sennheiser HD600/HD650/HD800 amplifier!) - $925

- FrankenGrado Headphone #1 (Elleven Acoustica drivers, wood cups, Sony headband, custom cable) - $350

- FrankenGrado Headphone #2 (Turbulent Labs Magnum V5 drivers, wood cups, Grado headband, custom cable) - $400

The Head-Fi posted prices are in USD, but I will do the same price in CAD for this meet and we can negotiate a bit if you want to grab something on the spot! Expect that I'll have a hundred dollars off for any Torontonians on the amps :) I can't do much on the custom headphones but the amps might be below parts costs at this time. Get yourself an amazing amplifier for less the costs of actually building it yourself. I had fun building it, you can have fun listening to it. :D

May 14, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #66 of 144
I'll be down for the 28, my new psvane tubes need burning in and I got a bunch of stuff coming in anyways 
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #67 of 144
I will be bringing some beer and scotch at the request of pavel (a debt to repay actually).

May bring the sr200 to compare to Bryan's hp1000.

I wanted to bring the geek pulse infinity I just bought but it was DoA. So I sent it back this morning for repairs. Not sure if I can get it back on time.

May 17, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #71 of 144
Cool, should be down for the 28th. I don't see any issues with it. 

I'll be bringing my Oppo HA-1, and iBasso DX50, along with my Sennheiser HD800. 

@FallenAngel , will you be providing glasses for scotches? or do we need to bring our own?

May 17, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #73 of 144
See you on the 28th. How many blank name tags do we need? Let me know. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

The current invite list has been posted in the first post of this tread. Please get those on the list and as we're barely 10 days away from the event, the rest will have to be verified directly.

May 17, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #75 of 144
Looking forward to the 28th! The SRA-3S has been restored to working condition and has one Pro and one Normal bias, so it's good with pretty much any Lambda!

Special request - will anyone be bringing a KGSSHV? (Or even a KGSS?) I have been wanting to hear one with my 007 mk1 for a few years now but never had the opportunity. Indeed I've had such fit issues with the 007s that a KGSSHV demo is all I need to know if I'll keep them or get rid of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back