GTA Spring 2016 meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #136 of 144
Sorry guys, just looked for the party room at my parents, and electrical outlets will most definitely be an issue, it just isn't a suitable option.  I will see if I can find something in a community centre or something, but that would be in the Markham/RIchmond Hill area up north, and I am not sure how much those places are .... :frowning2:

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #138 of 144
  Sorry guys, just looked for the party room at my parents, and electrical outlets will most definitely be an issue, it just isn't a suitable option.  I will see if I can find something in a community centre or something, but that would be in the Markham/RIchmond Hill area up north, and I am not sure how much those places are .... :frowning2:

Albert,

If you are planning on hosting, I'd suggest creating a new thread to gauge interest.  Hopefully the planning phase won't turn into a 2 year affair, but if you can get a interest count going at least you'll know what your budget will be.
FYI most people ended up paying $20 for the entrance fee, so that should give you a ballpark of what you can afford to book.

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #139 of 144
Hello! Buddy. I wanna thank you so much for posting this. I'm able to go tomorrow (Friday) around 1:30pm to have a listen. The time slots are quite rammed but the lady over the phone said you will just have to be patient...I can't wait! :)
Anyhow. Thanks again, man. I wouldn't have found out about this if it weren't for your post.
Also, I love how the Orpheus is "touring" like its a ******* band! Oh that killz me!

Cheers mate. ✌️

No problem! Happy you were able to get in! I've got my appointment tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to it!

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #140 of 144
No problem! Happy you were able to get in! I've got my appointment tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to it!

Had a great time!! Enjoy yours!! Listen to tears for fears's SHOUT on the Orpheus 2. The guy there (Wally) doesn't really have the most diverse play list. Tell him to not stream anything from tidal. It sounds like ****. FLAC all the way. Paul Simon's "homeless and Graceland' tracks sound incredible!
Pick songs you know. It's the best way to really know the holographic sound imaging the Orpheus really can handle. :)
Remember, you only have 15min which will feel like 5min!!

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #141 of 144
Had a great time!! Enjoy yours!! Listen to tears for fears's SHOUT on the Orpheus 2. The guy there (Wally) doesn't really have the most diverse play list. Tell him to not stream anything from tidal. It sounds like ****. FLAC all the way. Paul Simon's "homeless and Graceland' tracks sound incredible!
Pick songs you know. It's the best way to really know the holographic sound imaging the Orpheus really can handle.
smily_headphones1.gif

Remember, you only have 15min which will feel like 5min!!

Thanks for the pics ! That looks like the Totem room down on the main floor. I just came back from the Bay Bloor site and came across their page below:

Just looking at the spread reminds me of the feeling I got whenever I saw a nicely  machined turntable placed in movie shot.  Jeez...take me 5 minutes just to get into the right state of mind for critical listening.  You should mention our head-fi gatherings and folks at BBR some of the impressions thread from them.  They might be interested in joining or perhaps donating some gear to raffle off at the meets.

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #142 of 144
$75,500 for this set? The hell? 
blink.gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #143 of 144
Had an incredible time. Listened to Jeff buckley, Norah Jones and Paul Simon. Then he played a track I don't know and then hotel California.
The sound is just incredible. Hard to describe. I just can't listen to music anymore.

Then went to try out the se846 (great but a little sibilant), ie800 (horrible), and LCD-XC out of a Bryson amp (similar to se846, but much weightier and a little overly hot up top).

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #144 of 144
Had an incredible time. Listened to Jeff buckley, Norah Jones and Paul Simon. Then he played a track I don't know and then hotel California.
The sound is just incredible. Hard to describe. I just can't listen to music anymore.

Then went to try out the se846 (great but a little sibilant), ie800 (horrible), and LCD-XC out of a Bryson amp (similar to se846, but much weightier and a little overly hot up top).

Hey my friend, you could have at least purchased one unit to bring to our gatherings.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back